What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jamal Idris

betcats

Referee
Jamal Idris doesn't care at all about Rugby League,he is exactly like Eric Grothe Jr,they just wanna play so they don't have to work at Oporto's.

He will never be 100% committed to this.

Yeah I like Idirs but this is obviously about him needing money.

T-Boon

Coach
If he is legit serious about playing footy and getting to the top of the game, he should hope that Craig bellamy makes him an offer and than accept it regardless of the amount.

Yeah, if Bellamy can make Blair and Morgan look quality imagine what he could do with Idris.

God-King Dean

Immortal
So I must be the only one who thinks he has no talent

He's fast for a guy his size. That's about as far as he goes talent wise. Has poor RL instincts.

How he managed to play for NSW & Oz is mind boggling, & he was bagged mercilessly on the forum for being immensely overrated (not that it's his fault)

Yeah, if Bellamy can make Blair and Morgan look quality imagine what he could do with Idris.

Thing is I doubt he would go to The Storm for that very reason. As Haynetrain pointed out, the comparison with Eric Grothe Jr is very valid. Both had great natural talents but never fulfilled their potential as they were unwilling to put in the hard work to bring it out (i.e. train). Grothe Jr coasted, and Idris has shown little sign of changing.

T-Boon

Coach

He's fast for a guy his size. That's about as far as he goes talent wise. Has poor RL instincts.

How he managed to play for NSW & Oz is mind boggling, & he was bagged mercilessly on the forum for being immensely overrated (not that it's his fault)

I think he should go play college football. He looks like a defensive end to me and he seems intelligent enough to get into Baylor or one of those Big 12 schools.

See... I thought this as well until I saw him absolutely destroy Greg Inglis in the centres in a game back in 2012 or 2013... I can't remember which year now.

When his mind was on the job he was one of the most destructive centres in the game. The obvious problem was always that his mind was generally elsewhere and he looked like a plod because of that. Don't know how the year or so out will affect him. Maybe he comes back as a forward now and then it's a different ball game anyway.

But if he comes back and can get his mind on the job, he could be a handy pick up for whoever gets him.

Marlins

Juniors
I don't think he wanted to talk too much about what happened in Vietnam because he probably wants to sell the whole story to 60 minutes or some shit. Something has to pay for his Jeep.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
If he is legit serious about playing footy and getting to the top of the game, he should hope that Craig bellamy makes him an offer and than accept it regardless of the amount.

Bellamy is great IF the commitment is genuine. If it isn't then he can't work miracles either.

Look at Gorgeous George Rose. Went there all full of good intentions (and donuts) then packed it in as it was all too hard and he was not as committed as he thought he was. I'd put money on Idris being in the same boat as Georgey boy.

Someguy

First Grade
Maybe we need that Perth team after all. Somewhere for Benji, Idris, Rein and co to go to

Excellent defender. Covered Sowie brilliantly in 2014

nick87

Coach
He's got a place in the NRL for some team, if his mind is focused on being a professional footballer. But i wouldnt touch him for the Raiders. We've got the best centre pairing in the game.

adamkungl

Immortal

When he was picked for NSW he didn't deserve it. By 2014 though I thought he was quite good. I'd like to see him back

Latest posts