What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 20 vs Dragons @ ANZ Stadium

Who will win? Round 20: Dragons v Wests Tigers

• St. George Illawarra Dragons 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ron's_Mate

Bench
I wonder if Taylor was waiting until after Origin to drop Farah - just so they couldn't say he was picked from reserve grade to play for NSW.

Tigerm

First Grade
Well the club seem to be supporting this

Wests Tigers can confirm that Robbie Farah will not play for the Club’s first-grade team on Sunday against the St. George-Illawarra Dragons.

Head Coach Jason Taylor informed Farah on Wednesday that he will not be in the NRL team to face St. George-Illawarra this Sunday.

“This was not an easy decision to make, but I have selected the 17 players that I believe will give the Club the best chance of victory against the Dragons,” Taylor said.

“Robbie is understandably disappointed, but I have spoken at length with him that he will be given every opportunity to regain his position in the NRL team."

Farah will play for the Club’s Intrust Super Premiership team on Saturday, July 23 against Newtown Jets at Leichhardt Oval.

Tiger05

First Grade
At least your hero Halatau will go out on top as our No 1 hooker

I wouldn't play Halatau at hooker if Robbie and Cherrington were available. I'd play him at 2nd row. I reckon Halatau is a good solid player but he isn't anywhere near the class of Robbie.

BuffaloRules

Coach
Fair
I wouldn't play Halatau at hooker if Robbie and Cherrington were available. I'd play him at 2nd row. I reckon Halatau is a good solid player but he isn't anywhere near the class of Robbie.

Fair enough...

I am in shock with this decision..Farah has given his all even off the bench

I cannot see any reason for it...

Tigers Tale

Juniors
Good forward planning Taylor you knob. Halatau is retiring next year and ET is still to be resigned for next year. At least get someone in there who can play hooker for the rest of this year and maybe next.

Tigerm

First Grade
Fair

Fair enough...

I am in shock with this decision..Farah has given his all even off the bench

I cannot see any reason for it...

I find it strange that they seemed to have chose to rub his face in it, by sending out a press release.

Trollhammaren

Juniors
Laughable when you think of the dozens of muppets who have represented our club over the years who no matter how shit they played never ever got dropped to reserve grade.

It's simple now, this is make-or-break. Could be a stroke of genius from JT, but if it isn't and we don't make the finals he can't be here next year.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
"Taylor is strongly of the opinion Farah doesn't allow young superstars Mitchell Moses, Luke Brooks and James Tedesco to play with the same freedom and authority when he is on the field."

Never have I read such bullshit.

Farah has stunted his style so much so as to help out the young guys and do what the coach wants.

Now the coach drops him and says its not enough.

Its clear Taylor wants zero creativity at dummy half, which explains why he likes Halatau and Taylor there, as opposed to Cherrington or Farah.

f**king shits me that this muppet is incapable of managing his players or finding a way to maximise the assets all of his players provide.

Instead he's hell f**king bent on trying to force square pegs into round holes, because he only knows one way to coach.

I've never seen such a limited, egomaniacal, stupid man to ever work as an NRL coach for this long before.

Tiger05

First Grade
"Taylor is strongly of the opinion Farah doesn't allow young superstars Mitchell Moses, Luke Brooks and James Tedesco to play with the same freedom and authority when he is on the field."

Never have I read such bullshit.

Farah has stunted his style so much so as to help out the young guys and do what the coach wants.

Now the coach drops him and says its not enough.

Its clear Taylor wants zero creativity at dummy half, which explains why he likes Halatau and Taylor there, as opposed to Cherrington or Farah.

f**king shits me that this muppet is incapable of managing his players or finding a way to maximise the assets all of his players provide.

Instead he's hell f**king bent on trying to force square pegs into round holes, because he only knows one way to coach.

I've never seen such a limited, egomaniacal, stupid man to ever work as an NRL coach for this long before.

It's one of the all time pieces of bullshit that I've heard. It reminds me of the time I told my wife that the drink I was giving her wasn't spiked.

JT has played Halatau and ET at the dummy half role and the service was considerably poorer.

Can you imagine if when Sironen was dropped the coach said he doesn't allow Tedesco to play his natural game. It's so freaken stupid. Pick the best player.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Laughable when you think of the dozens of muppets who have represented our club over the years who no matter how shit they played never ever got dropped to reserve grade.

It's simple now, this is make-or-break. Could be a stroke of genius from JT, but if it isn't and we don't make the finals he can't be here next year.

Err, tigers are coming 11th WITH Farah in the team.....

I promised myself that I'd give the posting on here away and forget about the Tigers for this year now, but couldn't help myself.

I would like to know why was Farah named in the 17 for this weeks game, why was he included in the video produced by the club and still available on their web site, for the 17 players this week.

Surely Taylor knew he was doing this prior to the team announcement?
From some of the quotes attributed to Taylor, surely he knew on Tuesday and before handing his team list over, that Farah couldn't work with the halves and the 17 announced players were the best team to play against the Dragons.

Didn't someone say that Cherrington questioned Taylor on why he was giving a 35 year old game time and that resulted in he, Cherrington, not been sighted this year?

Makes me wonder what was said by Farah to Taylor after the team announcement on Tuesday.

Trollhammaren

Juniors
I promised myself that I'd give the posting on here away and forget about the Tigers for this year now, but couldn't help myself.

I would like to know why was Farah named in the 17 for this weeks game, why was he included in the video produced by the club and still available on their web site, for the 17 players this week.

Surely Taylor knew he was doing this prior to the team announcement?
From some of the quotes attributed to Taylor, surely he knew on Tuesday and before handing his team list over, that Farah couldn't work with the halves and the 17 announced players were the best team to play against the Dragons.

Didn't someone say that Cherrington questioned Taylor on why he was giving a 35 year old game time and that resulted in he, Cherrington, not been sighted this year?

Makes me wonder what was said by Farah to Taylor after the team announcement on Tuesday.

JT said none of the players trained on Tuesday, and Farah was still away on leave, so he waited until he returned to training yesterday before telling him the news face-to-face. Seems fair enough. Looked shit at first.

JT said none of the players trained on Tuesday, and Farah was still away on leave, so he waited until he returned to training yesterday before telling him the news face-to-face. Seems fair enough. Looked shit at first.
Trollhammaren, don't you believe that it looks very amateurish though? Surely, Farah could have been called into the office (on his day off), surely the coach could have tracked him down via his manager,

No doubt many supporters would have, on Tuesday night and Wednesday morning, looked at the team and said, 20 minutes for Dene again before Farah comes on....but no.

The club and its management during this long saga has just IMO looked amateurish, immature and childish in its entire operations.

Tigers Tale

Juniors
Not happy with what has happened with Farah but at least Cherrington will be playing so there will not be too much swapping of players. This result is what Taylor is banking his future on.....