What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LU's Top 100 TV Shows - 2015 Edition

Misanthrope

Staff member
With a huge number of votes coming in, I've been able to put together a top one hundred that features a huge range of shows.

Before we launch into that particular portion however, here are the many (many) shows that didn't make the cut.

23 points

No Reservations

22 points

Friday Night Lights
Star Trek: Original Series

20 points

Medium
Parenthood

19 points

Brooklyn 99
Fresh Meat

18 points

I Dream of Jeanie
Sex and the City
Married with Children

16 points

Becker
Get Smart
Private Practice

15 points

Allo 'Allo
American Dreams
Big Brother (US)
Farscape
Gossip Girl
River Cottage
Top Gear
Young Talent Time

14 points

Blake's 7
Charmed
Dead Like Me
Flight of the Conchords
Halt and Catch Fire
I'm Alan Partride
Skippy the Bush Kangaroo
The Colbert Report
The Naked Chef
Welcome Back Kotter
A Country Practice

13 points

21 Jump Street
Against the Wind
Art Attack
Call the Midwife
Chuck
Harvey Birdman
Moesha
Mythbusters
Rubicon
The Day Today
The Goodies

12 points

Countdown
CSI
Gilmore Girls
Kath & Kim
Law and Order: Criminal Intent
Living Single
Nathan Barley
Offspring
Reboot
The Boondocks
The Challenge

11 points

Bojack Horseman
Coupling
CSI: Miami
Everybody Loves Raymond
Flash Forward
Frontline
Jeopardy
Law and Order: Trial by Jury
Moonlighting
Pride & Predjudice
Shooting Stars
Sparticus
Tales from the Crypt
The Big Gig
The Fall
Whiplash
Beverly Hills 90210
RAGE

10 points

American Gothic
Father Ted
Lassie
Law and Order: LA
Life on Mars
Murder, She Wrote
Person of Interest
SeaQuest DSV
Skins
Taxi
The Ricky Gervais Show
The Shield
X-Men
The OC

9 points

Billy on the Street
Crossing Jordan
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Jem
Once Upon a Time
Pretty Little Liars
Shameless
Stargate Atlantis
The Curiousity Show
The Flash
The Ultimate Fighter
Third Watch
Unsolved Mysteries
Eureka
My Name is Earl

8 points

All Saints
Anne of Green Gables
Baa Baa Black Sheep
CSI: Cyber
Dark Angel
Extras
Falling Skies
Fast Forward
I Love Lucy
Life and Times of Tim
Numb3rs
One Tree Hill
Outrageous Fortune
The Unit
Shameless (US)

7 points

Big Girls Blouse
Grimm
Luther
My Kitchen Rules
NCIS: Los Angeles
Real World
The Good Life
The Secret World of Alex Mac
Xena: Warrior Princes
Bob's Burgers

6 points

Big Girls Blouse
Grimm
Luther
My Kitchen Rules
NCIS: Los Angeles
Real World
The Good Life
The Secret World of Alex Mac
Xena: Warrior Princes
Bob's Burgers

5 points

Babylon 5
Blankety Blanks
Dragonball
Kenny vs Spenny
Spin City
Star Wars: Clone Wars
The Borgias
The Eric Bana Show
The Sarah Conor Chronicles
Wayward Pines
Wentworth
Army Wives

4 points

Animaniacs
Bewitched
Catfish
Hogan's Heroes
Masterchef
Merlin
Mysterious Cities of Gold
Starsky & Hutch
Top of the Pops
Yes, Minister

3 points

Bellbird
Better Off Ted
Big Rich Texas
Boy Meets World
Cash and Company
In Treatment
King of the Hill
Lucha Underground
Pete & Pete
Project Runway
The Larry Sanders Show
The Newsroom
Tosh.0
True Blood
Wilfred

