What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kieran Foran Officially Signs With Warriors 1 Year

"My thread" "hijacked"

Haha. Classic. If you're too thin skinned to handle robust debate and views from people that don't share your naive optimism, stick to the Warriors forum. Or the my little pony fan club

You way too easy keep biting and wasting your poor efforts on trying to be funny. I just wanted to share the good news. You found it in your merkin soul to be an idiot about it all. I look forward to your next 5 year old reply back :p

Leber

Bench
Im excited by the foran signing, but cautious. If he has done/does alot of ground work getting his head right over the offseason and hits the ground running, he will be great. Im concerned that hes using his "one year" contract as a rehabilitation stint and will go back to sydney.

Would rather spend money on real wingers but still hope he does an awesome job.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Cowboys fan with a bitter heart? That is sad. Cowboys fans should be setting an example for the whole RL fan base as they have finally won the whole thing (The best GF in the modern era) and should encourage the Warriors to do well rather than wishing ill feeling by insulting them or writing them off prematurely. Rugby League needs the Warriors to do well if they are serious about making this oval ball sport one of the best worldwide not just Australasia and England. Warriors are one of the best supported franchise within the NRL around the world. If the Warriors do well, the sport will reap awards and attention it so thoroughly deserves.
No bitterness there, would love to see them succeed. Just a well documented fact that being consistent has never been part of their vocabulary and no other team can go full genius on the turn of a dime against a bottom 4 side quite like the Warriors.

http://www.warriors.kiwi/news/2016/09/24/jim_doyle_talks_fora.html

Doyle's touch always get the job done. He is by far the most in tuned CEO of all the NRL clubs. All 16 Clubs voted for Doyle to be NRL CEO why? Because he commands respect with honesty and class. Foran will get registered and once he does I wish him well to get back into the player we all know he can be.

Watching this video you can see how much Doyle wants the Warriors to turn their shit around

No bitterness there, would love to see them succeed. Just a well documented fact that being consistent has never been part of their vocabulary and no other team can go full genius on the turn of a dime against a bottom 4 side quite like the Warriors.

Yup that's the Warriors rollercoaster we die hard fans live each season. Yes we know we have underachieved for so long and management are trying their hardest to get us right, remember it was not so long ago the Cowboys had this tag also. I was quite chuffed when the Cowboys won last year I just want us to reach those heights too

One Warrior

Bench
Bumpity bump.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...l/news-story/a4170d06581a30f94e82d2885d7dfda0

So pushing out a promising player for Foran who has massive question marks on ever actually returning to the field.

Everyone still excited and happy for the Warriors, and for the rest of the NRL in general?
Lolohea is not being pushed out by the Warriors, Jim Doyle has said Warriors will not release him and he is signed
until end of 2018 and this was stated after the signing of Foran. Note in this article everything is coming from Lolohea's manager, nothing from Tui himself, not saying there won't be a clash between Lolohea and Jim Doyle, but the Warriors will not release him, they see a role for him and Jim Doyle doesn't release players that the Warriors want to keep.

myrrh ken

First Grade
Don't know mate. You'll have to force a few out to fit in Foran. I'm sure Doyle is giving him all the assurances under the sun in case they don't snag Foran.

If Kearney doesn't need him riding the pine, and Tui's a bit disgruntled and can get a halves gig elsewhere, its a pretty easy decision.

POPEYE

Coach
Yup that's the Warriors rollercoaster we die hard fans live each season. Yes we know we have underachieved for so long and management are trying their hardest to get us right, remember it was not so long ago the Cowboys had this tag also. I was quite chuffed when the Cowboys won last year I just want us to reach those heights too
All the Warriors need is what they had in '11 and what they were denied of by the Roosters in subsequent years, it will be a stretch of the imagination hoping Foran will be another Maloney

Iafeta

Referee
Lolohea is a very good broken field runner. His passing is passable. He had a bad end to a season that up until about round 14 or so had been good. Not convinced he can organise and he has little to no kicking game. Not convinced just yet his style passes the grade as in moving as a half from NYC and getting similar results in the NRL.

I think he's a centre myself. But this is the problem. If I was him, I don't think I'd want to stick around either. He's had a bunch of promises which then just fall over. He needs to be kept to one position and not be moved around to cover injuries. Sadly for Tui, I think young Ata Hingano has the jump on him even if Foran isn't registered.

You'll have to force a few out to fit in Foran. I'm sure Doyle is giving him all the assurances under the sun in case they don't snag Foran

1. We can fit him in the club no need to force anyone out. Hurrell, Leuluai, RFM, Lane, Henry and Robson all released that will cover Foran easily.

2. Lolohea has potential to become a good player but his attitude and over confidence makes me think otherwise. I get he is disgruntled about his situation, however if he keeps his head down and just play his game instead of throwing weight around he be commanding a spot week in week out. We gave him his shot a fullback for many games but he didn't command it then got outplayed by a better player Fusitua. He didn't do anything with his time in the No.6. Ironically he played his best footy on the wing having a good partnership with Ayshford. I don't get why some think he's a centre. His reads in defense can be very questionable at times. Definitely not a No.6 maybe in Under 20s but 1st grade quality he is not.

3. His agent is an idiot for saying he definitely won't be in the Warriors if Foran gets the green light. The Merkin needs to remember his client has signed with us until 2018. The only way Doyle will let Lolohea go is if we have a fair player swap or he has to wait for another opportunity to pounce. If we have injuries or a player drops in form he will get his chance. The kid is young and has been told many times he is in our future plans. Patience is key.

He's had a bunch of promises which then just fall over. He needs to be kept to one position and not be moved around to cover injuries. Sadly for Tui, I think young Ata Hingano has the jump on him even if Foran isn't registered.

The only promise that I'm aware of is Cappy saying he will get first Crack at No.6 next year. That is all nullified once Kearney got the gig. Though in saying that I do understand his frustration with the position changes through his career. If he was good enough in one of those spots though he would be still there. David Fusitua handled the shuffling with a lot more class and control he also like Ata has jumped ahead of him in the pecking order in regards of No.6. If he thinks he still good then he needs to put his head down and prove to not only the team but himself that he is that man.

Last edited:

Latest posts