What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 5 vs Dragons @ ANZ Stadium

Who will win? Round 5: Wests Tigers v Dragons

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Radical Rat

Juniors
I reckon our middle forwards are great and we have depth there as well. I reckon Lawrence is good as well. The problem with Lawrence is that he is inconsistent but maybe he needs a spell or two.

We don't have a right edge forward though and we need to fix that.

I also think we aren't as far off as it seems. Getting rid of Taylor was a big step forward. Add in a couple of recruits and resign or get rid of any of the big 4 who won't stay for a fair wage. Then we can build from that point on.

It sucks at the moment watching the crud they are dishing up but I think this can be turned around reasonably quickly.

Geez you're more optimistic than me. I can't see where our next win is coming from. At least in the past we had points in us to go with our flimsy defence.

This is the lowest I've ever felt as a Tigers fan.

Clifferd

Coach
Geez you're more optimistic than me. I can't see where our next win is coming from. At least in the past we had points in us to go with our flimsy defence.

Can't disagree. I go into every game hoping we don't get beat by 30 now

Tiger Ted

Bench
Saw this on Facebook

Did anyone else watch the game on live stream? Because they don't have advertising on there, they never cut away from the live feed. So basically, you get to see things that don't normally make the live TV broadcast when they cut to a commercial. As Nightingale was walking back from his third try, the camera was on him and he looked at the trainer, laughed and said,

"looks like all that training this week targeting the up and in defence is paying off".

So basically the Dragons knew our edge defence is rubbish and predictable in advance and they trained accordingly to exploit our weakness. It paid off for them as almost ever try came easy for them up that same edge. Ever other team will be doing the same!

Every team in the nrl thinks we are a joke
At the moment we r a team of pathetic amateurs.Hopefully Cleary will rapidly remedy this train wreck !

Tiger Woody

Juniors

Yes it cant get much lower...
I also cant see where our next win will come from..
We cant score tries anymore,and our defence is worse than ever.....left and right,and up the guts as well

Tiger Woody

Juniors
Agree with moving Suli to centres.The kid is green but geez his carries r great.He will be a star with experience.

Kev must never b anywhere near the nrl team in any position again.He isn't a 1st graders arsehole !!!

Ted,we have nothing to lose do we...Move Suli now to the deep end of the pool..
Get Grace Jones back to Intrust.....

Tiger Woody

Juniors
The most disappointing thing for me was the lack of game smarts.

OK, so you go into a game with a compressed defensive line, that's your plan A. What do you do when the other team shows they are targeting this successfully?

Most if not ALL other teams will switch defensive structures to counter this. I would say with most teams the word would not need to come from upstairs to switch, the players would know.

Wests Tigers continued to play a compressed defensive line letting in 3 tries and the game was pretty much gone after this.

On a positive note, Tigers were making massive meters up the middle, but they just look to be missing playmakers that come in and take control in point scoring positions.Way too many hit ups close to the line, no structure at all. A set of five tackles seems to be 5 separate plays unrelated, we are not moving or targeting opposition defenses in any way.

I dont think we are as far off as others here think and only tweaks are needed in both personnel and tactics and we will see some wins.

And once again we have gone back to the pathetic midfield bomb(geez i hate that)....where the opposition catch it with no pressure....

Clifferd

Coach
At the moment we r a team of pathetic amateurs.Hopefully Cleary will rapidly remedy this train wreck !

It may or may not interest you, but our beloved bludger Curtis Sironen is playing out of his skin at Manly

It makes you wonder

Tiger Ted

Bench
It may or may not interest you, but our beloved bludger Curtis Sironen is playing out of his skin at Manly

It makes you wonder
I've been keeping a close eye on his performances & im quite pissed off @ his much improved output.To add insult to injury we r subsidising his contract with the northern beaches bogans by 200k.Y the f**k would u let the lazy prick go if u were still paying 2/3 of his income.Id rather we continued to belittle the ingrate by playing him in our state cup team until his contract expired !

Geez this club can make some illogical retention/recruitment decisions !

Tiger05

First Grade
I would've kept Sironen. He plays on the right edge and that is probably the weakest area in our team. He can tackle and he may turn into a quality NRL player. He was definitely worth keeping on especially if we are paying for some of his contract.

Have always thought that Tiger Ted, why let them go, rather belittle the under performers by keeping them in reserves, gee you never know but there performances might improve on field, at training, around the club (if we had one) around the coaching staff, that it just screams and demands to be picked in 1st grade. But not at West Tigers.

I said at the start of the season that what I don't want to see come season end is that Sironen an Farah are two of our best (paid) players this year. After 5 rounds, I think that Sironen may be in front.

Front-Rower

First Grade
And it took a boot up the date and out-of the club to make him have a go, probably out of spite.

He can get stuffed.

Fully agree. He was woeful the first two rounds as well. It wasn't until Barrett was under pressure (player probably got the same rocket) that they started to fire. And let's be honest, Dylan Walker is setting the world on fire at Manly. Without him I doubt very much they would be in the position they sit at now.

Latest posts