What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kiwi Train On Squad

Sanchez

Coach
Iafeta said:
I'd go Tupou. I find him more reliable personally. Particularly under the high ball, Utai will be badly exposed against the likes of Matt King out wide under cross field bombs.
totally agree. the aussie three quarter line is likely to be very tall and we need to match up

EJS

Juniors
sanchez moreno said:
totally agree. the aussie three quarter line is likely to be very tall and we need to match up

Agree

wasn't Utai marched for a bad attitude in the D Anderson days - walking off the field ?

Skinner

Coach
EJS said:
Agree

wasn't Utai marched for a bad attitude in the D Anderson days - walking off the field ?

Yes he was - I thought he was stamped "Never To Be Selected Again".

ozbash

Referee
is tupou hurt ?

utai and ando had a 'personality clash' i believe.

i think utais had a couple with folkes this season as well and spent a bit of time in reserve grade.

awesome player despite that.

da mad maori

Juniors
I hope the actual team is picked on consistant form, and not "on-n-off'' form.
While Manu is a fearsome attacker, questions still hang over other areas of his game. He's not that quick on turning around and chasing. Similar to a 'once was' A/B great.
The same for Nigel. He hasnt had the best of seasons, and all I hope is that Bluey picks players who deserve to be there NOW, not on past performances.

Scott

Bench
da mad maori said:
I hope the actual team is picked on consistant form, and not "on-n-off'' form.
While Manu is a fearsome attacker, questions still hang over other areas of his game. He's not that quick on turning around and chasing. Similar to a 'once was' A/B great.
The same for Nigel. He hasnt had the best of seasons, and all I hope is that Bluey picks players who deserve to be there NOW, not on past performances.

He'll pick his favourites.

Vagana, Toopi, Manu - they will allbe there.

Not the way I would go about it, but McClennan will mainly stick with those that did the job last year.

NZ Warrior

First Grade
If he picks Tommy Lulu & J Bro, I'm gonna burn my NZ passport and swear allegiance to the Mother country and ask God to save the Queen.

NZ can go f**k themselves if they deal me up a team consisting of those 2 f**kers.

NZ Warrior

First Grade
I concur, Super Jerk. That team would be a good enough reason to tell the firing squad where all the selectors live.

ozbash

Referee
I hope is that Bluey picks players who deserve to be there NOW, not on past performances.
:clap: :clap: well said your madness, players like warriors star 5/8 ropati.

oh how short the memories of a few of our members are.. not 12 months and we are already forgeting the impact manu played in the 24-blot thrashing of the enemy :roll:

If he picks Tommy Lulu & J Bro, I'm gonna burn my NZ passport sure :^o

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
lol at people comparing Toopi to Vatuvei

Vatuvei is a terrific young talent who should be picked on merit

Toopi is an embarrassment and I honestly don't think Bluey is stupid enough to pick him

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Skinner said:
Yes he was - I thought he was stamped "Never To Be Selected Again".

As mentioned, you're about 18 months behind the play. Utai did his walk-off in the 2003 Anzac test, wasn't picked for 2 years, and returned for the 2005 Anzac test.

Honestly, Utai>Tupou by far. Utai is an outstanding player, Tupou is a fringe first-grader with terrible hands, as bad as Vatuvei (Tupou more reliable, wtf!?). I'd hate to think we're now picking our Kiwi wingers based on height.:?

kiwi_man

Juniors
Thierry Henry said:
As mentioned, you're about 18 months behind the play. Utai did his walk-off in the 2003 Anzac test, wasn't picked for 2 years, and returned for the 2005 Anzac test.

Honestly, Utai>Tupou by far. Utai is an outstanding player, Tupou is a fringe first-grader with terrible hands, as bad as Vatuvei (Tupou more reliable, wtf!?). I'd hate to think we're now picking our Kiwi wingers based on height.:?

tupou a fringe first grader?? i dont think so mate, he played in the anzac test this yr, he is also brisbanes highest try scorer even though he missed a good 10 games... the only reason he is not in there first team at the moment is due to other players playing well such as darius boyd, justin hodges and karmichael hunt.
Tupou is far more reliable than vatuvei, he was also one of our best when we got flogged in the anzac test this yr.
height has nothing to do with it, if utai was good under the high ball it wouldnt matter if he was 5 ft or 6ft tall... even matt sing made utai look like a joke under the high ball, id hate to think what inglis, grothe and gasnier would do

NZ Warrior

First Grade
ozbash said:
If he picks Tommy Lulu & J Bro, I'm gonna burn my NZ passport sure :^o

I'll do it, Ozbash. I'll jump, I mean, burn my NZ Passport. I always have my British passport, because I'm better than everyone else, and the Queen likes me.

You keep on supporting hack imposters like Lulu & J Bro, Ozbash. Like a hibernating bear in a weakened cave, you might wake up one of these days. Or you might get buried alive in an avalanche of disappointment.

Ya stoopid bear!!!

Skinner

Coach
Thierry Henry said:
As mentioned, you're about 18 months behind the play. Utai did his walk-off in the 2003 Anzac test, wasn't picked for 2 years, and returned for the 2005 Anzac test

I am more than aware of the fact that he was selected for the 2005
Anzac test. My original statement remains :roll: