What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LU's Top 50 Wrestlers - The Countdown

Parra Pride

Coach
Seriously though, the only two notable guys I can think of who haven't been listed yet are Austin and the Rock. Interesting to see who the third is.

Big Pete

Referee
Must be said, these Mis write ups are the best thing about this countdown. Some (I know I'm one of them) may roll their eyes at the order but they've been a blast to read through.

Wow I thought Bret Hart would finish higher!

I must be getting old.

He certainly deserved to. I'm not sure where I voted for him, but it wouldn't have been high since by the time I was watching Bret all he did was complain about getting screwed while screwing Goldberg out of the Mayhem tournament and Starrcade. Pissed me off to no end and I just didn't get it.

Never got the love for Goldberg.

In a company filled with old guys and bullshit finishes left right and centre, Goldberg was just a tough bad-ass with great power moves, a great entrance and some cool MMA style holds. I watched a few of his 1998 matches and if he wasn't influenced by the likes of Nash he could have become a good worker in his own right. Instead, he picked up bad habits and just never improved.

Although his match with Scotty Steiner was a complete sleeper hit. Right up there with Eddie/JBL as being one of those matches that never should have been that good but turned out to be a classic.

14 for Hall?
I thought he'd be in the top 10, ahh well

The thing with Hall is, once he left the WWF, his output of quality matches basically withered away. It's hard to name one good match he had in WCW. Plenty of solid, okay matches but can't even think of anything I'd deem ***. Even in the WWF, I think his ladder match with HBK out-shines all his other work it's hard to really think of 10 good matches. It seems to go v HBK...v 123 Kid...then people struggle.

Jericho is 'good' but not somebody I'd figure into a GOAT discussion.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Glad you're enjoying the write-ups, Pete :)

I'll have the final three up either tonight or, if my meeting runs late, tomorrow morning.

Latest posts