What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

KOE (ex Canterbury Cup) and Jersey Flegg

- some big hard boys in this warriors KOE side, hopefully we can tire those bodies out.

- was a really shit late tackle penalty we gave away though that let to their first try.. think the pass might have been forward though it went in front of the defender.. anyway.. 0-6 the score.

- and another penalty leading to a 2nd try, but we held it up.. ref couldnt see from his angle.. ffs.. 0-12.

- rly hate having no bunker or captains challenge.. another bad one against us =(

- Shitty 3rd try from the warriors, Fifita like a slug to move on the line.. dummy half goes thru in slow motion.. 0-18.

- got a penalty and went on with a massive cutout from Marschke to SFinau who beat 3-4 defenders for an excellent try on the right side of the field. 4-18.

- think thats 2 high tackles from Fifita in his short stint and the try let in on the line.

- finding it hard to hate these warriors kids who keep helping our players up and checking they r ok.. far too respectful.

- Sfinau made an error and rly dropped his head.. tripped over in defense soon after sort of sooking.. which created a 2on1 overlap but Marshke swarmed to take the attacker over the sideline.. Sfinau was then offside during out attacking raid.. gotta get his head back in the game... long way back from 4-18 down at halftime.. we would need to dominate this half.
Marschke kicked off out on the full plus gave away 2 x 7 tackle sets.

Fifita very poor in defence. Plus 2x dumb penalties.
If we hold the ball, and stop giving pens we'll win.

TheRev

First Grade
Few missed opportunities to convert pressure and hit the lead.. 3 tries all but the conversions..

o Tamale seems off today, he looks good with his red foo shuffling footwork, but it rarely seems to even get his nose thru the line.. if anything defenders seem to just ignore it now and hit him..

o Marshke has taken over as primary playmaker.. has a bit boot but been rocks and diamonds with his execution.. he has a big boot but some of his short stuff, short dropoff etc ewwww... like shank city... ok and now on report.

o Toby Couchman has been a standout, I havent actually noticed AlecT, has been off for ages.

o Egan has been really solid in defence and workrate.. its just that lack of pace in attack I think..

Finally a conversion for Marschke.. 20-20 5mins to go..

Last edited:
Few missed opportunities to convert pressure and hit the lead.. 3 tries all but the conversions..

o Tamale seems off today, he looks good with his red foo shuffling footwork, but it rarely seems to even get his nose thru the line.. if anything defenders seem to just ignore it now and hit him..

o Marshke has taken over as primary playmaker.. has a bit boot but been rocks and diamonds with his execution.. he has a big boot but some of his short stuff, short dropoff etc ewwww... like shank city... ok and now on report.

o Toby Couchman has been a standout, I havent actually noticed AlecT, has been off for ages.

o Egan has been really solid in defence and workrate.. its just that lack of pace in attack I think..

Finally a conversion for Marschke.. 20-20 5mins to go..
Ryan Couchman very good as well.

TheRev

First Grade
marshkes goalkick hit the post also, followed by losing the short drop out followed by letting a try in despite superior numbers followed by letting him score it close to the posts.. just the worst way to close out 2mins of football when ur in front.

Dragonsteve2

Juniors
- some big hard boys in this warriors KOE side, hopefully we can tire those bodies out.

- was a really shit late tackle penalty we gave away though that let to their first try.. think the pass might have been forward though it went in front of the defender.. anyway.. 0-6 the score.

- and another penalty leading to a 2nd try, but we held it up.. ref couldnt see from his angle.. ffs.. 0-12.

- rly hate having no bunker or captains challenge.. another bad one against us =(

- Shitty 3rd try from the warriors, Fifita like a slug to move on the line.. dummy half goes thru in slow motion.. 0-18.

- got a penalty and went on with a massive cutout from Marschke to SFinau who beat 3-4 defenders for an excellent try on the right side of the field. 4-18.

- think thats 2 high tackles from Fifita in his short stint and the try let in on the line.

- finding it hard to hate these warriors kids who keep helping our players up and checking they r ok.. far too respectful.

