What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kaysa or King

Hooker ootion

• Kaysa

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • King

Votes: 27 67.5%
  • Both with one on bench

Votes: 9 22.5%

• Total voters

phantom eel

First Grade
So 64.5% are saying we go with King and no KPricthard in the 17.

King may have been said to have "benefited" from the winning form of the team in teh last three months and/or Norman and Moses playing together. But another factor in King's favour is simply that he has been part of that - has developed his combos with Norman and Moses, and been part of the winning momentum distributing to the forward pack.

Kaysa hasn't, and to introduce him after a loyoff and with no combination or winning momentum risks spoiling what has been going so well, for arguable (if any imo) benefit.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It could be argued that Kings lower minutes in his first three games was to get him used to first grade footy again and to gauge his capacity to play 80 minutes. The last 5 games he has. The fact Hoffman is available and able to play fullback and BA preferring a stop gap solution in Smith, rather than play him as a utility on the bench, may indicate he is preferring an 80 minute hooker and he thinks King is up to it.
Arhtur's had both players available early in the year and went with Kritchard. He knows the relative fitness of the two players - he knows how they will perform in first grade by watching them on the training paddock for hours every week.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I reckon Pritchard will get the starting position next year again.

But for this year I would start with king for the first 50-55 mins, then bring on Kaysa for the last 25 or so.

Pritchard brings a lot of energy to the side however at the start we probably don't need it as all the boys are fresh ready to go.

But for the last 25 mins or so in finals when fatigue starts to set in, bringing Pritchard on could make a massive difference!! He would bring a lot of energy to side as well as putting a fresh body on to lead our line speed!!

TheRam

Coach
Lichaa would be an upgrade on both,

You maybe right there Hindy. After he came out in the press the other day and unequivocally stated that Hasler's game plan has shackled his running game, he has really let loose. Obviously he couldn't give a toss what Hasler wants at this point, so we might be getting a sneak peak at what this guys really has to offer.

I'm still not all that sold on his passing game at this point, but his engagement of the ruck defense and then pass has improved 100%, not to mention his running game. If he maintains this new approach and improved on it, well with his bona fide credentials in defense, full 80 mins ability and ijury free durability, then this guy at the right price could be what we need.

No more need to carry anyone else on the bench for "just in case" scenarios. And this guy can really plug a whole. If we could get him for around 300-400k, I think he could be a bargain.

If I'm honest I'm a bit disappointed that BA hasn't taken a failing halfback and turned him into the best hooker the game has ever seen. He's had a few years now...

Gazzamatta

Coach
If the rumours were correct Lichaa was about to join Parra mid season until he over priced himself and BA told him to f**k off after Peats had done likewise.
The result being BAs only option was to give CK a run. CK has since surprised everyone and even earned himself a new contract.
There is no way BA would offer a deal to ML if the rumours were correct. He has now got better for less.
2018 will be CK and KP with Tonise and Mahoney as options.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I can't see BA going into 2018 with only Pritchard and King (who hasn't re-signed yet) considering both have a poor history with injury.

Considering their history I doubt BA would be going into 2018 with 2 under 20's rookies who haven't even played NSW cup as his 3rd back up.

Gazzamatta

Coach
I can't see BA going into 2018 with only Pritchard and King (who hasn't re-signed yet) considering both have a poor history with injury.

Considering their history I doubt BA would be going into 2018 with 2 under 20's rookies who haven't even played NSW cup as his 3rd back up.
IMO having King and Prichard with Smith as a back up is sufficient coverage. Its a fine balance to ensure pathways are available for talent coming through or risk loosing them. Our team has survived the hooker injury crisis this year well enough.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Can never be sure. He may well develop into a Ron Hilditch type but as it stands he is the preferred starter to Mahoney every week. Hes definitely a different shape to most 9s.

But Mahoney plays approx 60 minutes at hooker with Denzal then playing lock. So whilst Denzal is our starting hooker I'd say that Mahoney is our #1 dummy half currently in the 20's.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Id be going after Lichaa

Would be a good signing. Since he's been allowed to play how he wants he's been solid. If he wants to come here on lower end of the top 30 then he'd be worth it.

But then the question is, is there enough room in the top 30 to have 3 players who exclusively play dummy half?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Can never be sure. He may well develop into a Ron Hilditch type but as it stands he is the preferred starter to Mahoney every week. Hes definitely a different shape to most 9s.
I don't think starting means he's any better. Much like Mannah he is just the captain. Mahoney plays the most minutes at dummy half, making him the preferred hooker.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Would be a good signing. Since he's been allowed to play how he wants he's been solid. If he wants to come here on lower end of the top 30 then he'd be worth it.

But then the question is, is there enough room in the top 30 to have 3 players who exclusively play dummy half?

I reckon there is enough room for 3, BA went into this year with 3 (Pritchard / IDG / king), last year he had 4 ( we had Peats).