What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 5 vs Sharks @ Southern Cross Group Stadium

Who will win? Round 5: Sharks v Knights

• Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Newcastle Knights 1-12

• Newcastle Knights 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mozza91

Coach
Done with Hodko.

Done with refs.

But I will never be done with these boys. Geez that was a gutsy effort today. There is more heart and spirit in this Knights team that I have seen in any of teams for years. To lose to the Sharks by only 1 point whilst having less then 40% of the ball is unheard of.
Oath that was a great effort. I was pretty proud at 18-6 and was drawing wood at 18-18. We were never going to win with those Refs and our special needs halfback calling the shots.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Ruderrific raised a good point when he said when he said if Mullen was available we could drop Hodko easily. So once again our season dies upon the loss of Mullen.
And injuries. Loss of Pythian was a big blow for us this year. If we had Ross dog today that 1st try doesn't get scored. When was the last time we had our top 17 on the books on the paddock on game day?

perverse

Referee
And injuries. Loss of Pythian was a big blow for us this year. If we had Ross dog today that 1st try doesn't get scored. When was the last time we had our top 17 on the books on the paddock on game day?
When was the last time we could soundly define our top 17?

Swarzey

Bench
Bonus might be a performance like that could encourage Bird to sign. If he is indeed coming up to tour the club facilities again, seeing the effort in defense and seeing potential in this side could help get him across. My biggest concern with a player like Bird is that he seems like a player who thinks the club needs him but if making it seem like that's the case does the job, then so be it.

perverse

Referee
Bonus might be a performance like that could encourage Bird to sign. If he is indeed coming up to tour the club facilities again, seeing the effort in defense and seeing potential in this side could help get him across. My biggest concern with a player like Bird is that he seems like a player who thinks the club needs him but if making it seem like that's the case does the job, then so be it.
He's just a class player that you want to get the ball to. The fact that Cronulla have such luxury as to play him at centre is impressive, really. He gave Pete a bath today.

Coming back a second time,i got a good feeling we might just pull this one.we are usually always dismiss straight away. Money talks guys!today was interesting,the salary cap was not increase as much as some clubs thought.so there might be a fire sale on some players !interesting times ahead.

Noname36

First Grade
Our defence was pretty good but inversely the Sharks were pretty bad in attack

Let's not get too excited by our "improvement"

Mate they defended like 7 repeat sets against the premiers. Regardless of how far the Sharks are from their best there's absolutely no way they do that last year.

We clearly have a hell of a long way to go but jeez, you can give them a tiny bit of credit.

Caped Crusader

Juniors
Um I'm pretty sure I did mate. I said we defended well

However, you only need to look to last week to see what a switched on side will do to us

Maybe put the salt away for a bit ay

Noname36

First Grade
I never said anything about the Penrith game, but I'm pretty sure last year they would have found it impossible to defend like they did today - against anyone.

That's improvement.

Of course we'd all like it to be consistent but I'll take being in the contest for 4 games and 1 blow out over 5 blowouts for now. Everyone was thrashing us last year.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Good effort from the guys out there today. It's a hard loss to take given we were in a position to steal a win but I'll happily take that over what we dished up last week. At least we've put ourselves in a position to win in 4/5 of our games this year which makes watching us exciting again rather than showing up for a routine thrashing each week.

Knight76

Juniors
Dogs next week at home, very winnable game if we for one time actually play like we mean to have some sort of plan to what we are doing!

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Our attack was directionless (thanks Hodko)
Our General defence was lazy (we games them 15m a run)
Our goal-line defence was stunning (the only thing that kept us in the game)

I dont blame the ref for blowing the pea out of the whistle against us; penalties almost always go to the attacking team and we game them all of the possession.

Oh, and Hodkinson is purified horse-shit!
I have come to accept that he will go missing during a game, but when he is meant to step up and take the field goal he just happens to get caught on the 5th playing the ball?? I think he was just looking for an excuse not to take the kick.....

Latest posts