What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jennings to the Roosters?

betcats

Referee
The Jennings and Lewis departures are fine if we fix our spine if we don't we have just spread the cap around the same positions but don't have a better team

Without placing blame on anyone I see the Jennings and Lewis departures like this:

Jennings was given a contract he was probably never going to live up to, not his fault maybe but so what. On top of that he was lazy and ill disciplined most of the time, getting rid of him is a good move the more I consider it. If we were pushing for a top 6 spot then maybe not.

Lewis was our captain and most influential leader, you cant be succesful with a player like that at loggerheads with the coah and GM imo especially with a young team. I am not saying he caused the problem, just that there was one, the best thing was for us to part ways.

Keep in mind that my two favourite panthers have been Lewis and Jennings for years now so initially I was pretty upset to loose them.

Last edited:

mxlegend99

Referee
My top 3 players the past few years were Flash, Lewis and Jenko. Players with crazy talent and who loved our club. So losing all 3 in one year is pretty hard to cop regardless of the reasoning. Although I think Flash would have been kept/stayed if we could predict that Coote would end up at 5/8, and that Lewis and Jenko would both be released.

Could have gone close to matching the Sharks offer, and also been able to tell him he was our first choice #1. Obviously he is an injury concern, but I think he is worth the risk.

Kilkenny

Coach
My top 3 players the past few years were Flash, Lewis and Jenko. Players with crazy talent and who loved our club. So losing all 3 in one year is pretty hard to cop regardless of the reasoning. Although I think Flash would have been kept/stayed if we could predict that Coote would end up at 5/8, and that Lewis and Jenko would both be released.

Could have gone close to matching the Sharks offer, and also been able to tell him he was our first choice #1. Obviously he is an injury concern, but I think he is worth the risk.

Gordon chose to move on and our deal was comparable to the sharks deal.

The OX

Juniors
We can tell in 10 weeks how painful it will be.

Will the dearly departed be injured, superstars or trouble off the field?

Will our 17 be cellar dwellers or world beaters.

I think we are going to be smiling....

Kilkenny

Coach

Get a grip Ox. No need to be positive on this forum!

soc123_au

Staff member

What has got into you Mr Happy? Did you get lucky this morning?

The OX

Juniors
Nope, sitting on Main Beach, Surfers Paradise boys.

Livin' the dream!!!

Few white pointers about too....

Graftonpanther

Juniors
I dont think we will go as bad as everyone is making out. I think if we can fix the defence and hopefully play someone else at 1/2 for this year we will surprise a lot of teams that will be expecting to walk all over us. I think what Gus has done is smart and places us in an extremely good position to buy what we need next year and very good quality at that. If we can announce say Thurston ( please please please lol) we should be able to snare another high quality player to go along with him, Mateo would be great a perfect fit in the back row for us. Ah well can only dream I suppose.

soc123_au

Staff member
I just want round one to arrive. All the what ifs that come with the off season are driving me mad.

franklin2323

Immortal
Damn right these floggings in the cricket don't help. We actually should get a team for next weekends trial soon. Should pretty much be a Windsor team but even still it means footy's almost here.

soc123_au

Staff member
I will be happy to read a match review, anything will do. Cricket shits me at the best of times, at the moment it is crook.

franklin2323

Immortal
Add a NHL strike as well and I am the same. (Rugby League 2 can only do so much) Next Sat is the game so reports and team selections aren't far away.

abpanther

Staff member
Michael Jennings says quality of Sydney Roosters players makes his job easier than at Penrith Panthers

451517-michael-jennings.jpg

New boy ... Michael Jennings is enjoying his time at the Roosters. Source: Gregg Porteous / News Limited

Star signing Michael Jennings believes his job will be much easier this season because he is surrounded by more talent at Sydney Roosters than he played with at Penrith.

While keen to move on from his bitter falling out with Panthers coach Ivan Cleary and general manager Phil Gould, Jennings let slip this pre-season with the Roosters has shown him he will get much better service and opportunities to take on the defensive line in 2013.

He said the halves combination of Mitchell Pearce and James Maloney and an energetic forward pack are the main reasons he will not have to work as hard to break lines.

"It's a similar role, but it's so much easier playing with quality players. It makes my job a lot easier.''
Jennings will line up on the Roosters left edge alongside Daniel Tupou and James Maloney, while the Roosters most-hyped new recruit Sonny Bill Williams will attack from the right edge with Shaun Kenny-Dowall, Roger Tuivasa-Sheck and Mitchell Pearce.

The 24-year-old NSW State of Origin centre said his departure from Penrith, where he was reprimanded and suspended for numerous off-field incidents and attitude problems, has him feeling more relaxed than he has been "for a long time".

"I haven't been so clear minded for a while.''

Meanwhile, Roosters players expect to run out with superstar recruit Sonny Bill Williams in the NRL's season opener against South Sydney on Thursday despite continued contract issues.

Just six days out from the Allianz Stadium clash, and with the Roosters hoping for a sellout on the back of heavily promoting Williams's return to the code, his one-year deal has yet to be ratified by the NRL.

The NRL's salary cap auditor Ian Schubert is reportedly waiting on more paperwork to officially tick off the contract despite the former All Blacks centre announcing his switch last November.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/...penrith-panthers/story-fn2mcuj6-1226588442419

Last edited:

mxlegend99

Referee
I agree with him. The playmaking at the Panthers has been shit ever since we lost Craig Gower and Preston Campbell. We've had plenty of promising players in and out of the team since then, but the only players who got a legitimate shot in the halves were Burns and Walsh. Burns was great for us, but isn't much of a playmaker. While Walsh has only ever had success with kicks, and one in every 5 or 6 games when he takes on the line and no one sees it coming.

abpanther

Staff member
I think he's right

I also think it's pretty poor form to come out and say it though