What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 14 vs Roosters @ Campbelltown Stadium

Who will win? Round 14: Wests Tigers v Roosters

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2017 - Round 14
Wests Tigers v Sydney Roosters
Campbelltown Stadium, Leumeah (TICKETS)
Sunday 11 June 2017

Gates 11:30am / ISP 11:45am / NYC 1:45pm / NRL 4pm

WST-17teamlist.jpg

1. James Tedesco 2. David Nofoaluma 3. Michael Chee-Kam 4. Moses Suli 5. Kevin Naiqama 6. Tuimoala Lolohea 7. Jack Littlejohn 8. Aaron Woods 9. Matt McIlwrick 10. Ava Seumanufagai 11. Sauaso Sue 12. Kyle Lovett 13. Elijah Taylor
Interchange: 14. Tim Grant 15. Jj Felise 16. Esan Marsters 17. Jacob Liddle 18. Matthew Eisenhuth 19. Malakai Watene-Zelezniak 20. Jordan Rankin 21. Joel Edwards

SYD-17teamlist.jpg

1. Michael Gordon 2. Daniel Tupou 3. Latrell Mitchell 4. Joseph Manu 5. Blake Ferguson 6. Luke Keary 7. Mitchell Pearce 8. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves 9. Jake Friend 10. Dylan Napa 11. Boyd Cordner 12. Mitchell Aubusson 13. Sio Siua Taukeiaho
Interchange: 14. Isaac Liu 15. Aidan Guerra 16. Ryan Matterson 17. Connor Watson 18. Zane Tetevano 19. Kane Evans 20. Chris Smith 22. Mitchell Cornish

LU_TeamPanel_REF-Yellow.jpg

Referees: Grant Atkins, Alan Shortall
Sideline Officials: Dave Ryan, Chris McMillan
Video Referees: Bernard Sutton, Ben Galea

NYC - Sun 1:45pm at Campbelltown

ISP - Wests Tigers host Wyong (Roosters) at Campbelltown, Sun 11:45am​

Last edited by a moderator:
We're going to get f**king dicked big time this weekend.

Going to make sure I am plenty drunk to deal with this one.

Clifferd

Coach
Roosters are a bad match up for us. This will be no different

If we can keep the deficit to less than 30 we've done well

Vic Mackey

Referee
At the coaches night I went to back in 2015 Jason taylor said when he was at the roosters the forwards would always say how much they loved playing the tigers cause 'they don't tackle us hard.'

He said he was trying to change that and had told this to the Tigers forward to motivate them. The way he was saying it he seemed frustrated so I'm guessing they just plain didn't care.

Clifferd

Coach
At the coaches night I went to back in 2015 Jason taylor said when he was at the roosters the forwards would always say how much they loved playing the tigers cause 'they don't tackle us hard.'

He said he was trying to change that and had told this to the Tigers forward to motivate them. The way he was saying it he seemed frustrated so I'm guessing they just plain didn't care.

Wouldn't Be surprised. Josh Hodgson said something similar earlier this year in saying that the raiders love playing the tigers as of late because they are certain they can just smash us up the middle

Only saw the first half last week and going on that effort i kept thinking any side with a decent attack would of put plenty on us.This mob seem to towel us up pretty easy every time.

magpie_man

Juniors
I still have nightmares about the shellacking we copped from them at Campbelltown back in '04.
The only game I've ever left at halftime.

Vozzy

Juniors
Yes that was 56-0 and was one week after losing 50-0 til the dragons. I had never been more down as a tigers fan after those 2 weeks. One year later we won the comp. Never seen such a turn around.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Yes that was 56-0 and was one week after losing 50-0 til the dragons. I had never been more down as a tigers fan after those 2 weeks. One year later we won the comp. Never seen such a turn around.

The roosters one was a weird game. We dominated for the first 10-15 mins and I think hadn't a couple of tries disallowed. The roosters scored to make it 6-0 then we nearly scored but a loose pass got scooped up by the roosters who went 90m to score. Then for the last 20mins I don't think we touched the ball and were down 40-0 at halftime.

It was really odd cause as strange as it sounds we hadn't been that bad.

Tiger Ted

Bench
I still have nightmares about the shellacking we copped from them at Campbelltown back in '04.
Geez we've put in numerous abysmal performances particularly against the roosters.
There was another game against them @ Allianz approx 4-5 yrs ago on a Sunday arvo & late in the season where we were so pathetic I decided to leave game @ half time & went to the clock hotel in Surry hills so I could erase the horrendous performance from my memory.I ended up meeting & having a beer & great chat with Roy Masters.He couldn't hang around for long as he was getting up early to meet Tommy R so they could go for a massive walk in prep for the Kokoda trail.

Clifferd

Coach
The only game I've been to where I've left at half time was that Souffs game at anz 5 odd years ago. Gee we were horrendous in that first half, literally every set Souffs made a break up the middle and I think we were down 30-0 at half time.

I listened to the radio on the way home and little do you know we actually made the scoreline respectable in the end and only lost 31-18

Vic Mackey

Referee
Geez we've put in numerous abysmal performances particularly against the roosters.
There was another game against them @ Allianz approx 4-5 yrs ago on a Sunday arvo & late in the season where we were so pathetic I decided to leave game @ half time & went to the clock hotel in Surry hills so I could erase the horrendous performance from my memory.I ended up meeting & having a beer & great chat with Roy Masters.He couldn't hang around for long as he was getting up early to meet Tommy R so they could go for a massive walk in prep for the Kokoda trail.

From memory that was 2012. It was round 25 and we needed to win to likely seal 8th spot. Easts we're coming 2nd last and lead us 26-0 at halftime. Was utterly pathetic.

I remember going to the game with my gf at the time who didn't real like footy. She asked me a million questions during the game and at halftime said 'is losing 26-0 good?' I answered not so nicely, we had a massive fight and broke up a week later

Last edited:

super_coach

First Grade
We can't beat the Chooks when we are going okay, so you would expect this to get ugly. In saying that East seem to be playing in second gear at present so maybe getting them to drive all the way out to Cambo we just might get them on a off day.

I have negative vibes as I still remember Beau Ryan getting taken out while trying to take a bomb with minutes to go with the Chooks scoring to win by a couple of points. We will need all the luck and than some more luck to win this one