What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jarome Luai

OldPanther

Coach
Depends what you like. I think a ballplaying FB is better then trying to get either of those 2 to pass it. Though Edwards did play halves as a junior so who knows how he will finish up. I like Dallen as a centre

He might move as he gets older and loses a bit of pace.

OldPanther

Coach
Well I know Edwards work ethic/attitude would be the perfect starting place.

Don’t get me wrong I rate edwards highly I just love Dallins explosiveness and aggression.

Imagine that work ethic with Dallin's physique. Oh boy.

You're not wrong about his attributes. I just think they are loser than you think. I'm sure Dylan is a very good runner. Wish they both nee how to pass though.

Matthew Ellis

Juniors
Imagine that work ethic with Dallin's physique. Oh boy.

You're not wrong about his attributes. I just think they are loser than you think. I'm sure Dylan is a very good runner. Wish they both nee how to pass though.
Edwards has mentioned he's working on it during pre season. I've noticed he's done a few good short passes which he didn't do in previous years. He just needs to perfect cut outs now.

When he first played first grade Cooper Cronk said Billy Slater could only pass well a metre in any direction and he had to train hard to improve that.

OldPanther

Coach
Edwards has mentioned he's working on it during pre season. I've noticed he's done a few good short passes which he didn't do in previous years. He just needs to perfect cut outs now.

When he first played first grade Cooper Cronk said Billy Slater could only pass well a metre in any direction and he had to train hard to improve that.

Yeah it's easy to forget how the elite players started out and developed over a 10 year career.

Matthew Ellis

Juniors
About Jarome not playing every game in reserve grade like he did against the Warriors. It's a team sport, players don't play in a vacuum. I doubt our reserve grade forward pack dominated any team like we did to the Warriors in the reserve grade games he played.

mxlegend99

Referee
About Jarome not playing every game in reserve grade like he did against the Warriors. It's a team sport, players don't play in a vacuum. I doubt our reserve grade forward pack dominated any team like we did to the Warriors in the reserve grade games he played.
Actually our reserve grade pack are f**king animals that dominate games regularly. One thing our lower grade halves have not done is play behind a beaten pack very often.

We look like men playing children most weeks.

mxlegend99

Referee
Luai will be a better player than Cleary you heard it hear first.
He is more likely to go the way of Mitchell Moses. When shit goes right it looks great. But when it goes wrong not so much.

Fantastic defence though. Comparing Luai to Cleary is like comparing Presto to Gowie. They're completely different players.

Moylan though is finding some serious form. Everyone here hates him and tties to discredit everyghing he does. But we win that game if Moylan wasn't in their team.

betcats

Referee
He is more likely to go the way of Mitchell Moses. When shit goes right it looks great. But when it goes wrong not so much.

Fantastic defence though. Comparing Luai to Cleary is like comparing Presto to Gowie. They're completely different players.

Moylan though is finding some serious form. Everyone here hates him and tties to discredit everyghing he does. But we win that game if Moylan wasn't in their team.

I thinkLuai has the right attitude and better coaching than moses, that will show the difference in those two.

They are different players that is true but Luai just has a much higher ceiling if all goes right for both of them. You can’t teach his vision or instincts, you can teach a great attitude and how to direct a team which he already has in his bag anyway. Luai can be a straight up 7 and control and direct the team like Cleary if we need him to be, I don’t think Nathan can provide the creative and attack that Jerome does though. That’s just what I think tho.

mxlegend99

Referee
Luai looks more like a 6 to me. Cleary runs a team. Luai reacts to what he sees. Its ady yo say he player has good vision when he's in good form. But those dorts of players tend to have dips in form where very little goes right too.

I think they would compliment each other well. But I think in a full season Cleary would easily lead a team to more victories. Lusi is more exciting though. But excitement doesnt always mean points.

OldPanther

Coach

Put Luai and Cleary together = sexy football.

Moylan is the football gods in human form.

betcats

Referee
Luai looks more like a 6 to me. Cleary runs a team. Luai reacts to what he sees. Its ady yo say he player has good vision when he's in good form. But those dorts of players tend to have dips in form where very little goes right too.

I think they would compliment each other well. But I think in a full season Cleary would easily lead a team to more victories. Lusi is more exciting though. But excitement doesnt always mean points.

I think letting them play as s traditional 7 and 6 would be brilliant for penrith long term I would love to see that.

Latest posts