What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Let's sign a half Thread

DecoyRunner

Juniors
Could be time for Seymour to return. Learning from Alfie would do him a world of good, and he won't be in Lockyer's shadow.

Anthony Mitchell from Parra is off contract, too. He plays as quick as any hooker in the league.

Last edited:

beads6

First Grade
Seymour wouldn't be a bad signing if he was cheap. Although his past history suggests he is not worth it.

lockyno1

Post Whore
God no- Seymour is the worst option. Look people may laugh, but Orford as a short term fix could be an option. I would also be getting into the ear of Reynolds from the Bulldogs!

Seagullsrock

Juniors
God no- Seymour is the worst option. Look people may laugh, but Orford as a short term fix could be an option. I would also be getting into the ear of Reynolds from the Bulldogs!

Probably couldn't pick 2 less creative halves if I tried.

Mr Fourex

Bench
NRL Halfbacks .........

2011 off contract:

Liam Foran
Ben Hunt
Isaac John
Albert Kelly
Luke Kelly
Alehana Mara
Matt Orford
Scott Porter
Jordan Rankin
Jeff Robson
Brett Seymour
Tim Smith
Arana Taumata
Preston Campbell

2012 off contract:

Nathan Fien
Wade Graham
Josh McCrone
Brad Murray
Matt Orford
Peter Wallace
Luke Walsh
Kieran Foran

2013 off contract:

Daly Cherry-Evans
Cooper Cronk
Beau Henry
Trent Hodkinson
Michael Morgan
Mitchell Pearce
Johnathan Thurston
Anthony Watts
Sam Williams

==============================================

Bear with me AU .......what if in 2012 we grab Preston Campbell in what would be his last, you would think, NRL season. I know Campbell was talking about retiring last year, but

here he is, still going round.

If not ........hold onto your hat

Matt Orford

confused0067.gif

In 2012 I'm looking for a proven play maker .......who's nearing the end of his career who wants to be involved with the Broncos. A half back that just might have one last good year in him.

I'd even consider Seymour to go round with us again.
PDT_037.gif

The upside is ........I still want to resign Wallace

as a hooker/dummy half.

I swear the more I watch him .....intently

The more I can see him being the answer to our dummy half woes.

I think that may be his problem, he's actually playing out of position.

So at the end of 2012 ....we've got Wallace TEARING them up from dummy half and our care taker half back has blissfully wandered off into retirement. Our eyes ....... from this point in time (right now, 14th May 2011) MUST be focused on getting the signature of either

Thurston, Cronk or Foran

as the future Broncos no.7

Watching Baptiste last night ........doesn't look good for the long term future of Mr Wallace

JMO

AuDragon

Juniors
Watching Baptiste last night ........doesn't look good for the long term future of Mr Wallace

JMO
There we go again... :roll:

Except for last week, Wallace has been one of the best halfbacks in the comp. Only Thurston, Cronk and maybe Mullen and Prince on occasion have been better.

But I'm sure you meant McCullough's future, right? :sarcasm:

You accuse Elia_Tuqiri of making a fool of himself, but you're not far behind...

beads6

First Grade
There we go again... :roll:

Except for last week, Wallace has been one of the best halfbacks in the comp. Only Thurston, Cronk and maybe Mullen and Prince on occasion have been better.

But I'm sure you meant McCullough's future, right? :sarcasm:

You accuse Elia_Tuqiri of making a fool of himself, but you're not far behind...

I also didn't get the thought that Baptiste performing had anything to do with Wallace and his future.

IBA

Juniors
Uhhh... What? Baptiste will end up taking starting hooker so Mac is in trouble. Wallace had an excellent game last night. He did get run over by Snowden pretty bad I think most people in the NRL would have...

AuDragon

Juniors
Uhhh... What? Baptiste will end up taking starting hooker so Mac is in trouble. Wallace had an excellent game last night. He did get run over by Snowden pretty bad I think most people in the NRL would have...
Yeah Snowden's fend was perfectly timed and placed.
At least it was a big frontrower. I've seen Yow Yeh do it to a couple of other halves... :lol:

Elia_Tuqiri

Juniors
Wallace is fine.
He will step up when Lockyer hang up his boots.
He play his best footy when he take controls and not rely on Lockyer so much.

Big Pete

Referee
Wallace has been playing well. Good game last night except for a silly grubber kick when the game was over. It should have resulted in a goal line drop out but it was the wrong option and received a befitting ruling.

Also, you include Prince but not Sandow AuDragon. Really?

Windy70

Juniors
Can't read this whole thread, so sorry if I'm repeating someone.

The only reason Sandow came up in Bronco's headlights was because Bennet rated him big time. During this time the now Eels recruitment officer (or whatever his job discription is) was at the Broncos and under Benett for along time. So it makes sense that Sandow has gone to the Eels. This bloke obviously respects Wayne's calls and may have pushed it.

AuDragon

Juniors
Wallace has been playing well. Good game last night except for a silly grubber kick when the game was over. It should have resulted in a goal line drop out but it was the wrong option and received a befitting ruling.

Also, you include Prince but not Sandow AuDragon. Really?
Sandow did have a couple of blinders, but quickly returned to his average mediocrity. I don't rate him at all, and find him to be more of a liability than an asset in the majority of the games he plays.
Besides, he doesn't have Prince's historical stamp of quality and reliability, albeit the latter hasn't been going great in a very poor team.

Wallace has been better than both this season, but Prince has the potential to consistently beat him, while Sandow will never have the brain to be consistently good, despite his natural talent and ability. But this is returning to an old discussion... ;-)

Latest posts