What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jones Goonnnneeee..

Iafeta

Referee
Diehard said:
I always found Jones to lack passion anyway. Esspecially in internationals. He was no Alfie Langer that is for sure.

You're mistaking lack of passion with his personality; off the field he is extremely shy and backwards in coming forward. Certainly not an unpassionate player.

Iafeta

Referee
Razor said:
2gb wouldnt know sh*t from clay. untrue,rumour designed to suck mugs in.

It was in the paper several weeks ago that he was unlikely to re-sign with the Warriors and go to a leading English club.

Thats fair enough; but it should also be cross referenced with the fact that he has two more seasons after this one on his current contract.

He also said on Radio Sport last week that he wants to see his career out at one club.

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
Iafeta said:
pepstar87 said:
Stacey Jones, wants out when the team is going bad.. Typical.
and you want to make out Stacey Jones hasn't given loyal service?

Been poor this year on field, but one thing about Stacey is he's been f****g loyal and quite frankly that sort of comment is ludicrous and in poor taste.

I did not once say he was unloyal. He has been there for a few years yeah, but when they were expected to do well this season, and they are struggling at the bottom of the ladder and their coach leaves, got hammered by 50 on the weekend, he leaves. I just cant picture Jones at another club, he should be a Warrior from the start of his career and finish as a Warrior. Not a Wigan Warrior.

ozbash

Referee
bullshit pepsta, you did.
you said it was typical stacey wanted out when the team is going bad. ok. you said that.!!

what is it typical of ?
when has jones wanted out before ?
stacey jones would be the last to leave and i think you should, perhaps, think before you open your mouth.

ozbash

Referee
He has been there for a few years yeah, but when they were expected to do well this season, and they are struggling at the bottom of the ladder and their coach leaves, got hammered by 50 on the weekend, he leaves.

the poor little bastard is recovering (or trying to recover) from fairly major off season surgery to a groin injury as well as an ankle reconstruction..
ffs mate, do you want blood ?

stacey will be the first to admit his form in 2004 has been well below his usual standard.
there is no bullshit with the guy, he has worked his arse off for the team and through situations out of his control he is left shouldering a very large part of the blame for the teams poor showing.

i think that if you knew stacey you might realise that he is in fact helping to hold a struggling team together.
not what i,d expect from a ship jumper.

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
Its obvious you are a huge fan of Stacey Jones just by looking at your banner. No biast comments from you ozbash?

Iafeta

Referee
pepstar87 said:
Iafeta said:
pepstar87 said:
Stacey Jones, wants out when the team is going bad.. Typical.
and you want to make out Stacey Jones hasn't given loyal service?

Been poor this year on field, but one thing about Stacey is he's been f****g loyal and quite frankly that sort of comment is ludicrous and in poor taste.

I did not once say he was unloyal. He has been there for a few years yeah, but when they were expected to do well this season, and they are struggling at the bottom of the ladder and their coach leaves, got hammered by 50 on the weekend, he leaves. I just cant picture Jones at another club, he should be a Warrior from the start of his career and finish as a Warrior. Not a Wigan Warrior.

You said "Stacey Jones wants out when the team is going bad.. Typical".

What exactly are you trying to infer?

1995-2000 weren't exactly Kodak moment years; boardroom crises, leaked private meetings, changes of coaches, poor performance after poor performance, complete and utter mismanagement. Stacey Jones survived that all. If he was going to be "typical" and leave when a team was going bad, he'd have gone when Kearney, Pongia etc went. But he stayed.

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
Yeah well sorry, ok, i didnt exactly mean it when i said "typical" i was just very shocked and well, pissed off that he left the Warriors when he has been their main player over his years there and i dont know how the Warriors fans will feel about this. Pretty pissed off i would think.

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
They were right about Anderson leaving. They were right about the Origin dramas. Who knows? But i got a feeling its true.

Iafeta

Referee
pepstar87 said:
Yeah well sorry, ok, i didnt exactly mean it when i said "typical" i was just very shocked and well, pissed off that he left the Warriors when he has been their main player over his years there and i dont know how the Warriors fans will feel about this. Pretty pissed off i would think.

No dramas. We'd be disappointed if he went, but realise his form this year is poor.

I want him to stay primarily because he's typified the Warriors through his loyalty the tough times, and because of how nice a bloke he is.

All the best.

Auckland4ever

Juniors
I want him to stay, but he's earned enough of my respect by sticking with the club through so many tough times that if he wants to go, I'd still support him.

ali

Bench
He wont go to Wigan. Adrian lam has come out in the press begging Wigan not to sign Jones, as he believes his understudy Luke Robinson will be ready next year. If Jones goes to Wigan and Robinson has to go elsewhere it would be a tragedy for British Rugby League.

Jones on current form should be playing for Widnes or Wakefield, not Wigan.

Latest posts