What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luke Brooks

Wizardman

First Grade
As a Tigers supporter, I've been pretty gentle with this mob regarding criticism of the players by pretty much reserving it for the "trackhead Three". But, after tonights game, Im about to add another to the list.

Luke "Bloody" Brooks!!!!! I have not seen a worse performance by a half this year by a long way. The 1,6 and 9 were total shit but Brooks took shitness to a whole new f&^*(*g level tonight. In fact, I don't think I've seen a worse halfback performance in years....it was the shocker of all shockers.

Not ONE f**king satisfactory end to a set from him....absolutely sweet f**k all!!!!! Brooks was absolutely versatile with his crap end to sets tonight. You name it, he f**ked up in every possible way a rugby league half could possibly do. He did not get one repeat set all f**king night, barely found the grass all night (Im actually not sure if he had one kick that did find some space), forward passes for a short ball on the last play when 40metres out, bombs that went sideways and backwards, dropballs....Im sure I've left out some of his shitness tonight...too much to remember.

Cleary must be having some serious questions about what to do with the halfback situation. He needs to look for someone else because Brooks is going nowhere. His debut was so, so good...where is it all now????

Clifferd

Coach
He needs an experienced halves partner more than anything

I'm not banking on him to have a stellar season next year but Reynolds will, and should be so good for him next year.

I'll admit I erased that performance from my memory fairly quickly but i wojlsnt be surprised if most players have all but given up on this year and are just going through the motions

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
what they do in their private time is none of our business.
TKC-jKV-EKHZXGMApiulJdS1Yy6mArOhO3pFLGlYVrM9A8Jt2LF0yeLmt_D4jnWhZGGUDX0HtlVWGmGo=w429-h208-nc

Timbo

Staff member
There were weird decisions all round in that game. What was the point of holding McIlwrick back so late?

But Brooks knows he's now virtually untouchable with the rest leaving. All he has to do is be barely competent once every three or four games.

Vic Mackey

Referee
He should be better but the whole side is a write off this year. Tonight he had a different 1/6/9 from what was trained with all pre season along with both our starting centers and second rowers out. Any 7 would struggle with that.

I'm willing to give him next year with a whole new side and a full pre season under Cleary.

Life's Good

Coach
As a Tigers supporter, I've been pretty gentle with this mob regarding criticism of the players by pretty much reserving it for the "trackhead Three". But, after tonights game, Im about to add another to the list.

Luke "Bloody" Brooks!!!!! I have not seen a worse performance by a half this year by a long way. The 1,6 and 9 were total shit but Brooks took shitness to a whole new f&^*(*g level tonight. In fact, I don't think I've seen a worse halfback performance in years....it was the shocker of all shockers.

Not ONE f**king satisfactory end to a set from him....absolutely sweet f**k all!!!!! Brooks was absolutely versatile with his crap end to sets tonight. You name it, he f**ked up in every possible way a rugby league half could possibly do. He did not get one repeat set all f**king night, barely found the grass all night (Im actually not sure if he had one kick that did find some space), forward passes for a short ball on the last play when 40metres out, bombs that went sideways and backwards, dropballs....Im sure I've left out some of his shitness tonight...too much to remember.

Cleary must be having some serious questions about what to do with the halfback situation. He needs to look for someone else because Brooks is going nowhere. His debut was so, so good...where is it all now????

Tune in and watch a Dragons game if you want to see a mediocre halfback who as recent as last year was a State cup hooker(playing off he bench at times).

Back on topic. This, below.

He should be better but the whole side is a write off this year. Tonight he had a different 1/6/9 from what was trained with all pre season along with both our starting centers and second rowers out. Any 7 would struggle with that.

I'm willing to give him next year with a whole new side and a full pre season under Cleary.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Cheer up Tigers fans - Lord Ivan once made it to one short of a GF with Nathan Fien and Michael Witt. And used to regularly win games with Grant Rovelli there, and the likes of Lance Hohaia, Ian Henderson, George Gatis and Aaron Heremaia in the spine.

Brooks is shit but with a better spine and playing behind a better pack, he'll be allowed to get better himself.

Naigama/Lolohea/Brooks/Liddle must be a contender for the worst spine in history.

POPEYE

Coach
Don't know what the fuss is about, the only people who are upset with Brooks' performance, and I didn't watch the entire game, are those who may have imagined he was ever any better than ordinary. He's nowhere near Pearce Std . . . make of that what you will

Latest posts