What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

June 4th 2010, Parramatta Stadium

StormChaser

First Grade
Ohhh ouch! You're the reigning idiot, with a bronzed statue in the internet moron hall of tard. Well done.

meltiger

First Grade
Ohhh ouch! You're the reigning idiot, with a bronzed statue in the internet moron hall of tard. Well done.

He could be king of the tards, universe wide.

He'll enjoy watching his team play for points over the coming months though ... ;-)

settle petal you are biting back pretty hard for a fairly minor comment i know the treatment of storm fans in here has been a bit harsh and unfair at times but you have to admit the other fans have a right to be very very angry about what these lowlife scum involved in the cheating have done

if the coach and players are not proved to be involved they shouldnt be copping abuse for it but seeing we dont have waldron in a dunk tank full of urine
(the storm should do that at every game :D) some people will blindly lash out at any target in a purple jersey undeserved i know but human nature being what it is it will happen again

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
btw I assume to swam to the Eels game? By all accounts from the backtracking Sydney media the low crowd was explained by floods not seen since biblical times, with 10 metre waves crashing against the walls of parramatta stadium!

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-national/flash-flooding-tornado-hit-sydney-20100604-xkif.html

Sydney copped a mini twister and torrential rain on Friday from a low pressure system off the NSW coast, with forecasters warning of more bad weather at the weekend over a wider area.

The Twister was reported by residents of Bronte and Maroubra in Sydney's eastern suburbs on Friday morning - just 24 hours after a tornado devastated Lennox Head on the state's north coast.

"I watched it off the beach...it roared up here like a heavy wind storm," Jack Munro told News Limited.

The twister tore the roof off a garage in Macpherson Street, Bronte, about 11.25am, police said.

Two people - a woman and a child were home at the time, but neither was injured.

Most of the damage at Maroubra occurred about 1km inland, suggesting high winds may have been the likely cause of the damage, said the Bureau of Meteorology (BoM).

It issued a severe weather warning for eastern Sydney, including the CBD, shortly before 2pm (AEST), with advice not to drive, bicycle or walk through floodwaters.

"We are getting some fairly heavy rainfall and the totals are mounting up," said meteorologist Andrew Haigh, from the BoM.

"One of our storm spotters called in and said they were getting some pretty heavy rain ... that was causing localised flooding."

In the eight hours to 5pm (AEST) on Friday, Sydney recorded 63mm, with heavier falls in the city's northwest around Hornsby.

There was street flooding in a number of suburbs, including inner western Erskineville, where stormwater drains struggled to cope with the deluge.
The State Emergency Service (SES) responding to around 120 calls for assistance.

"We expect to get more as people come home from work and see that their homes haven't held up as well as they would have expected," SES spokesman Steve Delaney told AAP.

"We're looking mostly at water inundation, overflowing eves, some fallen trees and roof damage.

"The major part of the weather that has caused that damage has gone through Sydney.

"There will still be a bit of rain about, it's a big low-pressure system sitting off the coast and people should be aware of what's happening."

The BoM maintain a severe weather warning for flash flooding and damaging winds for parts of the mid-north coast, eastern parts of the Hunter region and Sydney metropolitan districts.

The Lennox Head tornado, destroying homes, toppled scores of trees and powerlines, injured six people and left another 25 homeless.

The majority of Parramatta fans come from Sydney's northwest.

big_matt

Juniors

What's your point? The weather was pretty bad. We all agree with that. Looks like there was heavy rain up till 5pm that day, and floods nearer the centre of Sydney than Parramatta.

Reading this thread though you'd be forgiven for thinking that the only way to get to the stadium would be with some kind of lifeboat, scooping up pedestrians thrashing around in the rapids on the way there.

League is a winter sport and in the winter there is on occasion heavy rain. I've come back from plenty soccer games in the UK absolutely soaked to the bone. I understand not everyone would enjoy that but the amount and detail of the weather excuses on these boards is incredible.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
My point is, who wants to sit in the pissing rain to watch a footy game they can see at home on TV? I question the judgement of anybody who does, to be honest.

The people who went were fortunate that it stopped raining and didn't start again during the game. A football match isn't worth risking your health over - I went down with hypothermia on a field exercise once and I'll never be that stupid again.

MsStorm

Bench
5 days later and you are all still talking about the rain and the game:lol:

Sounds like some of you guys need a bye for this round to recover:lol:

Glenn

First Grade
5 days later and you are all still talking about the rain and the game:lol:

Sounds like some of you guys need a bye for this round to recover:lol:

That will just extend the talk for another week ;-)

Latest posts