What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jamal Idris

Wizardman

First Grade
Great interview on the Sterlo show. Idris seems like a great bloke. Would you want your club to have a crack at him?

Just watched his interview. Can straight up tell he's lying about what happened in Vietnam. Very strange human

AJB1102

First Grade
Just watched his interview. Can straight up tell he's lying about what happened in Vietnam. Very strange human

He almost came on Sterlo's couch talking about sitting in the dark in Ghana but he shied right away from the story about taking on half a dozen blokes with guns. If that happened to me it would be a well developed yarn I'd love sharing!

And by strange you mean interesting? He sounds like a very smart and thoughtful young man.

Why do you think he's lying?
He is intelligent and interesting but that story was bullshit.

He was great for us in 2014 and I rate him as a player, no bias in what im saying

Tommy Smith

Referee
I only ask because I missed the start of the story. So should have elaborated that I was more curious about that particular story he was telling.

If it is indeed bullshit then that'd be a red flag for any potential coach you'd think.

PANTHERMIKE

Juniors
Spent to much time in Byron Bay.

He sounded like he had punched out about 15 cones before he came on...

'The ball of twine has been unraveled'

Put down the Ice pipe Jamma...

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
If he is legit serious about playing footy and getting to the top of the game, he should hope that Craig bellamy makes him an offer and than accept it regardless of the amount.

betcats

Referee
He is a very good player, shame he was never that committed to league cause he could of been special if he had a hard working attitude to go with all that size and talent. Even half way in he was very good for Penrith.

Mogsheen Jadwat

Juniors
I got the distinct feeling he just didn't want to go into detail, or to talk about it TBH.
Same, he mentioned it once, then Sterlo zero'ed back in on it and Idris again was evasive on it and tried to put it to the side as quickly as possible.

Whatever it was, he wasn't keen on opening up about it. Maybe he did something stupid to put himself in that spot, maybe it was something that was completely overblown, only Jamal knows.

I can respect him for deciding he wasn't in the best mental state to play NRL and instead of downplaying it and waiting for an almighty meltdown, simply choosing to walk away and do his own thing and not make a fuss.

can't help but get the feeling he talks a good game but won't commit long term to anything.

Latest posts