What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Let's sign a half Thread

ponies 4ever

Juniors
Unless there is a huge change overnight in Wallace, Norman, Macca and our threequarter line aside from Hodges suddenly find the strikepower to make linebreaks we will not match the big guns. Also need more arsenal to help Hannant, Thaiday and Parker or we are truly screwed in 2012. Kudos to Hannant for backing up from Origin 1..............I know this wont be popular but we are a far cry from anything resembling BRONCO SIDES of old. Yes we have some bright young stars, but are they really ready to take the reins ?...................I think not :(

Alf retired in 2002, we have the whole of QLD to scour and we recruit from St Marys Penrith. I don't blame the players, they're trying................this runs deeper within the club. WE SIMPLY AREN'T ATTRACTING THE BIG NAMES WE USED TO SELECTIVELY RECRUIT.

2 that could make an instant impact would be Ben Barba and Adam Blair, however, we have either missed the boat or not actively engaged interest in them.

I just do not see a partnership of Wallace and Norman getting it done, EVER, PERIOD !!!!!

Broncos fan!

Juniors
Beale, Hoffman, Yow Yeh and even Reed of late can break the line. I seem to agree with Hannant although I think McGuire will be great.

No way in hell would I want Adam Blair. Barba is a better fullback than half too and we have 2 good fullbacks.

DeBroncos

Juniors
Foran was just on the post game show for MNF and said his contract with Manly runs out in 2014. So much for that.

Talanexor

Juniors
You could take a punt on Liam Foran. The talent is there, he's just been stuck behind slightly better players at every club he's been to.

Or Maloney, although I don't see how you could convince the Warriors to release him.

diddi kong

Juniors
i forgot about maloney, he's not all that classy but he has a go, never fault the effort. and also he would bring a credible kicker to the broncos for the first time since ..de vere? feel free to correct that

Clintos

Live Update Team
Thomas Leuluai is apparently interested in returning to the NRL. He could be worth a look.

That said, I don't think we really need to buy a half.

Big Pete

Referee
Look unless Thurston, Cronk, K. Foran, Benji or Quade wanted to join the Broncos I'd rather persist with developing our own halves. While the likes of Maloney may prove to be better options in the short-term they have their flaws which prevent them from being a priority signing.

Our priorities should be to sign another front row forward or centre.

AuDragon

Juniors
Look unless Thurston, Cronk, K. Foran, Benji or Quade wanted to join the Broncos I'd rather persist with developing our own halves. While the likes of Maloney may prove to be better options in the short-term they have their flaws which prevent them from being a priority signing.

Our priorities should be to sign another front row forward or centre.
Yeah, totally agree with this. Bar the named halves, there's no one out there where I would break the bank for, although I love the look of Sam Williams at the Raiders...

IBA

Juniors
Agreed as well Pete. A solid prop is next, assuming Baptiste can take this hooker role well. I kind of feel we do need a center only because of hodges constant injury woes. It would be great to have a solid backup there.

Big Pete

Referee
Williams looks like a decent prospect but I don't see the point in chasing him when he's just that - a prospect.

Sidestep

Juniors
What do we have coming through, Baptiste has been transformed to a 9, he looks the goods for NRL job in that position on a more permanent basis 2012. After that, Cameron Cullen in the NYC, Kodi Nikorima (QLD schoolboys Opens), we let Matt Thorpe go to the Bulldogs SG Ball. What else?

Ben Hunt or Corey Norman have the job to loose. Peter Wallace is essential during this 'transition stage' and the knockers he has that call themselves Bronco supporters have no idea.

I am a fan of Harry Seijka from Penrith, he was the best 15 year old schoolboy I have seen. Controlled a game with footy sense, natural ability and he is a tough customer, did not rely on size and strength which is common at that age for kids to dominate. A change of environment and culture would do him the world of good, not sure when he is off contract. He would look good with a horses head on his footy jumper.