What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leilua to Dogs

Forster Dragon

Juniors
Half cocked well I got this from some one who actually worked at the leagues club.

I'll let them know they are full of shit on your behalf.
Please read the Annual report and balance sheet.This is readily available.Strong asset position,No Debt and good surplus cash Investments.Far from a Club going broke!

Please read the Annual report and balance sheet.This is readily available.Strong asset position,No Debt and good surplus cash Investments.Far from a Club going broke!
Never said going broke.

Never mentioned finances at all more like atmosphere and not catering to the young generation thats what I was told.

Same as the Steelers leagues club which is even worse.

SaintHarry

Juniors
So enlighten us to why the Dragons decided on amerger.

If what you say is true and the Illawarra is a monkey on the back of the club why persist with a merger this long when they didn't need to.

How the f**k was the Illawarra an issue before the merger why because it stopped the Dragons raiding the south coast for its players.

The Dragons barely play at Jubilee, Leagues club is f**ked by one of their own in Robison, Junior base what junior base they struggle in HM and SG Ball every year.

The Steelers had major issues thats why then went into it and well the Dragons could have merged with the Roosters and the Steelers with either Cronulla or Wests.

The NRL don't want to lose a junior area like the South coast to any other sport like AFL, Union or Soccer its as simple as that.

Oh and Gordon he may just help the club out its not like Doust is doing a job to help.

Listen i can stand doust but dont make it like st.george are in debt to the illawarra or we owe the illawarra something because we dont the NRL actually own the license to every club but for those clubs who actually generate money get to have a say in what they can do for the club and we arent one of those clubs even to the point that we dont make our own merchandise... thats a fact we dont steal juniors blokes have been driving up from Wollongong to play for the dragons before steelers existed i dont want to argue with you or anyone on this forum we are all passionate fans but im here to make friends we all dont have the same and i respect and just to tell you we merged because we wanted to stay in the ARL and not superleague either that or get punted like souths and im not to convinced we wanted to stay had there not been a 10million dollar incentive but anyway thats the past and after that the superleague folded like a cheap tent and the NRL was formed to take control of every club the the league so nothing like that would happen again. Mate if you dont think what im saying is true or its not how you feel lets just agree to disagree and be friends.

St Tangles

Bench
Watching the Dogs today they don't need a player like Luciano they have to many players that have similar attributes.
For us he offers a point of difference.
The Dogs like us need a half and a hooker.

SaintHarry

Juniors
Watching the Dogs today they don't need a player like Luciano they have to many players that have similar attributes.

They would prob play him in the halves ever since i can remember bulldogs always had a team full of massive players

emu62

Juniors

They mightn't need a player like Luciano but those grubs would probably sign him just to piss us off

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Nice to see Des losing it at half time and giving a big spray to T-Rex. However, if Luciano is as "sensitive" and shy as he makes out, then (if he even goes to the Dogs) Des will have him whimpering in a corner.
Des is not a "man" manager, relies too much on the "big boys" and has no plan B...................sound familiar?
McGregor is not a man manager, just ask Tony Ayoub, his main game plan is hit up by the big boys (McGregor loves a big body just ask Dugan) and has no plan at all after that.
So the only difference, and why the Dogs make the finals, is that Des has a plan A, McGregor has a crayon and a colouring in book.

monsterkev

Juniors
Dave Warwick has recruited okay to date with Tariq Sims, Josh Kerr and Nene MacDonald to supplement good recruits in Mann, Milne and Packer.
If we can get a performing First Grade Coach things should improve as Demetriou (2nd place) and Head (3rd place) seem to be able to
attract lower grade players seeking opportunities.
would be happy for jd as coach and head as assistant they seem to have the respect of players and both have turned around disfunctional lower grade teams coached by mcgregor,hornby and young

Dragonslayer

First Grade
IN the interview with Head on the flight back, did anyone else notice Hornby in the background? or was it my imagination?

giboz71

First Grade

I said that previously, even when talking about us.

The Dogs game just highlighted that sides with no spine are doomed. Skillful forwards are nice, but without a spine, you'll end up like the Dogs this year (and us for what seems like forever). Guys like Graham and Kasiano cannot be the focal point of an attack. Teams like the Panthers with players of their skills will eat you alive.

I'd love to keep Luciano, but like the Dogs, we have other priorities.

Dragon66

Juniors
Mary's had his chance, and failed. The team has gone backwards under his watch.

Failing Ivan Cleary, I would be giving JD the reins. He has proven year after year that he can get sides to the finals, and his work with the Cutters has been exceptional.

I think he must have the support of the players to have gotten them to perform so well, even with so many changes to his side due to injury and other factors over the course of the season.

We could do a lot worse than giving JD a shot.

If Leilua leaves because of the current coaching setup who could blame him.

Uplifting

Juniors
Mary's had his chance, and failed. The team has gone backwards under his watch.

Failing Ivan Cleary, I would be giving JD the reins. He has proven year after year that he can get sides to the finals, and his work with the Cutters has been exceptional.

I think he must have the support of the players to have gotten them to perform so well, even with so many changes to his side due to injury and other factors over the course of the season.

We could do a lot worse than giving JD a shot.

If Leilua leaves because of the current coaching setup who could blame him.
I get the feeling that Leilua thinks he deserved a shot earlier in the year, and before other clubs started taking notice of his ability. Don't know what it will take for him (or his parents) to decide to stay at the Dragons. That being said I also have a feeling that he will end up staying somehow...

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Surely we would not appoint and inexperienced NRL coach again.

The point is if Cleary knocks us back, then we are stuck with McGregor............is that something any of us could handle? Brian Smith won't come back, Toovey is an unknown rookie outside of the Manly system (I notice his name has not even been mentioned in any circles as a possible coach at any club), Garth Brennan is a rookie also. If Kearney becomes the next Warriors coach, would you recommend Cappy?
JD has at least been doing his apprenticeship outside the Dragons system both in the UK and in OZ and has achieved results in various competitions and at different levels.
All coaches are rookies at some stage even Bennett and Bellamy. It's just these coaches have done apprenticeship time and come with positive ideas, man management and structural formations. I think just by observing the Cutters and how they play and what they say about JD, he wouldn't be far off being an excellent long term coach. I'd give him a 2 yr deal with an option in our favour of more.
If Cleary does sign then problem solved.