What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leilua to Dogs

Dragon Revival

Juniors
If Cleary is not available and even if he is Demetriou and Head would be a combination worthy of consideration. The
Pathways are there and they seem to look under every stone to find answers unlike Mary who is like an ostrich with his head in the sand and will not give younger players a go and drop the non-performers. Now that Monster Kev is back the tide is turning. We missed his input and subtle assertiveness.

nortyboi3

Juniors
UPDATE

LEILUA’S NEXT MOVE

561f340ba4550d7b4210cee7410fa596

Luciano Leilua of the Dragons is tackled.Source: Getty Images
It’s a two club race with St George Illawarra and Cronulla head-to-head for the prized signature of exciting backrower Luciano Leilua.

The 20-year-old has also been linked with the Bulldogs although we understand they are no longer in the mix.

But where will he land in 2017?

Leilua said the most important factor in making his decision will be his family.

“Family, that’s probably the most important thing,” Leilua told Private Ryan.

“I’m putting that (contract talk) aside and focusing on myself. It’s going all right. It’s ongoing.”

Leilua finished the season with five NRL games to his name after making his first grade debut against Brisbane in round 22.

27c252aded244b2d7719d3c0b7d85db6

Dragons backrower Luciano Leilua offloads the ball.Source: News Corp Australia
It was quite the achievement with the younger brother of Canberra sensation Joey Leilua also featuring in every Holden Cup game he was named to play this year.

“I’m just proud of my efforts to play in every game. That was my main focus in the pre-season, to get through 26 rounds without injuries,” he said.

“The last two seasons I’ve had injuries which let me down but this season has been good for me.

“I’m injury free so it’s paid off. I’ve battled with cartilage damage, PCL and MCL. All in the left leg.

“I had a big break with the injuries last year leading into the pre-season which had me focused leading into this year.”

FlameThrower

Bench
If that's the case he will go to Sharks, nothing to see around us.
This is starting to become a bit of a circus....he has played a handful of FG games, Dogs said not interested, we tabled an offer and now all of a sudden it's the Sharks interested...
Watch the Roosters ....not first time they've magically appeared at the 11th hour...

Lethal25

Juniors
If he goes it won't be overly fussed.

Host imo is a better prospect in terms of an all round game wtih Leuila at times very lazy.
Is Host a better ball player?

Does Host have better footwork?

Can you elaborate on the components of Hosts all round game that are superior to Leilua. Host looks fitter than Leilua I'll give you that and this helps him defensively, but he's not got half of the skill that Leilua has IMO. Happy to hear your reasoning

Leilua only gets involved when he feels like it.

When they needed him against the Roosters he went missing sorry to say it but he did and did the same against the Cowboys.

Host is a ball player i have seen it in the under 20's some of his passing to create tries was just as good maybe he has been told not to in first grade or the Cutters or maybe he just needs a bit more confidence to do so.

Its easy to look like the biggest half back in the world in the under 20's then it would be in the higher grades.

I'll add Sele to his footwork at the line is great and his leg drive is quite good for a guy who imo isn't the biggest forward. Maybe he could be a ball player to i don't know at this point.

Leilua has great skill no doubt but he doesn't involve himself enough at times and maybe again thats just the kind of player he is like a Tony Williams which isn't the worst thing but also not the greatest either.

If he stays thats great if he goes well thats his choice.

Bench
This has been dragging on for way to long he should be put on notice sign a contract or walk, I think the hype is overrated and really is he that good

Lethal25

Juniors
It's far easier to be a ball player in the 20's as the defence allows you more time. Host hasn't brought that to first grade at this stage so I'll reserve my judgement. I have seen Leilua ball play in first grade however so at this point I'd mark him higher on that front

AMIG

Juniors
Seriously guys big deal if he decides to leave. All hype for a wet behind the ears chubby player. Needs constant weight management and that could be a detriment to his long term future.

Dragsters

First Grade
Leilua only gets involved when he feels like it.

When they needed him against the Roosters he went missing sorry to say it but he did and did the same against the Cowboys.

Host is a ball player i have seen it in the under 20's some of his passing to create tries was just as good maybe he has been told not to in first grade or the Cutters or maybe he just needs a bit more confidence to do so.

Its easy to look like the biggest half back in the world in the under 20's then it would be in the higher grades.

I'll add Sele to his footwork at the line is great and his leg drive is quite good for a guy who imo isn't the biggest forward. Maybe he could be a ball player to i don't know at this point.

Leilua has great skill no doubt but he doesn't involve himself enough at times and maybe again thats just the kind of player he is like a Tony Williams which isn't the worst thing but also not the greatest either.

If he stays thats great if he goes well thats his choice.

I couldn't agree less about the comparison to Tony Williams.

I think in first grade his creativity and licence to roam is stifled by Mary's restrictive game plan.

Watching him in the 20s (albeit in a team where he knows his teammates far better) he he is allowed to demand the ball and pop up where he likes and this allows him the opportunity to be busier.

Plus I'm already on record stating I'm a big fan of his work off the ball.

hermidale1

Juniors
It's far easier to be a ball player in the 20's as the defence allows you more time. Host hasn't brought that to first grade at this stage so I'll reserve my judgement. I have seen Leilua ball play in first grade however so at this point I'd mark him higher on that front
The biggest difference between Leilua and Host is when the game becomes a grind Leilua doesn't step up when he should. The 20's Final against the Roosters he should have taken the lead since he just came back from NRL. But instead he tried to constantly be the ball player rather than taking on the line. His pushed pass off the ground that wasn't on gave the Roosters one of the final tries when the game was in the balance.Host went into the Cutters Final and against Newtown forced three tackle turn overs then scored the try next to the posts with 7 remaining to level the score.
Leilua is a natural ball player, but sometimes he needs to be more than that.
2 different players.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
Host had a great game for the Cutters and is a class player. Leilua is a hit and miss player and gave a stupid pass which cost the Under 20's the game. Host shone at a higher level.
I agree that Leilua has a great offload and runs the ball well but he can play brilliantly and then do stupid things. I hope we keep him but he needs to streamline his body and reduce his error rate.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Host had a great game for the Cutters and is a class player. Leilua is a hit and miss player and gave a stupid pass which cost the Under 20's the game. Host shone at a higher level.
I agree that Leilua has a great offload and runs the ball well but he can play brilliantly and then do stupid things. I hope we keep him but he needs to streamline his body and reduce his error rate.

The game was already lost before Leiluia's intercept, although I agree with your assessment apropos his fitness.

ATM, he resembles Matt Mundine in body shape (and we all know how his career went).

BennyV

Referee
Leilua provides a valuable point of difference in a team, and a game, that is very robotic. He provides unpredictability and skill in areas the rest of the team lacks. Even if used for 15 mins either side of half time l, he would be a valuable asset.

But f**k it. Mary is still coach. Leave, Luc. Run far, far away and don't look back. Flip the drunk bald merkin the bird on your way out.

saints4me

Juniors
Leilua provides a valuable point of difference in a team, and a game, that is very robotic. He provides unpredictability and skill in areas the rest of the team lacks. Even if used for 15 mins either side of half time l, he would be a valuable asset.

But f**k it. Mary is still coach. Leave, Luc. Run far, far away and don't look back. Flip the drunk bald merkin the bird on your way out.

What a dumb post by a dumb post.

Latest posts