What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 14 vs Roosters @ Campbelltown Stadium

Who will win? Round 14: Wests Tigers v Roosters

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tigerm

First Grade
The team has just come through on email I can't believe what an ordinary looking team we are fielding.
I suppose its the best we've got & shows why IC has made his moves for next year.

Last edited:

magpie_man

Juniors
Yes that was 56-0 and was one week after losing 50-0 til the dragons. I had never been more down as a tigers fan after those 2 weeks. One year later we won the comp. Never seen such a turn around.

That was an excruciating fortnight indeed. I attended the Dragons game at Kogarah too but managed to make myself endure the agony until the final 10 minutes.

magpie_man

Juniors
Geez we've put in numerous abysmal performances particularly against the roosters.
There was another game against them @ Allianz approx 4-5 yrs ago on a Sunday arvo & late in the season where we were so pathetic I decided to leave game @ half time & went to the clock hotel in Surry hills so I could erase the horrendous performance from my memory.I ended up meeting & having a beer & great chat with Roy Masters.He couldn't hang around for long as he was getting up early to meet Tommy R so they could go for a massive walk in prep for the Kokoda trail.

That's a nice silver lining right there!

Tiger05

First Grade
That was an excruciating fortnight indeed. I attended the Dragons game at Kogarah too but managed to make myself endure the agony until the final 10 minutes.

I was on holidays at that point and dragged the family (the kids were a lot younger then) to both games at the local RSL. It was a nightmare.

Tiger Ted

Bench
From memory that was 2012. It was round 25 and we needed to win to likely seal 8th spot. Easts we're coming 2nd last and lead us 26-0 at halftime. Was utterly pathetic.

I remember going to the game with my gf at the time who didn't real like footy. She asked me a million questions during the game and at halftime said 'is losing 26-0 good?' I answered not so nicely, we had a massive fight and broke up a week later
I took 2 nephews aged 11 & 12 at the time to the game but I was so damn ropeable I couldn't stomach another minute of the diabolical lifeless rubbish we were dishing out that @ half time I arranged for a relative who was at the game to drive my nephews home while I went and had 6 schooners at the Clock.

Btw how many times over the last 10 yrs have we snatched 9th spot from the jaws of 8th spot over the last few rounds of season.

What cracks me up is the self entitled spoilt dogs supporters carrying on like the sky has fallen in coz they get towelled by the panthers on Sunday & this from fans who get to permanently c there team play finals footy ! U've got to wonder how many suicides there'd b out Belmore way if they missed the finals as often as we did !!

Tiger Ted

Bench
That's a nice silver lining right there!
It certainly was magpie.I was stoked to spend time chatting with a very wise & amiable Roy.He was down from Melb where he lives for a few days catching up with family.Id luv to c him again particularly as I owe him a beer.

Clifferd

Coach
How bad are Brooksies hamstrings? Isn't this the 3rd time they've played up on him in 2 years. If we are to have much success next year we are going to need him and renoylds fully fit for majority of the year

It's starting to become a worry

Tiger Ted

Bench
How bad are Brooksies hamstrings? Isn't this the 3rd time they've played up on him in 2 years. If we are to have much success next year we are going to need him and renoylds fully fit for majority of the year

Clifford I was discussing the exact same thing with a mate y'day re Brooks's damn chronic hammy issues.I have no doubt that IC will have a contingency in place as it's well documented that hammy injuries r very eratic & the time frame re successful rehab is an unknown.

I'd luv us to b able to sign Watson but just can't imagine the rorters letting him go.He is a deadset gun who can competently play in various key positions.If we did get him the truth is he could easily jump Brooks in the pecking order for a scrum base position.

Clifferd

Coach
Clifford I was discussing the exact same thing with a mate y'day re Brooks's damn chronic hammy issues.I have no doubt that IC will have a contingency in place as it's well documented that hammy injuries r very eratic & the time frame re successful rehab is an unknown.

I'd luv us to b able to sign Watson but just can't imagine the rorters letting him go.He is a deadset gun who can competently play in various key positions.If we did get him the truth is he could easily jump Brooks in the pecking order for a scrum base position.

If Brooks could stay on the field I have no doubt he'd be a gun as he's shown under the 4 or so games under ic he's a sublime player. Hopefully in offseason there's a plan to strengthen his hammies so this doesn't happen again. We need him more than not imo, but yes I agree a back up half wouldn't hurt

Vozzy

Juniors
Are kevin Naquima and Chee Kam on contract next year?

Cos we have MWZ now and he can't crack the team getting beaten by these 2.

Naquima has improved being moved to wing outside Suli.

With Thompson Fonua and Milne coming that's a lot of players fighting for same spot. Naquima still seems liked cos he still starts?

Vic Mackey

Referee
Are kevin Naquima and Chee Kam on contract next year?

Cos we have MWZ now and he can't crack the team getting beaten by these 2.

Naquima has improved being moved to wing outside Suli.

With Thompson Fonua and Milne coming that's a lot of players fighting for same spot. Naquima still seems liked cos he still starts?

MCK is here next year and naquimas been offered a contract but by all reports is likely going to the ESL

BrotherJim05

Bench
Naiqama is so much better playing on the wing it's not funny. Would be great to keep him on for depth but if he can get an offer in UK at centre then you imagine he would take it

leaguelegend21

Juniors
Naiqama is an absolute abomination. There is no way he is getting re-signed next year given we have netted an array of gun backs. f**k off 'Grace Jones'.

Kev has had plenty of opportunities to establish himself unfortunately his weaknesses in defence have never improved during his fg career.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Naiqama is so much better playing on the wing it's not funny. Would be great to keep him on for depth but if he can get an offer in UK at centre then you imagine he would take it
We will have adequate depth without this turnstile.He will fit in perfectly in the defence challenged super league.

Tiger05

First Grade
I like Kev and as a back-up player he is a great option. The reality is though that we have bought extremely well and it's unlikely he will see first grade next season unless we have a tonne of injuries.

Latest posts