- Sfinau made an error and rly dropped his head.. tripped over in defense soon after sort of sooking.. which created a 2on1 overlap but Marshke swarmed to take the attacker over the sideline.. Sfinau was then offside during out attacking raid.. gotta get his head back in the game... long way back from 4-18 down at halftime.. we would need to dominate this half.
Rev, really must compliment you on the above post and several others. Really impressive observations. I will try to add a few perspectives without overlapping too much with you.

For me getting to watch the 2 lower grades without paying a cent is just brilliant despite the 2 losses. As a pensioner I have paid just $5 to watch 4 games over the past 2 weekends. Great too the access to players. Had quite a chat to Mat Feagai both before and after the game. Said he was enjoying playing FB tho he hasn't played there since he was 17.

Sometimes League supporters give players a hard time for being friendly with the opposition after the game. Well for anyone interested these Dragons shook hands with their opponents as decent young sportsmen should then returned to their own group absolutely shattered by their loss. They were really hurt by how they let it slip.

Rev, gotta agree with you about Sione. He gave a classic demonstration of dropping his head after his unfortunate loss of possession. I also agree with your comment on the Kiwis. I spoke to a couple of them as they were boarding their bus. Very pleased with their win but very friendly and very humble.

I was amazed at the shape of the Couchmans. The most massive of thighs that I can't recall from last year. Have always preferred Tuitavake to Fifita. No reason to change my view after yesterday tho Tui's minutes were very brief. Just worried me that he may be another Lui Tosso. Great effort but just can't play enough minutes. I rather like Michael Molo but was disappointed with his lack of inspiration today.

Marschke - hot and cold. A massive torpedo bomb which curled away from the winger underneath causing him to knock on. Two kicks which looked far too deep which bounced backward from the dead ball line for two tries to the Dragons. Marschke's final conversion from near the sideline hitting the post and boucing away was really hard luck. So too was the touchies'call on a Warriors' conversion which I am 90% sure did not go between the posts. A vital call in a game won and lost by 2 points. The kick in question was above the height of the uprights. It was dead in line with an imaginary extended left hand post. The ball just faded to the left of that line at the last minute. Tough call for the touchies but the ref was in a much better position to make a call. If he has the authority to overrule the touchies he really should have done so.

The first time I have met Connor M - as nice a young kid as the Feagais and just as gutted at the end of the game. I have read a reference above to Nick T. 2nd game back in Flegg. Looking good in attack and defence but on limited minutes because of his late start to the season due to a back injury followed by a broken finger which added 6 weeks to his time out.

Dragonsteve2

Juniors
Tonights win is going to make tomorrows games (and anzac day) much easier on the heart..

Saturday's Schedule:
o 11.15 - Jersey Flegg v Warriors (No Coverage - Collegians)
o 12.30 - SG Ball Prelim 1: Roosters v Dogs (NSWRLTV - Henson Park)
o 13.00 - NSW Cup v Warriors (NSWRLTV - Collegians)
o 18.30 - SG Ball Prelim 2: Dragons v Newcastle (NSWRLTV - Leichhardt)

Family is going to be stoked that I am in front of the TV for most of the day.. feeling pretty confident about all 3 grades.. but the one that really matters is the SG Ball Final, winner into the grand final.. I might even watch some of the Roosters v Dogs game to see who we (hopefully) will play... the unbeaten Roosters seem a tall order, but the dogs are running hot, so will be interesting to see.
Hey Rev, as soon as you get word of time and place for the Final could you post here in KOE Cup Or SG Ball thread? Thanks mate!

TheRev

First Grade
Hey Rev, as soon as you get word of time and place for the Final could you post here in KOE Cup Or SG Ball thread? Thanks mate!
Will do mate, im sure they will publish something with all the grandfinals included, hasnt been till late in the week lately though.

Agree with all your thoughts on the game also, so many things that could go wrong did go wrong to lose that one.. but it is what it is, atleast we have a g/final (x2) next week =)

TheRev

First Grade
For me, im sorry but id get rid of fifita. He is simply not up too it, hes had his chances.
I'm close to that view myself.. pretty sure another club would pick him up.. he stays in cup imo off the bench for a few months.. but then we need to see if Tonga and Latu will join him as cup props.. or just JF.

AlecT is a bit unlucky in all this, I think his fate was sealed before the season even began, but there is still many months of footy ahead for these guys to demand selection.

Latest posts