What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

James Graham.

Mr Red

First Grade
Geez OT, you're being a bit tough on Graham. If his toughness and natural leadership, plus Hunt's playmaking abilities don't improve the team next year, and in particular take some of the pressure off Widdop, we might as well just quit the NRL and play in the NSW cup.

Our forwards were mostly soft as butter last season and often wilted when other teams turned up the intensity. This was mostly due to not having a forward leader who will put a rocket up the softies. Graham will fix this.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Our forwards were mostly soft as butter last season and often wilted when other teams turned up the intensity. This was mostly due to not having a forward leader who will put a rocket up the softies. Graham will fix this.

Unfortunately, given McGregor's inability to use bench rotations effectively, I have a horrible feeling this will have a negative impact on Graham.

Personally, I feel this lack of game time was a contributing factor in Trent Merrin's departure a few years ago.

ouryear

Juniors
Unfortunately, given McGregor's inability to use bench rotations effectively, I have a horrible feeling this will have a negative impact on Graham.

Personally, I feel this lack of game time was a contributing factor in Trent Merrin's departure a few years ago.
He hasn't done any better at Penrith.

since77

Juniors
Personally, I believe Merrin's career has plateaued because of the ridiculous decision to move him to lock. He's a prop, and always will be.

Merrin's career plateaued because he'd already become as good as he was going to get. The club wasn't making a whole lot of smart decisions a few years back when he left but letting some other club pay him a lot more than he was worth was wise.

If anything, he's gone backwards since joining Penrith.

Belta

Juniors
It will be interesting. We came out of the blocks firing, With all our forwards charging at the defensive lines, then in an unlikely turn of events, a few injuries, Packer went down, only Vaughan, an injured Frizzel and Ah Mau hit he ball up, perhaps to a lesser degree Simms, but the majority of the others avoided the tough stuff, JDB and co went missing, died in the arse as we catapulted unceremoniously out of the eight.

2019 will see bigger more powerful packs, can we match the size and power of the Cowboys, Storm and co.? Have e got enough forwards to do the tough yards to support Vaughan and Ah Mau, best case scenario will be Host, Sele, Kerr, Lawrie take up the challenge and really rip in, its young guns or bust and if this happens we'll be fine, especially with a skilful and inspiring prop,

BennyV

Referee
It will be interesting. We came out of the blocks firing, With all our forwards charging at the defensive lines, then in an unlikely turn of events, a few injuries, Packer went down, only Vaughan, an injured Frizzel and Ah Mau hit he ball up, perhaps to a lesser degree Simms, but the majority of the others avoided the tough stuff, JDB and co went missing, died in the arse as we catapulted unceremoniously out of the eight.

2019 will see bigger more powerful packs, can we match the size and power of the Cowboys, Storm and co.? Have e got enough forwards to do the tough yards to support Vaughan and Ah Mau, best case scenario will be Host, Sele, Kerr, Lawrie take up the challenge and really rip in, its young guns or bust and if this happens we'll be fine, especially with a skilful and inspiring prop,
All true. In addition, Parra showed that if you match us in the pigs and send the attack to our edges we are stuffed and haven't got the game smarts to counter. Will be interesting to see if Mary and our new recruits have enough idea to not only regain our early season firepower, but maintain it for more than a few weeks.

Sadly, I predict not...

Belta

Juniors
Our backs don't fill me with confidence either and as BennyV said; "...send the ball to our edges and we are stuffed..." Lafai still looked broken in the WC, not threatening at all, and I was gunna say a snail on one wing and a grandma on the other, but that's just being negative so I'll say, If our forwards aim up and our backs learn to read the opposition attack, and our fullback works out, 2018 could be a good year.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Unfortunately if MARY doesn't use the whole bench and uses 3 most of the time .the loss over a season can be anything from 5 hours to 14 hours lost time causing more fatigue for the overused props all of a sudden guys like PAUL VAUGHAN and JAMES GRAHAM are running on tired legs ..MARY ,MARY, MARY use you bench .use it properly .

Bench
Looking at Graham over the last two years he is very dominating with his players. On the other hand we have Widdop the polar opposite.
As the new player on the block do you think that will stop him firing the boys up.

Life's Good

Coach
Looking at Graham over the last two years he is very dominating with his players. On the other hand we have Widdop the polar opposite.
As the new player on the block do you think that will stop him firing the boys up.
Not at all. He is a natural leader which brings with it an expectation that he will play that role. I think the respect he is held in will not be something that will put him offside with the other players.

Old Timer

Coach
Does anyone have any real knowledge of how Graham's contract is set up?
How much are the Dogs up for and for how long?

JDHD

Juniors
Does anyone have any real knowledge of how Graham's contract is set up?
How much are the Dogs up for and for how long?

No. It's all been kept very under wraps. That makes me suspicious that we may have genuinely tried to do the Dogs a favour.

Old Timer

Coach
No. It's all been kept very under wraps. That makes me suspicious that we may have genuinely tried to do the Dogs a favour.
So I wonder is the the consensus of opinion that no matter the cost Graham is a great acquisition or is he only a good acquisition at xyz$ and if that is the case what is that number?
There must be a tipping point in the equation and I would love to know what the real deal is?

Latest posts