What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Jerseys, Logos, Mock Ups, Photos ANYTHING

flippikat

Bench
on a kinda tangent here... question time.

What jersey from a current NRL team would you LOVE to see back in the competition - either as a home, alternate or heritage?

I'll start.

I'd love to see this late 1990s Balmain jersey become the Wests Tigers main jersey, or at least a heritage jersey.

It's a deft mid-1990s update of the 1960s-early 1990s Balmain strip, with a "shutter effect" of stripes on the bottom half of the jersey.

Sure a sponsor logo might blunt the effect (at least on the front), but I like it.

lawrencec-1732651.jpg

MugaB

Coach
on a kinda tangent here... question time.

What jersey from a current NRL team would you LOVE to see back in the competition - either as a home, alternate or heritage?

I'll start.

I'd love to see this late 1990s Balmain jersey become the Wests Tigers main jersey, or at least a heritage jersey.

It's a deft mid-1990s update of the 1960s-early 1990s Balmain strip, with a "shutter effect" of stripes on the bottom half of the jersey.

Sure a sponsor logo might blunt the effect (at least on the front), but I like it.

lawrencec-1732651.jpg
Thats one of my favourites, and ive added that into (my mascot beatem up game...) i remember the kangaroos had a similar design too with gold and green
Even wthout the double V it would look better than the shit designs that club has been dishing up, make it simple, same jersey, orange top black shorts as the pic shows, then replace the orange with white for an away kit... fmd couldnt be any more simpler..
If they want a full black kit save it for a heritage round

MugaB

Coach
As for other jerseys, penriths licorice allsorts (featuring in last years finals) and the WCC jersey this year, but in colors they wear today not that teal and rust shit, basically its white uptop with the red, yellow, green stripes then black torso, black kit..
For other teams Newcastles orginal red/blue from 2 years ago was a beauty (just NIB covering it suxd)
And warriors and cowboys from 2 years ago too was great too, the 25 year anniversary jerseys (i bought them both, very good designs
And lastly Bronx i want to see a gold top of their heritage jersey

flippikat

Bench
As for other jerseys, penriths licorice allsorts (featuring in last years finals) and the WCC jersey this year, but in colors they wear today not that teal and rust shit, basically its white uptop with the red, yellow, green stripes then black torso, black kit..
For other teams Newcastles orginal red/blue from 2 years ago was a beauty (just NIB covering it suxd)
And warriors and cowboys from 2 years ago too was great too, the 25 year anniversary jerseys (i bought them both, very good designs
And lastly Bronx i want to see a gold top of their heritage jersey
Can't argue with the choices here, I'd love to see Penrith do the 1991 jersey for home, and the "confetti" jersey from the mid 1990s as away/alternate.

images

The gold-top Broncos jersey from their first few seasons is a good call too.

images

Patorick

Staff member
Can't argue with the choices here, I'd love to see Penrith do the 1991 jersey for home, and the "confetti" jersey from the mid 1990s as away/alternate.

images

The gold-top Broncos jersey from their first few seasons is a good call too.

images
Love that 1995-1996 Penrith one. Very nineties.

MugaB

Coach
Penriths away white torso is no good, the club losses money on white to light jerseys/kits. nobody who follows penrith relates white with penrith... better off with what they had this year for the WCC, than a full on light/white away...(obviously using the current colors of red yellow green, not the teal/rust)
Or maybe stick to the all pink or add black to the stripes at the bottom/torso area

Raiders needs to either move the strip, or the sponsor away from each other, plus the white is a very very bright shade of blue, you can tell when you see the difference of the sponsor box and the jersey color, its faint
The stripes n the shoulder should have lime on the inner and outer too, so 4 stripes not 3

I love the south minties in white very good

yakstorm

First Grade
This should never have existed, what does these colors have to do with the broncos... terrible design and choice of blue... not your work, just the broncos idea that adding navy for those years
The thinking behind it (and not saying it was good thinking or anything) was to incorporate the City of Brisbane colours into the kit (which are blue, white & gold)

The blue Nike used was too dark though and the alternate kit was not recognisable as a Brisbane kit.