2 points

Afro Samurai
Burn Notice
Ghostwriter
Graham Norton Show
Mad As Hell
My Three Sons
Reign
Romance of the Three Kingdoms
The Americans
The Black and White Minstrel Show
The Good Wife
The L Word
The Twilight Zone
The Young Ones
Torchwood
Transformers
Warehouse 13

1 point

An Idiot Abroad
Chicago Fire
Cold Case
Desperate Housewives
Gilligan's Island
Homicide: Life on the Streets
It's a Knockoout
Lockie Leonard
Martial Law
Nighty Night
Poirot
The Mentalist
Veep

0.5 points (outside the top 15)

American Horror Story
Attack on Titan
Black Mirror
Carnivale
Chef!
David Letterman
Elementary
Family Matters
Glee
Good Guys, Bad Guys
Happy Days
House Husbands
Hung
Hustle
Inside the Actor's Studio
Marvel's Agents of SHIELD
Mr. Robot
Mrs. Brown's Boys
Rescue Me
Scandal
Sense8
Silicon Valley
Sportsnight
Summer Heights High
Testees
The Big C
The Blacklist
The Pretender
The Regular Show
Undeclared
Winners and Losers
WWE Tough Enough

----------

We'll get started with the 100-90 tomorrow evening.

I think all of mine have made it on the actual list.

There are some decent shows on the rejected list.

Last edited:

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
I didn't vote but there's a few of my favourites that didn't make the cut.

Get Smart
I Dream Of Jeannie
Married With Children
RAGE
The Twilight Zone
The Young Ones

Maybe my vote could have pushed some of these into the Top 100. Damn it!!!

Shit, I knew I forgot a show, I would have had Spartacus in my top 3. Oh well.

2 of my shows are in that list - falling skies and wayward pines.

I had a chuckle to myself when I saw 'art attack' it's on the Disney junior channel and the art he makes most adults couldn't do let alone 2 year olds.

mackdadday

Juniors
I'm looking forward to the second season of Fargo. If it's anywhere near as high quailty as the first then it'll be featuring on my list next time.

I'm looking forward to the second season of Fargo. If it's anywhere near as high quailty as the first then it'll be featuring on my list next time.
I just hope it doesn't go in the same way as TD.

Both anthology series' featuring big name actors that had stellar first seasons.

TD S2 was okay, but it was nothing on S1.

T.S Quint

Coach
I find it disgraceful that Beverly Hills 90210, Gilmore Girls, Moesha and CSI: Miami got more points than The Shield.

Also, Big Girls Blouse more points than both The Young Ones and Kenny vs Spenny?
Travesty!

Seriously people, watch The f**king Shield!

Last edited:

Misanthrope

Staff member
You don't seem to have included my revised list. Please update.

After the last countdown, I no longer accept revised lists unless they clearly define what changed between posts. Too much of a pain in the ass go to back through and individually remove all of your original votes and then add your new ones.

If you closed this poll one day later this show would be so much higher.

I'm shocked to see I was the only one who gave it any points, and a bit dismayed at myself for putting it outside of my top fifteen dramas.

i'm surprised falling skies didn't make the cut

Tbh I thought I would be the only person who voted for it. I don't understand how a show like the walking dead rates it's pants off compared to falling skies. Both shows are almost identical except falling skies is about aliens and has a better story line

alien

Referee
Tbh I thought I would be the only person who voted for it. I don't understand how a show like the walking dead rates it's pants off compared to falling skies. Both shows are almost identical except falling skies is about aliens and has a better story line

I didn't vote. :lol:

I would have voted for The Walking Dead too, along with Stargate, X-Files, WWE Raw.

Misanthrope

Staff member
#100 - #91

#100 - Ghost Whisperer (2005-2010) - 24 points from two voters

Starring: Jennifer Love Hewitt, David Conrad, Aisha Tyler, Camryn Manheim, and Jay Mohr.
Creator: John Gray.
Network: CBS.
Genre(s): Supernatural. Procedural drama. Mystery.
Accolades: N/A

Responsible for reintroducing the world to Jennifer Love Hewitt's spectacular bosom after Party of Five's cancellation had deprived us of them, Ghost Whisperer was a milquetoast supernatural procedural in which Hewitt's character would help spirits cross over by solving their murders and/or unresolved problems. Thinks Cold Case meets The Sixth Sense.

