What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 11 vs Brisbane @ McDonald Jones Stadium, New Lambton

Who will win? Round 11: Newcastle v Brisbane

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brisbane Broncos 1-12

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Brisbane Broncos 13+

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zoidberg

First Grade
Turned it off after Oates try. First time I’ve not watched the full game in a looooong time

Yosh

Coach
AOB needs to get got...

His half time team talks must be awful. His use of the bench is horrible. Why does he go into his shell when we are behind on the scoreboard? We should get more adventurous when we're down...

K-Man

Bench
What is the one thing you would say most defines what a disaster we’ve been or has frustrated you for 20 years?

For me it’s the the way we consistently concede momentum, field position and ultimately points from our own attacking kicks. It is unbelievable how often we can turn attack into desperate defence with our own ineptitude. Over and over and over.

Jono078

Referee
What is the one thing you would say most defines what a disaster we’ve been or has frustrated you for 20 years?

For me it’s the the way we consistently concede momentum, field position and ultimately points from our own attacking kicks. It is unbelievable how often we can turn attack into desperate defence with our own ineptitude. Over and over and over.
It does happen often - you have to ask why though?

Is it because players dont know what is going to happen? Do we not understand one needs to challenge for the ball and another has to support or be ready to tackle? We have one random bloke go up while the rest watch and hope he does something good. We have too many "watchers" in our team. Is that an effort thing? Is that lack of desire?

I don't know, but I know you're 100% right.

Jono078

Referee
You guys are kidding yourselves if you think he’s going anywhere.
I don't think this comment will age well, but we shall see.

I'd be surprised if he's still here by the end of June, if we only pick up a win or 2 in that time.

Burwood

Bench
I can’t remember the last time we were so poor on the kick chase for bombs. Must have been at least 4 50m+ busts made by the broncos because of lazy players standing around and watching. It’s the effort areas letting the team down so much at the moment.

Sad to see Best injured again, but f**k he’s been ordinary for the last 2 seasons. Not sure what positives he brings to the team anymore.

Jono078

Referee
I can’t remember the last time we were so poor on the kick chase for bombs. Must have been at least 4 50m+ busts made by the broncos because of lazy players standing around and watching. It’s the effort areas letting the team down so much at the moment.

Sad to see Best injured again, but f**k he’s been ordinary for the last 2 seasons. Not sure what positives he brings to the team anymore.
I was going to comment, we use him as a battering ram but he's not even a good battering ram either.

Unfortunate that he looks to have suffered a significant injury but it's not crazy to think his career is at a crossroads..

He'd be on decent money here and I don't see how he commands the same for his next contract.

He's almost at the point where he should ask for a release and go to Melbourne to get 1 year under Bellamy to hopefully save his career.