What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Langmack gone (Officially)

super_coach

First Grade
I dont think any other coach would have done much better with souths given the injuries,lack of depth and lack of quality cattle.On the other hand i dont think langmack has the profile to lure the quality players to the club.
i dont think anderson is the man,he attracks problems,with officals.
If i were souths i would go after cartwright.I think he would have a bit of a pull ,in attracting players-good contacts at the roosters and penrith.
he strikes me as a hard man but a fair man with a very good football brain--he maybe able lure freddie over as his no 2.
Who ever takes over-got to use sheens methods as an example--get rid of the dead wood and start at the bottom and work to the top-have a 5 year plan-get the junior league back on top where it allways was--THE NRL NEED THE BUNNIES FIRING-and maybe if they were a gun side the tigers could beat them--because we sure cant now

Kid

Juniors
Pride of the League my arse :lol: Has anyone been to a Souths game? They rant and rave about being the "pride of the league" , imho they should be fined for false advertising. I was glad to see Souths get back into the NRL, but they have gone from 1 disaster to another. The way the club is run is disgraceful to say the least. I honestly feel sorry for you Bunny supporters, but as far as i'm concerned, if they don't have a marked improvement next year, i don't want them getting another licence.

Big Bunny

Juniors
Simo said:
Big Bunny,

Do you being apart of Souths, think there was any reason to sack Langmack as of now instead of say at the end of the season? (I mean still say now that he wont be here next year so you can find a new coach but dont actually get rid of him until the end of the year)

Why give the job to someone with less first grade experience than Langmack for the rest of the year and completely disrupt the premier league side aswell??

If you arent going to assign a new coach straight away why not let Langmack hang on to the job for the rest of the year, leave premier league as is when the new coach isnt going to start until next year anyway??

I dont see the point in getting rid of him mid season only to appoint a care taker coach.

It's a question that I wondered about myself but in the end I do think letting him go right now was in the best interests of the club. With there being no sign of improvement and Langmack actually going backwards in his coaching (even when considering our massive injury toll) there would continue to be a lot of speculation and unrest at the club. If the matter had dragged on then maybe it might have been better to wait till the end of the year like you said, but it was nipped in the bud and much of the media attention is now going to be turning away from Souths and toward Brian Smith. Kitinas has been given the caretaker role at the club because there is said to be a lot of respect among the players for his coaching ability. He is also doing quite well with the PL side who were initially (if you believe the talk) were hamstrung by Langmack having Kitinas coach them they way he wanted. The players respond to the man, he is not going to be costing the club a stack of money and he knows the players and where they stand in performance already. A caretaker coach from within a club is always a better option when a team goes into a mid year muck storm like Souths have. If there can be some stability provided by the man before the year is out it also bodes well for any future coach to take over in a stronger environment than we currently have. So yeah, there isn't any real right way to have done it, but I'm happy with the option taken.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
He should sue.

If you can take a team that came 4th and within two seasons have them at 12th and sue for wrongful dissmissal, surely Langers has a case.

thomo

Juniors
Mr Angry said:
He should sue.

If you can take a team that came 4th and within two seasons have them at 12th and sue for wrongful dissmissal, surely Langers has a case.
Souths are paying him out - why would he want to sue?

JK

I feel for Langmack and will miss him.

He had passion, he lived his league.

It wasn't that many weeks ago that souths fans packed out parra stadium in the hopes of getting a victory. Injuries and inexperience killed that, not a lack of passion.

Farewell yesterday's hero!

Knightmare

Coach
This sucks- Langmack wasn't the problem- Souths have had a terrible injury toll for starters, and it's not like their form has dropped off majorly since 2002. The only way I can see Souths being successful next year is if they get themselves an old, established coach. Otherwise, it'll be yet another season of mediocrity...