What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jakey Marketo Moving On

denis preston

First Grade
' After eight years with the club, Marketo was not offered a new deal and moved to the other side of the world, linking with the Timișoara Saracens in the top tier rugby competition CEC Bank SuperLiga.

“I felt I needed a change due to the draining season I had personally,” Marketo told Market Watch.

“I am not here to bad mouth anyone but coming off practically two full seasons (2015-16) of first grade, to not getting a look in was tough.

Well that put an end to leaving gracefully ! It was one of the plus points on Mary's coaching last year ( to give others an opportunity ) and he sooks about it ! I'd say he is delusional but after the club gave him 50 opportunities to show us what he's got no wonder he thinks that way.

Jake Marketo is in a word delusional

He actually believes he deserved 50 FG appearances at STGI.

Ultimately the bloke could not get a gig in ESL due to the rule concerning appearances needed in NRL.

Unwanted at NSW Cup and QLD Cup level, Jake I liked you better before you started giving interviews.

You tried very hard but were average at best.

Best of luck in Roumania..

I anticipate your next contract will be in Siberia.

Eastview

Juniors
SHHHHHHH II

MjgxMTIwMTcyMXxjeG8uYXxodHRwczovL2Nkbi5uZXdzYXBpLmNvbS5hdS9pbWFnZS92MS8zNGUwNzQyOWFjOTQzMzZkOWEwOWJkYjc2Mjc0ZTQwY3wyODExMjAxNzIx

Benji Marshall gets a hug from Jake Marketo.Source: News Corp Australia
A few weeks ago we revealed former Dragon Jake Marketo had moved to Romania to play rugby. The code switch was short lived with the 28-year-old headed back to Australia.

We know of two NRL clubs looking at signing the utility. Watch this space.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...t/news-story/45ad45917a5cd394331f28fc77110b53

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Jake Marketo is in a word delusional

He actually believes he deserved 50 FG appearances at STGI.

Ultimately the bloke could not get a gig in ESL due to the rule concerning appearances needed in NRL.

Unwanted at NSW Cup and QLD Cup level, Jake I liked you better before you started giving interviews.

You tried very hard but were average at best.

Best of luck in Roumania..

I anticipate your next contract will be in Siberia.

Is someone able to post Marketo's Tweet ((from his Twitter page) where he expresses his gratitude towards the club for giving him an opportunity to play in the NRL?

Some will believe what they want to believe no matter what.

Latest posts