What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matai

hellteam

First Grade
Should have been much worse. If that wasn't a reckless high tackle I have no idea what is.

eagles4eva

First Grade
at least its not 4 weeks..
i'm loving the hate he is copping on here..
he alwas puts in 110%, can't ask for anything else

Its funny reading all these knobs chatting about him, he will miss:

Cowboys - away
Ponnies at home
Tits - away

And be back for the Bunnies with his 110%

MSIH

Bench
Would definitely give me a reason to tune into another Manly game this season if Hoppa was to debut.

You don't like watching Manly because it makes you tear up seeing the young halfback you could've had instead of that bender with parkinsons you're stuck with.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You don't like watching Manly because it makes you tear up seeing the young halfback you could've had instead of that bender with parkinsons you're stuck with.

Fancy a young halfback having second season syndrome. It happened to Tim Smith, it'll happen to Trent Hodkinson.

Fancy a young halfback having second season syndrome. It happened to Tim Smith, it'll happen to Trent Hodkinson.

Nope. Hodko is made of sterner stuff than smith, & he has Foran taking a lead playmaker role to combine with.

Hilarious to see all the nobodies in tantrum mode about Matai.

MSIH

Bench

Tim Smith's had more than 2nd year syndrome, apart from the obvious pun about him having down syndrome, he has done nothing apart from that 1 season back in 05 was it?

Anyway, Mortimer was overrated ridiculously last season. He's OK, but if he had a different last name the hype would be non-existant. He's a low to middle income mans Jeff Robson.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Tim Smith's had more than 2nd year syndrome, apart from the obvious pun about him having down syndrome, he has done nothing apart from that 1 season back in 05 was it?

Yep. But what a season it was.

Anyway, Mortimer was overrated ridiculously last season.

'Overrated' is a stupid term and if you think it's not then see if you can provide a definition without any logic flaws.

He's OK, but if he had a different last name the hype would be non-existant.

There might be a lot of hype around him but that's got nothing to do with how well he played last year. He is amazing in broken play which suits Parramatta perfectly.

He's a low to middle income mans Jeff Robson.

He's 20 years old and already as good as Robson. Wait until he fills out and learns how to deal with snipers rushing out of the line at him. He'll be fine.

Moving him to halfback has coincided with our lift in form, even if he hasn't been providing individual brilliance.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He's a low to middle income mans Jeff Robson.

There's why Mortimer's special - he spends 40 minutes having monsters run at him, topping the tackle count, then on the stroke of half-time he picks up a bad pass, chips and scores. Sitting in the stands or watching on TV it's difficult to see that kind of mental strength. That's why our opinions are usually bullsh*t if they differ from the people on the inside of the clubs.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I loved his kick at the end there, a real non-panic play.

At least he backs himself. He's got good confidence for a young bloke, though a bit more experience would be nice. He was obviously told to step up in Hayne's absence and if he took the tackle then next play he'd be playing the ball instead of calling for it.

Good win by the Sharks.

GB!

Juniors
Read today Matai likely to move on. Manly Daily I think.

yeah its the talk on the official forum

hope bloody not, in career best form if you ask me
i'll be crushed if he leaves manly, especially if its to another NRL club.
apparently des has big plans for whare & hoppa jr, be interesting to see who replaces matai while he's suspended? hope its not bailey. i'm hoping for whare or farrar & hoppa jr to fullback

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
'gotta say, will be absolutely gutted to see Matai play for another team. At least we got to see Whare tonight. hmmmm... I can see why Des is in a pickle. The last time I saw Whare play he was solid (scoring a try), but not drop down good like Hoppa Jnr was. Tonight he was good. Damn good. He doesn't have that same defence that Matai has though.

I don't care what any of the fans of other teams think of Matai, I admire the pain he inflicts and I believe that nobody likes running at him. I think his aggressive defence leads to more dropped balls and channels a lot of attack up the middle of our defence. This ultimately allows our line to compress in.

I'll hate seeing killer come up against him next season if he does leave.

eagles4eva

First Grade
Agree, i hope Matai doesn't play against the Eagles, if Hodko doesn't sign with Manly (hope he does) maybe then they will have some coin for Matai

GB!

Juniors
matai wants to stay at manly, but we may lose him.
its seems hodko is keen to follow the cash and leave, but he may keep him....?

if des wanted to keep hodko he would, there must be a reason dessie is letting him negotiate with other teams. some fans see DCE as the future #7.

IMO would rather keep matai cause he wants to stay, as opposed to hodko who seems to be chasing the cash.

cupid

Juniors
matai wants to stay at manly, but we may lose him.
its seems hodko is keen to follow the cash and leave, but he may keep him....?

if des wanted to keep hodko he would, there must be a reason dessie is letting him negotiate with other teams. some fans see DCE as the future #7.

IMO would rather keep matai cause he wants to stay, as opposed to hodko who seems to be chasing the cash.
Hokko desperatley wants to stay, thats why the Dogs have increased their offer to $800,000 over 3 years, the Bulldogs are idiots and so would Hokko if he didn't take that offer.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
You gotta wonder where the money is coming from. Sure the release of the red head helps, but 800k when you already have a tonne of halves on your list. We should take a crack at a few of their forwards and up the ante a bit. It is a bit of cat and mouse game, if we take a few $ away (by increasing their other contracts) off their cap maybe they wont afford it.

Having said that, maybe that's what they are up to and will take a crack at Matai, Kite and Perry.

cupid

Juniors
Somehow Bulldogs are still in the hunt for Blair, Sika Manu and Dugan, how the f**k? Our next move should be signing Cooper Cronk, we should be able to offer him a nice contract with the increased salary cap.

Latest posts