What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 21 vs Wests Tigers @ McDonald Jones Stadium

Who will win? Round 21: Knights v Wests Tigers

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Wests Tigers 1-12

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Swarzey

Bench
Bennett had a significantly better squad with players who won premierships, played top tier representative footy.

Brown at one stage had the youngest and most inexperienced NRL team ever fielded.

but nah they're comparable.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Old dog

Juniors
Jeez it's good to be a Knights supporter and read all these positive comments, so proud to be one of you.

Bartwah

Juniors
*whispers more than anyone could*

Wayne Bennet took us one game from a Grand Final.

Brown has won 2x wooden spoons

``````

Now, getting that out of the way, our squad is awful. Dennis, King and Sio are not first grade standard. A few more players etc etc etc etc we probably go okay etc etc etc etc
And we comfortably upgrade all those guys next year with Glasby, Ramien and Lee

Old dog

Juniors
For next year we need to keep all our current first grade side, played today plus those out injured and sign 6-7 better than them and we then have a competitive side.

BuderusIsaBeast

Juniors
We definetley weren’t great however I think there are some overreactions here. I thought we fought back hard to get back to within 6. Espeicallly losing Pearce for the entire second half. Not to mention the game was 3 tried each. Difference being penalty goals. Obviously room for improvement but hardly our worse game

Pedge1971

First Grade
Who honestly expected us to be in the 8 this year anyways. Next year:
1) Ponga
2) Lee/SKD
3) ramien
4) Moga
5) Hunt?
Not the worst back 5 next year. Really need some props ASAP. In no grade should King be the starting prop

I had us 10th, we are just below that and wont improve. So not a pass mark in my books but not a hard fail either.

Clearly needs a proper defensive coach which he has identified and is trying to get.

Pedge1971

First Grade
Yawn. You know what is realistic, making his players better. Apparently because Brown can't do that he needs to bring in the finished article.

For someone who appears to have a deep love affair with the Storm, he is the anti-Craig bellamy.

Oh, and good to see we're still blaming Bennett over 4 years since he left. Still a few miles left in that one I reckon.

Ok lets sack him. Who will u sign Mr CEO?

I'm over Levi trying to milk penalties and giving them away when he holds on.
The refs are on to him.
I thought it was the enthusiasm of our young guys such as Sione and Ponga that got us back onto the game (I'll add Cogger to that) with Guerra and Heigho really pushing it on.
Sio had a shocker

Knight Vision

First Grade
Oh, and good to see we're still blaming Bennett over 4 years since he left. Still a few miles left in that one I reckon.

And the myth that is Bennett said himself as he ran out the door " it will take at least 5 years to make the club competitive again " such is the depth of shit that asshole left the club in.

We're 3 years down the rack for Brown, he's doing a great job. The man has a set of kahuna's thats for sure. no quick fixes and doing it the right way and consolidating our future.

Jono078

Referee
I will not watch another game that Josh King plays. I was a fan of what I thought I saw with his potential but I don't think it's unfair to say he's the worst player getting a gig in the NRL each round.

He's soft, slow and of no benefit to the team.

Glendale

Juniors
I had us 10th, we are just below that and wont improve. So not a pass mark in my books but not a hard fail either.

Clearly needs a proper defensive coach which he has identified and is trying to get.

Yep I think this season we’ve performed about as well as we should have. The goal before the year started in my mind was to get to 10 wins and to be atleast in and around the top 8 at the end of the season, anything above that would’ve been a great season. I think that is a realistic target would’ve been a good milestone to make considering where we’ve come from.

So here we are with 4 games to go and we have 8 wins, so that’s a pass mark for me.

There is no doubt though that we were cruelled with injuries that could’ve stopped us getting higher up the table and getting some more wins. A major factor that needs to be considered when you analyse our season is that due to injuries we’ve had our first choice spine on the field for only 2 full games this year. It’s almost impossible to have a successful season if you can’t leep your spine fully fit, we’ve certainly been unlucky there.

The way I see it, next year we have to make the finals and there are no excuses for Brown. But to say that he doesn’t deserve the chance to see his project through and have a real crack with the squad he built on the basis of a few bad games in 2018 is absolutely ridiculous. He has done a great job rebuilding this team back to a place where we are competitive again and has earnt the right to see it through. Next year is make or break.

Burwood

Bench
I will not watch another game that Josh King plays. I was a fan of what I thought I saw with his potential but I don't think it's unfair to say he's the worst player getting a gig in the NRL each round.

He's soft, slow and of no benefit to the team.

I’m not sure how it’s possible, but he’s somehow found a way to become a worse player since turning professional. If he wants to improve, maybe it’s time for him to go back to TAFE and only train once a week again.

Jono078

Referee
I’m not sure how it’s possible, but he’s somehow found a way to become a worse player since turning professional. If he wants to improve, maybe it’s time for him to go back to TAFE and only train once a week again.
Too right. I had some hope for him. We've had some bad forwards over the past decade but he's right at the bottom of that list IMO.

mozza91

Coach
Was happy with the 2nd half. Showed plenty of fight without Pearce. Cogger and especially Ponga aimed up big time.

Still doesn’t make up for the pathetic 1st half though. That shit was embarrassing.

Zoidberg

First Grade
The way I see it, next year we have to make the finals and there are no excuses for Brown. Next year is make or break.
This.

This year if we win 10 games that’s a big enough improvement with the troops we have. Injuries have played a big part in our season and may stop us from getting the 10 wins.
We need to get some signings during the off season though, more big bodies and more depth. If that doesn’t happen we will be in the same position in 12 months.

Vic Mackey

Referee
From an outsider I dont think the Knights are that far off. Last night was a disasture but that happens. Recruitment for next year is good. If Ponga/Watson/Pearce play 80% of the year I think you're a real shot at the 8.

Need Slade Griffin to be fit to start the year though, Levi is garbage. Wouldnt surprise at all if you have a crack at Liddle for 2020. Hes a Central Coast boy and if we play Farah next year I cant see him hanging around.