What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Marauders Dungeon NRLCEO Grand Final

Johns Magic

Referee
Bah! I go out on a Saturday night and wake up to this :lol:

Jesus Christ, talk about pulling out the big plays on the right day.

I haven't bothered to tally the points in my head yet, but a quick estimate puts me a mile behind.

The WH's have really killed me this week as well...my forwards have either been getting 50+, or missing out by one or two(De Gois and Lasalo 38, Burgess 39).

Bulls have had Houston, Snowden, Gallen and Farah all just scrape in for WH's, with the highest of them getting 44. The Bulls forwards that have missed out haven't gone close.

A top quality grand-final though...I need a miracle from here.

Tom155

Coach
Nice predictions AB but since when did thurston move to fullback :p, i didnt even notice it the 1st time i read it

Watch out Bulls
The Beasts have some key gamebreakers who can blow this game wide open. Storm duo Billy Slater and Gareth Widdop have been fantastic all season and can put up big numbers. Jonathan Thurston is the best fullback in the competition and on any day can put up 20+ points. Meanwhile colossus winger Akuila Uate is always capable of grabbing a bagful of tries, particularly in such a big game this weekend.

Watch out Beasts
Jarryd Hayne is a true superstar who is due for a breakout game and could be saving his biggest performance for last, the Bulls side also boasts the number one performer in the competition in Robbie Farah, who is capable of putting up some big scores and is extremely consistent. The Bulls pack is one of the best and most consistent work horse packs in the competition and gives the Bulls side a great platform to work off.

Johns Magic

Referee
Congrats Tom, an unreal score in a grand-final.

Stewart, Blair, Mannah and Slater playing(plus Widdop and Kite going off injured) would have made my score look a bit nicer but it wouldn't have made a difference to the result.

A shame I couldn't get the win, but I was in the same position as you last year, dominating the competition all the way through the regular season. To then lose at the final hurdle is pretty gutting so I'm happy for you in a way.

I actually wanted Farah to be my first draft pick to be my captain all year. Order of the draft stuffed me on that one...little did I know it would be a 100 point turnaround on grand-final day.

I think the most frustrating part of the weekend was my Legends of League competition...I scored the most points all year by a mile, and then lost last week because of the Stewart sendoff which cost me 12 points in a tight one. Then this week I had Uate, Barba, Merritt and Hayne just absolutely tear up. Those four would have beaten the score that won it this week on their own.

Anyway guys, it's been great playing with you all over the years. A shame I couldn't pick up a title in that time, but the earliest I ever bowed out was the grand-final qualifier so at least I was competitive and could stay interested the whole time...that's the main thing I wanted out of this comp.

So thanks to everyone for their involvement during my time. We've made it the best NRL fantasy comp going around, and I'm sure it will stay that way.

Last edited:

Tom155

Coach
Final score Bulls 130 - 80 Beasts

Thanks JM nice to finally win a final in fantasy

naturally i left out mccrone & he scored big happened almost everytime this season

same thing happe to me in my Legends of League competition i was second highest scoring team in any of the LoL comps in the regular season & 2 weeks ago was 5 or so points down going into monday night with houston, hilder & Uate as my captain left & Aussies1st had thaiday & yow yeh, houston gets sinbinned, hilder goes to hospital & im gone unfortunatley things just didnt go our way in those comps.

also i hope you change your mind about retiring from this comp

abpanther

Staff member
Just wanted to firstly say a big congratulations to Tom, dominated the whole season and was by far the best team all the way along, good to see you get rewarded for a season of dominance.

To JM, sad to see you miss out again champ but even sadder to know that you are leaving us, TBH you have been the glue that keeps this thing together and makes it such a high quality comp. I really hope you reconsider, maybe you can get rid of all other comps and just keep this as your little baby on the side.

To everyone else, thanks again for a very enjoyable season, it has been a great ride, look forward to doing it all again next season