What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matai

grandorient

Bench
Matai does not engage in cheap shots. He plays hard and sometimes you can have the odd error in you which might make some shots look a little dirty. I bet if he played for the Dragons you would be loving his style of play.

Garts, Garts,

Not engage in cheap shots, that is the greatest load of bullsh!t I have ever heard.

Perhaps your right though, not so much of a cat, more of a Grub of the highest order.

And your last sentence, sure would. :doubt:

GO

Downie

Guest Moderator
Pretty sure its nerve damage in his shoulder which has him going down every now and then. It's only a temporary thing, but it'd be bloody painful for a few seconds.

effnic

Bench
Grandoreint and bignormprovan both you guys seem to be lovers of the olden day footy and it has me shocked to hear your views on Matai. When i watch the old vids of rugby league there are that many cheap shots and im not talking a nudge here and there im talking massive elbows to the head the type of thing that would have a player these days suspended for up to 18 weeks. Your views of matai are your own and i respect both your points of view, i just find it very weird that 2 guys who obviously like the old style of footy which these days look very very grubby thats all.

andrew057

First Grade
Hitting high occasionally and late every now and again isn't cat like behaviour. He goes 100% into everything, and this will sometimes result in misjudgments. Matai's far from a cat. He doesn't stay down milking like Soward and Boyd have mastered. He also doesn't push and then run away, ie Creagh. Those blokes are cats. Matai's tough and committed.

What a f**king cop out. That late sh*t he pulled on the king of cats in the test match was very cat like behaviour. How is hitting a player 3 seconds late when hes not expecting it tough and committed?

andrew057

First Grade
no mate, norm provan played hard and tough. Matai is a cat - late hits, high hits, niggle in the tackle, crying to the refs. The amount of times this bloke looks like he's injured himself seriously and is as good as gold 2 minutes later is staggering. Last night was a perfect example. No need for the magic spoonge for matai, a cup of warm milk is his preference.

I will reiterate my point - matai covers the roles of cat, grub, sook and also bitch.

Big norm

hit>>>nail>>>head!

zombie jesus

Staff member
I know it's old but credit to whoever made this
creagh.gif
it's a classic.:lol:

haha never seen that version, brilliant!

What a f**king cop out. That late sh*t he pulled on the king of cats in the test match was very cat like behaviour. How is hitting a player 3 seconds late when hes not expecting it tough and committed?

FMD, if you think that was late by 3 seconds you must be a soccer player.

MSIH

Bench

You should love Matai. The amount of times he's taken that spaz Ben Smith out for a few weeks should make you a massive fan.

The Slater hit was touch and go. He was committed and hit him late by a second or two.

Lol at 3 seconds.

andrew057

First Grade
You should love Matai. The amount of times he's taken that spaz Ben Smith out for a few weeks should make you a massive fan.

The Slater hit was touch and go. He was committed and hit him late by a second or two.

Lol at 3 seconds.

Nice high shot from Catai again tonight, hope the merkin enjoys a few weeks on the sidelines. Oh well at least I wont have to watch him play again this season. Nice sweep by the Eels in 2010.

zombie jesus

Staff member
He will be gone for a little while.

Be interesting to see who gets in, Hopoate could be a strong chance with 2 weeks to prepare.

caspersparks

Juniors
the hit on hayne was just a bit of "matai justice"..

i loved the stream of the game i was watching on the net, during the half time ad breaks it is just a dark screen and you could hear the commentators talking off camera.. so funny..
one of them was singing a song about matai.. super funny

hellteam

First Grade
Another typical Matai game... gets put on report, goes down injured, comes back out again fine. What is wrong with this guy

eagles4eva

First Grade
Sea Eagles centre Steve Matai to miss three games after guilty please to high-shot charges

Guilty plea ... Steve Matai (left) will be sidelined for three games after deciding not to fight to careless tackle charges at the judiciary Source: The Daily Telegraph
SEA Eagles centre Steve Matai has decided not to fight two careless tackle charges and will miss three matches for his high shots in Monday night's loss to Parramatta.
Matai entered early guilty pleas to the grade five and grade one careless high tackle charges laid against him.
The Kiwi centre copped the grade five charge for an ugly first-half shot on Eels debutant Tom Humble.
The grade one sanction related to a second-half tackle on Test star Jarryd Hayne.
Matai has a poor disciplinary record, causing former judiciary panellist and Kiwi international Darrell Williams to warn him he needs to change his aggressive tackling style.
Source http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/sea-eagles-centre-steve-matai-to-miss-three-games-after-guilty-please-to-high-shot-charges/story-e6frexnr-1225868651950

caspersparks

Juniors
at least its not 4 weeks..
i'm loving the hate he is copping on here..
he alwas puts in 110%, can't ask for anything else