What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leilua Gets a start!

I mentioned this in another thread but Mary should start the game with youthful energy against the Donkeys and go for both Leilua and Host in the run on side on the edges.
Along with Milne these young fellas could provide that spark for the older blokes to get us over the top of a desperate Broncos side who are under heaps of pressure.

Red V for life

Juniors
Wtf is going on? Last night it was the ridiculous judiciary verdict and today the club is looking to blood our juniors!

Who'd of thought the club's decision would be the one to make any sense?

I just hope this is not a last ditch attempt to entice him to stay, but rather the icing on the cake.

Most of all i hope both him and Host get good game time.

_Johnsy

Referee
this is so unlike McGregor.I think he is really feeling the pressure. I sense Celebration day is not far off
After all the noise from fans he gives a young gun a chance, 2 weeks prior he gives Milne a shot, and this week gives Milne an open licence to attack. Coincidence?

Smells a bit like panic.

Coffs dragon

Bench
this is so unlike McGregor.I think he is really feeling the pressure. I sense Celebration day is not far off
I sense that Jason Demetriou is finally getting a bigger say within the teams structure and coaching team. He seemed very vocal in the coaches box against the Dogs plus Benji mentioned JD in his post match interview.
Prior to this he seems to have been hidden in the background and coaching the Cutters to success.
He's probably being set up as the fall guy by Mary and Doust with the season all but over.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
Doust has probably put the heat on McGregor to save his own skin. It looks like someone realizes that eight wins out of eighteen matches (or a 44% success rate) plus two byes is pathetic and unacceptable when teams like the Sharks and Titans have faced adversity and have come back extremely well. Having the second worse attacking record, a large negative points differential, continually wasting possession and converting at best about 25% of try scoring opportunities shows that the coaches and staff are dismal failures and are getting worse while it is obvious that the Cutters and Under 20's are well in contention for their Grand Finals and have great flair in attack and are attractive to watch even if they lose.

Dragsters

First Grade
Could it be possible that they are taking notice of the supporters

You can be certain that not only the club(s) but the players and the journos would all read this forum to get a sense of the feeling among supporters.

I'm sure some fellow forumites are even members of the aforementioned groups, incognito.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
The Dragons Forum is the most active site I have visited. Tariq Sims is a good friend of Joey Leilua as both were teammates at the Knights. Joey is Luciano's elder brother and Tariq has taken an interest in him since his arrival. This could prove favourable to contract negotiations.

Old Timer

Coach
Wtf is going on? Last night it was the ridiculous judiciary verdict and today the club is looking to blood our juniors!

Who'd of thought the club's decision would be the one to make any sense?

I just hope this is not a last ditch attempt to entice him to stay, but rather the icing on the cake.

Most of all i hope both him and Host get good game time.
Poor Jacob Host last week played solitaire whilst sitting on the bench at but least this week he has a chance play 2 handed euchre.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
Rugby League Week reported on 24/7/16 that the Dragons have made an offer to Josh Kerr to replace Mike Cooper. Kerr is 198cms
and looked great in the Storm's Under 20's.
He plays every position in the forward pack. I hope that this deal comes off and the Mann connection may help.

St Tangles

Bench
Rugby League Week reported on 24/7/16 that the Dragons have made an offer to Josh Kerr to replace Mike Cooper. Kerr is 198cms
He plays every position in the forward pack. I hope that this deal comes off and the Mann connection may help.

Rugby League or one of the others put up a link that he had signed and took it down pretty quickly when I clicked it stated page not available.

Last edited:

Bench
Rugby League or one of the others put up a link that he had signed and took it down pretty quickly when I clicked it stated page not available.
I thought I also saw that but then it was gone thanks tangles I'm not losing my mind after all

FlameThrower

Bench
Hope your'e right Minh,Don't forget they gave B Moz the captaincy only for him to be let go shortly after.
That Ex Dragon, already had his mind made up....never forget that Post Match press conference with him and Coach Mary...that smirk told the story..

Dragon Revival

Juniors
Don't forget that the Dragons let Brett Morris
go a year early because Doust stuffed up the salary cap with Thompson. They should have kept Morris for another year and if so may have beaten the Dogs in the quarter final. They then let a back and forward go this year. The roster management is a joke. Leilua should have been signed by now and the Rein situation should have been sorted out and a half and hooker recruited.
Hopefully Millward will get off his arse and earn his keep with imminent announcements tomorrow.

SaintPauli

Juniors
This may be the catalyst for him staying or going.
IF he gets a start I probably expect an announcement he has re-signed.
I also noticed he was featured on the NYC team list video.
They're really going hard for him to stay....which is encouraging.
Yeah we also gave Brett Morris the captaincy and the rest is history!

Dragsters

First Grade
Don't forget that the Dragons let Brett Morris
go a year early because Doust stuffed up the salary cap with Thompson. They should have kept Morris for another year and if so may have beaten the Dogs in the quarter final. They then let a back and forward go this year. The roster management is a joke. Leilua should have been signed by now and the Rein situation should have been sorted out and a half and hooker recruited.
Hopefully Millward will get off his arse and earn his keep with imminent announcements tomorrow.

Friday press conference you reckon?

Dragonslayer

First Grade
The more I think about it the more I'm convinced Luch got a start simply because we have no-one else.
All our 'depth" players are either suspended, injured or have been stood down. There's no one left in the Cutters that have an NRL contract, so lucky Luch gets his debut.
Tough initiation for the kid, particularly against the super grub in Blair.

I do really hope he has a great debut wether it be 5mins or 50.

Saint-Fez

Juniors

I saw him play for QLD under 20's, he is a massive human and runs hard, looks like an absolute weapon. If we sign him and retain Leilua, suddenly our forward pack looks very imposing...

8. Mose
9. (Farrah/Seggy/anyone but rein)
10. Packer
11. Leilua
12. Friz
13. JDB

14. Simms
15. Host
16. Kerr
17. (4th Forward or bench hooker depending on who we start at 9)