What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Langmack gone (Officially)

Hurriflatch

Referee
El Garbo said:
If Anderson is appointed, they'll probably have a new half back for next season

Who? Kimmorley has another... 3 years on his contract after this year.

Maybe Kimmorley will quit the game and go bush to get a release then come back with Souths :lol: :lol: :lol:

coolumsharkie

Referee
1.Kimmorley will not follow Anderson as he is no longer the Aus Coach

2.He will be a has been after he finishes his contract with the Sharks.

3.Who would go to Souths anyway??

Looking forward to a boring Souths side playing flat football and turning away the last couple of supporters that actually GO to there games:p

Cammo

Bench
I think Souths needs to stop their current "sack everyone who does not provide immediate results" stance. They will not become succesful unless they can get some stability at the club.

I feel sorry for Souths fans as they fought so hard to get their team back into the comp and they keep letting them down with inept performances on the field and in the boardroom.

thickos

First Grade
Langmack may have been a prize goose, but he didnt exactly have much to work with did he. Some of the decisions regarding player signings and management positions from Souths are nothing short of unbelievable.

Oh well, with 5 wins and a draw from his 1.5 seasons, he is half a game ahead of Coleman in the win stakes.... would have made an interesting bet to see who came up with the most victories :lol:

Big Bunny

Juniors
Langmacks sacking came only on the assurance that Anderson won't be coming to the club.

I'm happy with that. I wouldn't want Kimmorley there either, let alone bloody Jarrod! :lol:

Simo

First Grade
Big Bunny,

Do you being apart of Souths, think there was any reason to sack Langmack as of now instead of say at the end of the season? (I mean still say now that he wont be here next year so you can find a new coach but dont actually get rid of him until the end of the year)

Why give the job to someone with less first grade experience than Langmack for the rest of the year and completely disrupt the premier league side aswell??

If you arent going to assign a new coach straight away why not let Langmack hang on to the job for the rest of the year, leave premier league as is when the new coach isnt going to start until next year anyway??

I dont see the point in getting rid of him mid season only to appoint a care taker coach.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I do feel a bit sorry for Langmack he tried his very best to coach the side, just didnt have enough personnel, but you cant blame the coach with all injuries thats been happening with the best players missing.

I know he wasnt much of a coach, but who's gonna do much better anyway. No matter who coaches Souths theyre still gonna be sh*tt, they need to fix up the club.

RenoufPhan

Juniors
Dumb move on the part of the Souths board. If you are going to sack the bloke, at least wait out the season.

It will make the Rabbitohs even less attractive to players available after June 30th.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Like a caretaker coach is going to do any better. :roll:

The circus continues.

Souths wont win another game all season. Just tell me who the f**k would want to coach them?

drake

First Grade
Bloody ridiculous knee jerk reaction to appease people who expect miracles.
Honestly, Souths have a hard job in front of them with no injuries, let alone a decimated roster. The simple fact that they have to offer a lot more for good players to play there means they will have less quality. Sacking Langmack = shuffling deckchairs on the Titanic.

The Whippet

Juniors
I am extremely dissapointed to see Paul Langmack go.

Like come on look at the players they had out, he did his best with what he had available too him. They could have waited till seasons end because they are doing is putting a less experienced and unproven coach in and having to pay more money out to Langmack and they are in no position to be doing that.

Brian Smith deserved to go before Paul Langmack did.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
At least the stand in coach is familiar with the playing roster. At the start of the season it was his team. [:)]

The plan the Souths boardis just to hire and fire these guys one after the other so no-one will focus on the board itself. The pressure will always be on the players and coaches at the club and after a bit of bad luck all they have to do is start grumbling and then they'll have another chance to say, "lets see how we go with this coach for a while." They've already got this current coach scheduled to step aside at the end of the season and no doubt whoever the next coach is he'll be under the same pressure then.

Seven coaches in ten years is not good. There's no stability outside the boardroom. Sack them instead and watch the pressure lift from the players and coaching staff.

EdBurton

Juniors
*sigh*
What can I say.
This is the team I follow and unfortunately I have gotten used to this garbage.

EdBurton

Juniors
Hey Brian Smith could turn us into semi finalists if given a few seasons.
I mean we'll NEVER win anything, but at least we'll be up there!

Latest posts