Match Discussion: Round 13 vs Eels @ ANZ Stadium

Discussion in 'Newcastle Knights' started by LeagueUnlimited News, May 27, 2018.

?

Who will win? Round 13: Eels v Knights

Poll closed Jun 2, 2018.
  1. Parramatta Eels 13+

100.0%
  2. Parramatta Eels 1-12

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Draw after Golden Point

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Newcastle Knights 1-12

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Newcastle Knights 13+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Noname36

Noname36 First Grade

You’re really struggling after that one aren’t you?

LOL not really surprising considering Sione was one of our best and we won convincingly so there’s nothing you can genuinely blame the coach for either.

On another note: really happy to be proven wrong and them being able to put last week behind them and come back with a much better performance. At the end of the day the Eels are horrendous and had injury concerns but you couldn’t have picked us to win against anyone going by the performance against the Sharks last week.

2. Noname36

Noname36 First Grade

You might be coming last but we have the worst run metres in the comp so any improvement there is a positive.

3. mozza91

mozza91 Bench

Whoosh must be in meltdown mode. It’s so tiring pretending to be a Knights fan just ask Robert Dillon.

Frederick, Dave_, Pedge1971 and 3 others like this.
  4. Woosh

Woosh Juniors

I could’ve coached the side from my armchair and collected two wooden spoons as well.

5. Woosh

Woosh Juniors

Yeah how dare Brown give a 20 year old 193cm, 100kgs a go.
    It’s a joke it has taken this long for him to get his chance when we have been crying out for centres.

6. Noname36

Noname36 First Grade

No real Knights fan would choose to focus on Brown’s timing in debuting Corey Bloody Dennis after a convincing win...he just can’t find anything substansive to attack Brown and Sione over this week so has to pathetically grasp at straws lol.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
  7. Swarzey

Swarzey Bench

Whoosh is great to have around. Crisis merchants give me a great f**king laugh, especially when we have nights like tonight and we get to watch them scramble to still shit on the coach/players/club.

Can't wait for us to have a truly great year and I can bring up how much of a dumb merkin people like Whoosh were now.

8. Woosh

Woosh Juniors

At least I give our side a chance of a winning every week no matter how much I bag them.
    You’re a joke.
    Sick of reading your constant crap how we won’t win without Pearce.
    Guess what???
    We won tonight!!

9. Yosh

Yosh First Grade

Whoosh, what the hell was Sione doing in the middle of the field making that amazing run to score that try... Seriously that guy can't do anything right... Why wasn't he waiting on the flank waiting to miss a tackle??

Noname36 and Swarzey like this.
  10. Yosh

Yosh First Grade

I know it's been covered to death in the thread but I had to mention it once more, how good was Saifiti tonight? I didn't know he was capable of an effort like that. Felt like the twins were out there based on the effort. Amazing game.

Really enjoyed Watson's work today as well. I wanna see him try both sides of the attack and keep passing and kicking more. It's much harder to tackle him if he isn't one trick pony. Hopefully the lads continue to improve and are a level better when Pearce returns.

NoSchitSherlock likes this.
  11. Noname36

Noname36 First Grade

Hey, I’m more than happy to be proven wrong in this instance. Brown is a really good coach who is able to draw out some good performances despite the personnel so I should have given us more of a shot in this one.

12. Spot On

Spot On Coach

I tried to watch that game ... but couldn't give it more than 15 - 20 mins. It was deplorable. That Wentworthville side was balls. A lot of the Warriors not much better.

The Kiwi 5/8's first kick in general play was a prelude to the standard unfortunately.

13. Spot On

Spot On Coach

This made lol..... because it's almost true.

Poor JT copped a whack last week and everyone in league was seething.

Lewis does nearly the same thing to Ponga and they didn't bother replaying the tackle till he went off for HIA.

Just one example of the inconsistency

Hopefully Ponga takes over from JT as the game's 'sweetheart' and opposition are penalised or suspended if they attempt to tackle him .... or look at him. Then Ponga can make comment on the incident in the media before it goes to the judiciary (which you are not supposed to do) to give the panel more weight (the weight of public opinion) to punish said culprit.

alexwilliams_66692007 likes this.
  14. Zoidberg

Zoidberg Bench

Maybe looking through rose tinted goggles but most of the “questionable” calls from last night were correct imo.
    The pass from Levi to Safiti for his try looked forward from the camera behind but the shot from the front you could see it wasn’t.
    Jennings to the bin, I don’t know if it was worth a sin bin, definitely a penalty though.
    I have no idea how Moeroa wasn’t sent off last night after the shoulder to Heighno’s face.

Edit: actually a big one against us was the “held” call on Buhrer, if that went to video ref it’s a try. Then just before half time Parra made a big break from an offload made after the ref clearly called “that’s 4”, if that lead to a try I would’ve been fuming.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
  15. Spot On

Spot On Coach

I think the Jennings send off was consistent with some of the professional fouls this year. Had he already turned and began chasing along side Fitzy and contact was made then all kosher. But that's not what happened.

Moeroa's shoulder to the head was bad - deliberate. Should have gone for that and will cop suspension - surely.

A lot of forward passes were let go for both sides last night.

Zoidberg likes this.
  16. Yosh

Yosh First Grade

The first five minutes was a fantastic way to set a platform for the rest of the game. We took the game to the Eels with different types of set plays and kicks and turned it on immediately. Hopefully the days where we start by giving away 14 points are behind us.

17. alexwilliams_66692007

alexwilliams_66692007 Bench

Ese'ese back next week.. Hopefully D. Saf can keep up the great form he showed last night and we can actually have a strong front row rotation!

18. Willie Ray

Willie Ray Juniors

that was a really good win coming off a flogging the previous week,i thought they would've been crap but I'm glad I was wrong...hopefully Denniss stays in 1st grade and gets some experience,
    Ramien,Denniss and Ponga...looking ahead there's some strike weapons in the backline for next season.

19. Joel-22

Joel-22 Juniors

does anyone else think Denniss played well enough to hold that centre spot?
    I thought he played better in his first game than Ross has all year.

Still Nutty likes this.
  20. Spot On

Spot On Coach

That's what it looked like. The opposition is the only query on the quality of his performance but they are all in that boat aren't they.

I don't think there's much doubt that something happened during the week to cause a huge shift in attitude, effort and application within that team last night. Parra were shit house no doubt but we stuck at doing all the things we haven't been doind for a hell of a lot longer.

Will be interesting to see if that's the case against our next 2 opponents.