#99 - Round the Twist (1989-2001) - 24 points from three voters

Starring: Richard Moir, Andrew Gilbert, Tamsin West, Robyn Gibbs, Bunney Brooke, Frankie J Holden, Mark Mitchell, and Esben Storm.
Creator: Paul Jennings & Esben Storm.
Network: Seven & ABC.
Genre(s): Supernatural. Comedy. Children.

Many Australian kids grew up enjoying the writings of Paul Jennings and/or the antics of the Twist family in this adaptation of his books (for the first two seasons).

Notable for its darker story lines than conventional children's fare, its zany sense of humour, and the often lengthy breaks between seasons necessitating entirely new casts, it remains one of Australian television's most beloved children's shows.

#98 - The Pacific (2010) - 26 points from two voters.

Starring: James Badge Dale, Joseph Mazzello, Jon Bernthal, Rami Malek, Gary Sweet, Jon Seda, and a bunch of others.
Creator: Stephen Spielberg, Bruce C. McKenna, and Tom Hanks.
Network: HBO and Seven.
Genre(s): Miniseries. War. Period Drama.
Accolades: Emmy Awards for Outstanding Miniseries, Outstanding Art Direction, Outstanding Makeup in a Miniseries, Outstanding Prosthetic Makeup in a Miniseries, Outstanding Sound Editing in a Miniseries, Outstanding Sound Mixing in a Miniseries, Outstanding Special Effects in a Miniseries, and Outstanding Casting in a Miniseries.

Both a sequel and a companion to the immensely popular Band of Brothers, this ten part miniseries detailing the War in the Pacific did not match the critical acclaim or commercial success of its predecessor, but remains a well liked World War 2 miniseries.

#97 - Monday Night Raw (1993 - present) - 27 points from three voters

Starring: Too many to mention.
Creator: Vince McMahon.
Network: USA Network and Spike TV.
Genre(s): Pro-Wrestling. Sports.
Accolades: N/A.

The pro-wrestling/sports entertainment juggernaut that has out-lived all others, the WWE's flagship show is the longest running episodic television show in history and shows no signs of stopping.

Featuring a cast of hundreds, more melodrama than a daytime serial, plenty of homoerotic situations, and enough T&A to compensate for it - Raw remains one of the most successful shows on television today.

=#95 - Roswell (1999-2002) - 28 points from two voters

Starring: Shiri Appleby, Jason Behr, Katherine Heigl, Brendan Fehr, Majandra Delfino, Colin Hanks, William Sadler, Emilie De Ravin, and Adam Rodriguez.
Creator:
Jonathon Dukes.
Network: The WB and UPN.
Genre(s): Science Fiction. Teen.

A teen drama set in the world's most famous alien site, Roswell enjoyed modest success detailing the lives of high school students in the New Mexico town as they discover that aliens walk among them.

Based on a pseudo-popular series of young adult books, Roswell High.

=#95 - Malcolm in the Middle (2000-2006) - 28 points from two voters

Starring: Frankie Muniz, Jane Kaczmarek, Bryan Cranston, Justin Berfield, and Erik Per Sullivan.
Creator:
Linwood Boomer.
Network: Fox.
Genre(s): Sitcom.
Accolades: Emmy Awards for Outstanding Comedy Series (2000), Outstanding Writing for a Comedy Series (2000, 2001), Outstanding Directing for a Comedy Series (2001), Outstanding Guest Actor in a Comedy Series (Cloris Leachman, 2002, 2006), and Outstanding Single Camera Picture Editing in a Comedy Series (2003). Grammy Award for Best Song Written for a Motion Picture or TV Series (Boss of Me, 2001).

