What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Least Favourite Warrior of All Time

VillaTheGorilla

Juniors
Just for shits and giggles. Least Favourite/Most hated Warrior ever!

For me, I just can't go past Logan Swann. Offered little to nothing in both attack and defence, and butched a sure try by refusing to pass in a finals game against the Eels one year, resulting in us being bundled out of finals the next week. Couldn't stand him as a player.

Honorable mentions - Monty Betham. Was very pedestrian in everything he did, and was a poor choice as a captain as he was a hot head. However, awarded bonus points for being a part of one of the greatest Warriors bust ups of all time with the Broncos. Casey McGuire got smashed!

Ken Maumalo - still early days but has the potential to pip Logan Swann for me IF he keeps getting picked. Offers little to no defence, can't finish off a backline move and the only impact he makes from his runs is the assprint he leaves on the field after being knocked on to his backside. I can't remember a previous player being dominated in the tackle more than he does.

Share your thoughts fellas

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Monty was a shocking player, but in all fairness was one of the nicest blokes off the field.

Jerome Ropati. Hands down.

Closely followed by Cooper Vuna (Sh*t human) & Patty Ah Van (Slowest winger in modern rugby league).

Shane Endacott is low hanging fruit on this one.

Meth

Staff member
But out of the blokes that played a fair amount of games, probably Lewis Brown. Dane Nielsen is a fair shout too.

Benek

Juniors
Least favourites for me are the shit players who somehow becomes coach's favourites and won't be dropped despite everyone begging for for it.

Dane Neilsen, Ken Maumalo, Jono Wright come to mind for modern times. I'm sure before that I had some but my memory isn't good enough to recall.

Remember how many weeks we begged for Neilsen to be dropped and the celebrations that ensued when he finally wasn't named?

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I don't have much dislike for the guys who kept getting picked despite being shit, like Ken/Jono Wright/Charlie Gubb/Sione Lousi etc (what, they were all picked by the same guy?!? And he's still here?!?). Not like we can expect them to say 'nah coach, we aren't up to it'.

More for the guys who were given the privilege of playing for the Warriors, a club us fans live and die for, and really couldn't have given a shit less about it. Guys like Kevin Locke, he's my No.1. So much talent and given so much leeway but continued to shit on his opportunities. Sione in his earlier days.

Add in Wayne Scurrah for punting Cleary, allowing Shaun Metcalf anywhere near our club and still existing with the smuggest of smug grins that suggest he was the best thing since Xmas.

And Logan for that f*cking dummy. It is still burned into my brain looking down from the South Stand.

JJ

Immortal
Yep, hard to dislike rubbish players that kept getting picked, not their doing - but boy some shit players have had extended runs.

Hard to go past Locke as a player - but I'm more annoyed with successive CEOs - Ian Robson, Mick Watson, Wayne Scurrah - just diabolical... add Eric f**king Watson to that list - talking a dynasty not long ago, now fragile - he'll talk any shit if he thinks it helps his image

Meth

Staff member
Yep, Locke is a good shout. Him, Brown, Lousi, Gubb- cancerous.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I'm gonna divide this one into two sub awards.

There's the "club cancers" - guys who were good (sometimes great) players but you hated because their attitudes stunk. Kevin Locke wins this one closely followed by Sione Faumuina. Russel Packer, Cooper Vuna, Sam Lousi and Clinton Toopi all get honourable mentions.
Then there are the absolute plodders who you knew would stink it up in every game. Shane Endacott, Cliff Beverley, Paddy Ah Van, Hame Lauaki.
And those guys who may have had some talent but did constantly annoying/boneheaded things on field- Swann, Betham, Louis Anderson.

Latest posts