What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 22 vs Panthers @ Pepper Stadium

Who will win? Round 22: Panthers v Wests Tigers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
rooted GC's season last week. Time to put penrith on life support.

I give us a very good chance of winning this weekend. No doubt penrith will see it as a win and play into our hands just like parra and GC did.

Looking forward to the pack putting in another big effort and sticking it to their more fancied opponents.

Clifferd

Coach
rooted GC's season last week. Time to put penrith on life support.

I give us a very good chance of winning this weekend. No doubt penrith will see it as a win and play into our hands just like parra and GC did.

Looking forward to the pack putting in another big effort and sticking it to their more fancied opponents.

Will be a huge effort if we can stop the forward momentum of RCG, Tamou, CNH and Latu

Clifferd

Coach
Peachey, Moylan (if he plays) and Cartwright normally give us a severe fisting. Need to watch out for those players

simmo1

First Grade
I remember saying before we played them in round 2 that the Panthers were overrated. We had all the running early on in that game and probably should have been up by two tries before the floodgates opened.

I still don't think they're much chop. They have that 2007-9 Tigers feel about them. They play attractive footy but are downhill skiers. Have they beaten anyone remotely decent this year?

In saying that, given they have more to play for, you'd expect Penrith to win here.

BrotherJim05

Bench
I hope we really give it to the panthers. I don't even care if we win, just want to see some blood.

If MM can handle 80 minutes then f**k me we are in good shape for next year

I have been happy that the guys who will be there next year are getting more minutes, Twal, Eisenhuth & Marsters for example. The season is/was well and truly over so why not see how they go and IC has seen it and is no doubt impressed. I guess he couldn't drop every player, e.g. Woods & Teddy and there is still the salary cap issue that comes into play.

So whilst I would have had 'funguy' there, I don't think he would have been a good enough backup for the 7 or 9 spot.

McIlwrick played 77 minutes last week, surely he can go another 3 this week?

The only thing I can think of is that ET may not play with his injury and JLJ might be cover in case MM does go down as ET won't be there to cover in a pinch.

I hope Cleary chances it and doesn't bother though, the season is over anyway may as well get some legs in Aloiai or Felise.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
I suspect that Ava is being left out due to ill discipline. Been sin binned twice for dumb stuff, like throwing a punch that didn't connect. Think Ivan is sending him and the other players a message about discipline.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I think with Ava it's more about next year. Teddy and Woods are Origin players so they keep their spots. Ava is a first grader. Sue, Grant, Eiso and Twal all performing at a similar and are expected to be here in 18. Feel for Ava as he seems like a great bloke and has always put in but it makes sense to me.

Tiger Woody

Juniors
I suspect that Ava is being left out due to ill discipline. Been sin binned twice for dumb stuff, like throwing a punch that didn't connect. Think Ivan is sending him and the other players a message about discipline.

This could be true as hes been on the angry pills lately.
2 sinbins and slapping Wobbie as well.
Plus not at the club in 2018 so give the ones who are a go in front of him.
Nice guy it seems,but not intimidating or an enforcer,so best to let him go.

simmo05

Bench
Just saw we have only won once at home. Thats f**ked! Maybe ic should make the team live in hotels like furner made canberra do for a while. We are a proper chance at peppers

Vozzy

Juniors
Can see this being an error filled game. Bit like the parra game will go down to wire. Last 4 games tigers have been in scrappy games but we have been in the game and had chances to win all of them. It seems to suit us and the other teams are dropping to our level.

Tigers1986

Juniors
With Newcastle winning, it's huge motivation to us to maintain that 4-point gap on the spoon. However, the Dragons lost and if Manly also lose, then Penrith can jump from 9th to 7th by beating us so they have it all to play for really tomorrow.

I'm liking how we've been playing the last month, and Penrith don't have much with Moylan out and I'm sure Ivan would have a plan to nullify Nathan, but I still think Penrith will scrape a tight one. Still, we have an OK record against them out there, and carefree footy can take advantage of sides petrified to mess up (i.e Titans last week).

With Newcastle winning, it's huge motivation to us to maintain that 4-point gap on the spoon. However, the Dragons lost and if Manly also lose, then Penrith can jump from 9th to 7th by beating us so they have it all to play for really tomorrow.

Agree, our incentive is to stay clear of the Knights, try and catch and jump above the Titans and the Bulldogs. Hopefully Penrith stuff up their 'motivation'.

Tiger Ted

Bench
If the dimwits Naiqama Nofa & Brooks don't concede the 3 tries they have a habit of gifting the opp through poor defensive reads or pissweak tackling then we can certainly win it.

If the dimwits Naiqama Nofa & Brooks don't concede the 3 tries
I believe that Naiqama and Brooks defended pretty well. I think it was the winger at fault for Panthers 2nd try, not Naiqama.

Our #9 needs to go to specsavers,I have no idea who he thinks he is passing it to.
He came good thank heavens and gee he does punch above his size with his defence.

How good not to concede a try just b4 half time and to actually score one.

Tiger05

First Grade
Yep - our hooker is decent but he definitely isn't anywhere near the class of Liddle. Some shocking plays. Tui has been pretty freaken good. The Turd is a great player but a merkin of a person. Woods is just shit - thank god he is going. Sue is good but geez the mistakes in his game are unacceptable.

Twal, Eisenhuth, ET, Marsters & Nofo have all been really good.