What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 1 vs Warriors @ Sky Stadium, Wellington

Who will win? Round 1: Warriors v Newcastle

• Warriors 13+

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Warriors 1-12

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

• Newcastle Knights 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

perverse

Referee
Kalyn should have taken the money up north honestly. I don't think it would have hurt or helped us in any way, but he'd be closer to a premiership than he is now.

Alex28

Coach
The man asked a question, I gave the obvious answer. Dunno what you want, another year of this I suppose. Another decade maybe.
The club isn’t going to pay 2 years worth of contract out, and then pay a fortune for a Hasler or Flanagan.

That isn’t going to happen. No matter how many times a week you say it.

perverse

Referee
The club isn’t going to pay 2 years worth of contract out, and then pay a fortune for a Hasler or Flanagan.

That isn’t going to happen. No matter how many times a week you say it.
I said what the answer was, not what was going to happen. I have no idea what the club will do or when they will do it - I can just see as plainly as any other fan what needs to be done.

Stop beating around the bush with the argument and just say it. You don't think he should be sacked.

Alex28

Coach
We could run last five years in a row and Alex would be telling us everything is fine
I’m not saying everything is fine. That wasn’t great to watch. It was week 1 with a new spine, but it was for the Warriors as well and they wanted it more.

Why don’t we want it? Why don’t the players want it? Why haven’t the players wanted it as badly as other teams for what - a decade? Two decades?

We have played like players from a one team Town who have achieved enough just playing first grade for a long, long time. That’s not AOB’s fault - it’s ingrained in the club. He’s not the first coach who can’t drag that attitude out of the club.

Mac said in the Sack the Coach post we need a sports psychologist as half a joke - it’s exactly what we need.

perverse

Referee
Eagerly awaiting this press conference. It'll be a good laugh to kick off the rest of my Friday.

Alex28

Coach
Do you know that would be the details of his exit or are you making assumptions?
We are a club run by a bean counter. Profits are success for Phil Gardner - paying AOB close to a million dollars to go away isn’t palatable.

That part of the club isn’t going away until Phil retires.

macavity

Referee
I’m not saying everything is fine. That wasn’t great to watch. It was week 1 with a new spine, but it was for the Warriors as well and they wanted it more.

Why don’t we want it? Why don’t the players want it? Why haven’t the players wanted it as badly as other teams for what - a decade? Two decades?

We have played like players from a one team Town who have achieved enough just playing first grade for a long, long time. That’s not AOB’s fault - it’s ingrained in the club. He’s not the first coach who can’t drag that attitude out of the club.

Mac said in the Sack the Coach post we need a sports psychologist as half a joke - it’s exactly what we need.

I wasn’t joking

Latest posts