The premise of Malcolm in the Middle was hardly groundbreaking: the show told the story of a dysfunctional suburban family. What set it apart was its regular habit of breaking the fourth wall as the titular Malcolm spoke directly to the audience.

A cultural phenomenon that rose and fell inside a decade, the show's greatest claim to fame may well be for being the show that brought Walter White to the mainstream.

#94 - Arrow (2012 - present) - 30 points from two voters

Starring: Stephen Amell, Katie Cassidy, Colin Donnell, David Ramsey, Willa Holland, Susanna Thompson, Emily Bett Rickards, Colton Haynes, Manu Bennett, John Barrowman, and Neal McDonough.
Creator:
Greg Berlanti, Marc Guggenheim, and Andrew Kreisberg.
Network: The CW.
Genre(s): Superhero. Drama. Action.
Accolades: N/A.

Based on the Green Arrow series of DC comics and featuring characters from across the DC universe, Arrow has rapidly developed a cult following due to its beautiful cast, well choreographed action sequences, and compelling use of lesser known DC heroes and villains.

Into its fourth season and already with a successful spin-off (The Flash) under its belt, the show will launch a second spinoff (Legends of Tomorrow) for the 2015-16 season.

#93 - Workaholics (2011 - present) - 30 points from three voters

Starring: Blake Anderson, Adam DeVine, Anders Holm, Maribeth Monroe, Jillian Bell, and Kyle Newacheck.
Creator:
Blake Anderson, Adam DeVine, Anders Holm, Kyle Newacheck, Connor Pritchard, and Dominic Russo.
Network: Comedy Central.
Genre(s): Sitcom.

Detailing the (mis)adventures of a trio of stoners, alcoholics, and social miscreants who are anything but workaholics, Comedy Central's Workaholics is nothing if not immature and irreverent.

Notable for its many cameos from comedic personalities and its completely inappropriate sense of humour, the show continues to amuse as a fun look at the modern man's struggle to adjust from reckless college student to responsible member of society.

#92 - Smallville (2001-2011) - 32 points from two voters

Starring: Tom Welling, Kristin Kreuk, Michael Rosenbaum, Allison Mack, Sam Jones III, Annette O'Toole, John Schneider, Eric Johnson, John Glover, Jensen Ackles, Erica Durance, Aaron Ashmore, Laura Vandervoort, Justin Hartley, Samuel Witwer, Cassidy Freeman, and Callum Blue.
Creator:
Alfred Gough and Miles Millar.
Network: The WB and The CW.
Genre(s): Superhero. Teen.
Accolades: Emmy Awards for Outstanding Sound Editing for a Series (2002, 2007, 2008).

Before superhero shows were saturating cinemas and television screens, Smallville was a pioneer. Detailing the teenage years of a young Clark Kent/Superman, the show was particularly well liked for its decision to show a friendship between comic book rivals, Superman and Lex Luthor.

While many of its episodes devolved into the 'monster of the week' trope that dogs supernatural programs, it remained a well regarded and entertaining show until its conclusion in 2011. It is, to date, the longest running North American science fiction program.

=#90 - The Wonder Years (1988-1993) - 34 points from two voters

Starring: Fred Savage, Dan Laura, Alley Mills, Olivia D'aborigine, Jason Hervey, Josh Saviano, and Danica McKellar.
Creator:
Neal Marlens and Carol Black.
Network: ABC.
Genre(s): Comedy Drama.
Accolades: Emmy Awards for Outstanding Comedy Series (1988), Outstanding Directing in a Comedy Series (1989, 1990), and Outstanding Writing in a Comedy Series (1990).

A cultural phenomenon that helped redefine the sitcom formula, The Wonder Years was an endearing glimpse into 1960s life that also showed the awkwardness of a young boy growing into an awkward teen.

Who amongst us didn't have a bit of a crush on Winnie growing up?

Ultimately, the show's family friendly tone couldn't be maintained as the cast aged, and ABC chose to cancel it rather than make the changes necessary to keep Kevin as a relateable character.