What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luciano Leilua

Redhoopz

Juniors
FMD some of this criticism is over the top...

You do know Luc has only played 9 NRL games? it seems that most people are already expecting a polished player. You have to give him time to develop at NRL level. Yes, he made some mistakes on Friday night but so did a few others. It also doesn't help that he is introduced into the game halfway through the second half. Any mistake he makes will be more critical, especially in close games.

Every player makes mistakes! if it becomes a trend in his game then I wouldn't have any issue with him being dropped.

The fact is the Dragons are yet to loose a game and unless there's an injury, I wouldn't be making any changes to the line up.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
So true Redhoopz, There are high expectations here by many posters and fair enough they can have their own opinion.

They seem to forget that Ben Creagh was not too crash hot when he started (on the wing mind you). How did that end up? Finished his career as captain of the club and a fan favourite.

Luc will hopefully come good but needs time to be judged that is for sure. Hopefully he learns from last weeks game.

Drag Queen

Bench
So true Redhoopz, There are high expectations here by many posters and fair enough they can have their own opinion.

They seem to forget that Ben Creagh was not too crash hot when he started (on the wing mind you). How did that end up? Finished his career as captain of the club and a fan favourite.

Luc will hopefully come good but needs time to be judged that is for sure. Hopefully he learns from last weeks game.
You do realise that an under 20 champ rarely cuts it in FG. Just a thought.

BennyV

Referee
FMD some of this criticism is over the top...

You do know Luc has only played 9 NRL games? it seems that most people are already expecting a polished player. You have to give him time to develop at NRL level. Yes, he made some mistakes on Friday night but so did a few others. It also doesn't help that he is introduced into the game halfway through the second half. Any mistake he makes will be more critical, especially in close games.

Every player makes mistakes! if it becomes a trend in his game then I wouldn't have any issue with him being dropped.

The fact is the Dragons are yet to loose a game and unless there's an injury, I wouldn't be making any changes to the line up.
He's shown little to no improvement in areas that need it over those 9 games. And there are more developed, more important and more deserving players in ISP. He is developing, so let him develop in reserve grades and give those with more to contribute an opportunity.

Lovemedragons

Juniors
Leave him be for a while yet, in fact no - give him more time on the field!, he is an x factor player and premiership teams tend to have a couple of them in their line ups. I am looking forward to seeing him slip a magic ball to Dufty on the fly when we most need it.

He can sink or swim over the next 6 or so rounds and Id be surprised if many on here don't change their minds by then,

BennyV

Referee
Leave him be for a while yet, in fact no - give him more time on the field!, he is an x factor player and premiership teams tend to have a couple of them in their line ups. I am looking forward to seeing him slip a magic ball to Dufty on the fly when we most need it.

He can sink or swim over the next 6 or so rounds and Id be surprised if many on here don't change their minds by then,
X factor player now? Based on what?

giboz71

First Grade
We’re winning based on discipline and no mistakes. Even Aitken’s bought into this mantra and has eliminated his defensive brain farts somewhat.

Luc just doesn’t fit into this model unfortunately. Intensity level just doesn’t seem to be there.

His 2 blunders could have cost us the game when the rest of the side did their job.

The kid needs more time.

Those of you who continue to bag a junior with 9 NRL games under his belt equating to approx 80-100 minutes should ask yourselves why we have a policy of cultivating junior talent.

He needs time to find his feet in FG. If Mary doesn't afford him another 3-5 games before judging his progress, I for one will be disappointed.

If by round 8-10 he hasn't "improved" give Host a run.

When the injuries come and unfortunately they will, the rest of the juniors will see extensive minutes.

In the meantime lets give Luc some time to become a FG forward.

It is not so long ago JDB was much maligned by some on the forum. Doesn't appear to be playing so badly any more does he ?

Forster Dragon

Juniors
The kid needs more time.

Those of you who continue to bag a junior with 9 NRL games under his belt equating to approx 80-100 minutes should ask yourselves why we have a policy of cultivating junior talent.

He needs time to find his feet in FG. If Mary doesn't afford him another 3-5 games before judging his progress, I for one will be disappointed.

When the injuries come and unfortunately they will, the rest of the juniors will see extensive minutes.

It is not so long ago JDB was much maligned by some on the forum. Doesn't appear to be playing so badly any more does he ?
Spot on.They need to be patient with the kid.

ouryears

Bench
The kid needs more time.

Can't we just have him learn more and be more ready for the big time by playing more ISP for now, another year perhaps.

It's hard to learn on the run in first grade.

Draginzaaar

Bench
I understand why some of you are saying Luc needs more time ISP, but remember he graduated top of the class from ISP last year. He has earned his shot at FG (consistently over the year).

The problem could be that he hasn’t been able to play himself into form off the bench because he needs longer spells. Put him on in the first half I say.

Sele should be playing FG in my opinion. And while I’m at it, Field should be on the bench with him when the opportunity arises. These guys are quality first graders IMO.

Who do we drop to put these guys in?

Redhoopz

Juniors
Can't we just have him learn more and be more ready for the big time by playing more ISP for now, another year perhaps.

It's hard to learn on the run in first grade.

You're not getting the same experience in ISP as you would in NRL. Luc's obviously impressed the right people by doing all the right things and probably has the most potential of all our junior forwards.

I'm sure Host and Sele will get a start soon.

Morotti

Juniors
One thing to always remember is we see the teamplay for 80 minutes each week. The coaching staff get them every day all pre season and then all year for training etc as well as gametime.

So as suggested above, let's let the poor bloke get some gametime in. He will definitely play more minutes in the origin period. As will other fringe first graders.

The only player I was surprised has been picked so much is Latimore. I expected him to be a depth signing and expected other younger juniors to be in front of him (Host, Sele, Lawrie) for potential bench spots.