What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Langmack gone (Officially)

Hurriflatch

Referee
Souths sack Langmack
June 1, 2004

SOUTH Sydney tonight sacked Paul Langmack as coach of the National Rugby League club.

The Rabbitohs installed Premier League coach Arthur Kitinas as caretaker coach for the remainder of the 2004 season after relieving Langmack of all his duties at the embattled club.

Langmack was contracted until the end of the 2005 season, but has lost the faith of the Souths board after coaching the Rabbitohs to just two wins and a draw so far this year.

Souths collected the wooden spoon in Langmack's first season in charge last year.

Langmack's sacking came after a lengthy meeting at Rabbitohs headquarters in Redfern tonight.

AAP

thomo

Juniors
Paul Langmack Relieved of Head Coaching Duties
By South Sydney DRLFC

South Sydney District Rugby League Football Club Limited announced today that Head Coach Paul Langmack had been relieved of all his duties at the Club effective immediately.

In making the announcement, Chairman Nicholas Pappas said: “The Board of South Sydney met tonight and resolved that Paul Langmack be excused immediately from all his duties with the Club as Head Coach. Paul’s contract with the Club gives the Club the right to excuse him from providing his services and the Board has resolved that it is in the best interests of the Club, its players and supporters that this occur immediately.”

Mr Pappas thanked Mr Langmack for his contribution to the Club over the last 19 months. “On behalf of the Board of Directors, I thank Paul for the effort he has shown and wish him well in the future.”

Mr Pappas also announced the appointment of current Premier League Coach, Arthur Kitinas, as caretaker Head Coach for the remainder of the 2004 season.

“I know that Arthur Kitinas and the players will rise to the challenge and do their very best for the Club for the remainder of the 2004 season. I call on all South Sydney supporters to show their support for the Club, as they have done so many times in the past, by coming out in strong numbers for the Club’s next home match against the Melbourne Storm on Saturday, 12 June 2004 at Aussie Stadium.”

Mr Pappas concluded by announcing that the Club would shortly be inviting applications from experienced candidates of NRL standard for the Head Coach’s position for the 2005 season and beyond.

ngap

Juniors
Well I hope I don't hear another press conference from Souths, where the caoch says we cannot win because we haven't got the personel

supermario

Juniors
thomo said:
Mr Pappas concluded by announcing that the Club would shortly be inviting applications from experienced candidates of NRL standard for the Head Coach’s position for the 2005 season and beyond.

i reckon i should throw my resume in there, who knows, these ar ethe same people who hired langmack !!!!!! :lol:

Seriously though, cutting langmack is not enough, there are others there that need to go and cut ties all together.

There is a long way to go yet.

Good luck arthur !

ngap

Juniors
Well at least this time Piggins wont make the choice and hopefully Jones doesn't have too much say.

thomo

Juniors
Bring it home Knights said:
Well done souths board. Sign a rookie coach for 3 years. Will you ever learn?
Just to clarify. There are 9 members on the Souths board. 5 of those were on the board with Piggins when Langmack was appointed coach and Tapp appointed CEO. These 5 should shoulder the blame and walk.

Pappas, Martin, Hatzistergos and Greiner are finally starting to wrestle the power from the old guard! :D

supermario

Juniors
thomo said:
Bring it home Knights said:
Well done souths board. Sign a rookie coach for 3 years. Will you ever learn?
Just to clarify. There are 9 members on the Souths board. 5 of those were on the board with Piggins when Langmack was appointed coach and Tapp appointed CEO. These 5 should shoulder the blame and walk.

Pappas, Martin, Hatzistergos and Greiner are finally starting to wrestle the power from the old guard! :D

untill the piggins faction removes themselves fromt he Football club, souths will never be successful !

thomo

Juniors
I Bleed Green said:
I feel sorry for Langmack. No one could make that team win more often with the personnel they have.
I disagree, but regardless Langmack was not going to attract quality players to Souths. An Anderson or a Waite may well do.

Matt23

Staff member
If Anderson is appointed, they'll probably have a new half back for next season :whistle

Big Bunny

Juniors
I got what I wanted with Langmacks sacking, now hopefully he'll be replaced with a tried and true coach and not one who produces good footballers but dud people, like Chris Anderson does. But who knows, maybe Arthur can prove he has the goods before the year is out.

Tap Twist Snap

Juniors
It's all a bit sad. Langmack may have been a good coach if he had enough decent players in the team. Don't really think there is any coaches on the market who will attact better players to the club they will have to put in a good solid year with the players they have and whoever the new coach is. If the get a few good upsets and finish just outside the 8 then some players will come. With all the instability I can't see them picking up good players for next season though. I think they should try and get Phil Aconamidis (sp?) down there. He always did well with the Gold Coast getting the best out of a team that didn't have enough players. However Chris Anderson looks like he will be there... Things couldn't get any worse... or could they?

Noel

Juniors
Players were not properly coached under the Langmack regime. There are dozens of examples in each game where it is obvious players lacked the basic skills. Their kicking game is one area that springs to mind. A penalty kick for touch, for example, that goes about 2 metres forward and numerous 5th tackle grubber kicks that go straight into the advertising behind the dead ball line are examples of where Langmack and Mitch Healy, the kicking coach, have failed. I'm convinced it is possible to coach a player to kick a ball properly. Paul Langmack was given an opportunity and failed. Mitch Healy must also go.