What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 25 vs Cowboys @ Campbelltown Stadium

Who will win? Round 25: Wests Tigers v Cowboys

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiger Woody

Juniors
100% confirmed out mate

For all the shit we give Luke Brooks he is 100x better than Littlejohn..f**k me he couldn't create something if he hit him in the face

Sadly I think we'll lose this in a close one now.

Me too Cliff...
Littlejohn gives us zero impact.
But we have nobody else do we.

Only 2 games to go , thank god.

I can still see us giving this a good shake. If Brookes, ET, and Lawrence were I'd say 13+ but now we'll just sqeak it out.

This will be a good test in the face of a fair bit of adversity. Especially for some of our younger guys

Tiger05

First Grade
Is Brooks definitely out. I went to the tigers website and on the pre game summary they said Brooks was playing.

Clifferd

Coach
Is Brooks definitely out. I went to the tigers website and on the pre game summary they said Brooks was playing.

That's because he won't be officially ruled out until 8pm or something, 24 hrs before we kick off.

Had the captains run today and must've failed a fitness test

Why not throw Sironen the Younger into the 7 role.

Assume his defence is OK, at best, LittleJohn's is only OK.
Assume as a 5/8 he can kick a ball ?
Assume as a 5/8 he can pass a ball ?
Pass the ball and let Tui & Teddy run the show and just backup, gee why couldn't LittleJohn do that :oops:

super_coach

First Grade
Brooks was never going to play that is why Siro was selected and if you saw the way Brooks was kicking his long defensive kicks against the Chooks, you could tell his hammy were shot.

Apparently Siro has been shadowing Dummy half work this week at training, so you would think he may be the one to give M &M's a rest. No Taylor,No Brooks and no lawrence all adds up to a long night even against a injury ridden Cowboys team

super_coach

First Grade
Sirro will play in the halves surely.

My guess he will have a long night on the planks, before giving the no9 a breather. I really can't see Cleary giving a makeshift no6 a run in the halves in his first NRL gig. Of course I could be wrong, but Cleary doesn't strike me as a gambler

super_coach

First Grade
As for the result tonight, after being super competitive for well over a month now, I think the wheels could fall off tonight. I just think Brooks and Taylor are big holes to fill

It's a big test of the resolve. Can we still stack up missing a couple of key players?

I know Brooks has struggled with short kicking and 5th tackle options but he still does 80% of the things required of an NRL halfback at or above average. JLJ is a significant downgrade. I'd be tempted to ice Brooks for round 26 and let him have an early off season.

If we still pull it off it'll be a cracking win.

Tiger Ted

Bench
It's a big test of the resolve. Can we still stack up missing a couple of key players?

I know Brooks has struggled with short kicking and 5th tackle options but he still does 80% of the things required of an NRL halfback at or above average. JLJ is a significant downgrade. I'd be tempted to ice Brooks for round 26 and let him have an early off season.

If we still pull it off it'll be a cracking win.
I'd also like WT to have informed us of the precise extent of Suli's injury.Geez we could've used this kid over the last month.Suli & Marsters r a precocious centre pairing & Im not as convinced as others that Milne is automatically going to leapfrog Esan into the centres next season !!

Also does anybody know anything re the attributes of the centre from Holden cup T.Tali who has been added to our nrl squad for next season ?

I'd also like WT to have informed us of the precise extent of Suli's injury.Geez we could've used this kid over the last month.Suli & Marsters r a precocious centre pairing & Im not as convinced as others that Milne is automatically going to leapfrog Esan into the centres next season !!

Also does anybody know anything re the attributes of the centre from Holden cup T.Tali who has been added to our nrl squad for next season ?

Apparently it's an injury that may require further surgery so they're abstaining from playing him in the hope to avoid it. Must be a major operation that may threaten him next year if that is the case.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Apparently it's an injury that may require further surgery so they're abstaining from playing him in the hope to avoid it. Must be a major operation that may threaten him next year if that is the case.
Geez I hope he recovers 100% for the beginning of '18 season

May require and trying to avoid it, it sounds like the Tigers medical unit of old.

If 2nd & 3rd opinion say surgery, wouldn't you have the surgery sooner so he has longer to recover? I guess that's why I'm not a doctor or an administrator within the Tigers back office.

Vic Mackey

Referee
is anyone else questioning going tonight? friday night traffic, horrible wind, freezing night, our only half out in a nothing game.

ill probably still go cause i have great seats at CSG but geez its hard to get motivated..

Vic Mackey

Referee
I know Brooks has struggled with short kicking and 5th tackle options but he still does 80% of the things required of an NRL halfback at or above average. .

pretty good summation of brooks. he cops more flak then he deserves imo. problem is when he gets it wrong he gets it really wrong

Trollhammaren

Juniors
Brooks' average kicking game is still a lot better than the totally non-existent kicking game of anyone else. He's a massive loss. f**k...

Vic Mackey

Referee
It's situations like this where signing benji will prove a master stroke next year. He is 4 years older then Reynolds, 10 years older then Brooks but fitter then both of them.

Tiger Woody

Juniors
May require and trying to avoid it, it sounds like the Tigers medical unit of old.

If 2nd & 3rd opinion say surgery, wouldn't you have the surgery sooner so he has longer to recover? I guess that's why I'm not a doctor or an administrator within the Tigers back office.

Yeah TT..You think too logically to be on our staff.
Geez i would have loved a job at Tigers just on recruitment before Ivan appeared......But now IC is in control i'm no hope....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts