What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 7 vs Eels @ ANZ Stadium

Who will win? Round 7: Eels v Wests Tigers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

axl rose

Bench
Woods is so far off the pace of the modern game, which had sped up alot this year. Parras forwards were coming back on and making an impact. he came back on and plodded it.

Tiger05

First Grade
Woods is so far off the pace of the modern game, which had sped up alot this year. Parras forwards were coming back on and making an impact. he came back on and plodded it.

How anyone can consider him a player worth top dollar is beyond me. He doesn't have an impact at all. He just rolls it forward and gets metres but geez we look better with him off the field.

I can't believe anyone thinks we struggle with him off the field.

Shredder

Juniors
05 Woods was not our problem today.
Dont hound on him again.
Who thinks hes worth top dollar? The NSW and Australian selectors.

axl rose

Bench
He just rolls it forward and gets metres but geez we look better with him off the field.

The little things annoy me about him, like not making an effort to get back on side after a break then pushing someone else out of marker. Not all his fault I know but he wants to be our highest paid player, come on,

Tiger05

First Grade
05 Woods was not our problem today.
Dont hound on him again.
Who thinks hes worth top dollar? The NSW and Australian selectors.

I can't help it. He was beyond ordinary again.

Our halves were terrible but Woods was right up there. I mean if you had to pick our worst players this week it'd be the halves, the wingers (Nofo and Naiqama) and Woods.

I just think it's pretty bloody obvious that Woods isn't a player worth top dollars. I'd let him go. I thought he was decent value at $600k but that is probably too high. To be fair maybe he is playing like a busted because of the contract disputes and the captaincy.

Tiger05

First Grade
The little things annoy me about him, like not making an effort to get back on side after a break then pushing someone else out of marker. Not all his fault I know but he wants to be our highest paid player, come on,

It's crazy. I've always thought that he is a decent role player type prop. The guy who gets you metres up the middle and on very rare occasions can win you a game. His defence up the middle isn't good. He has no impact. The numbers being thrown about in relation to paying him are crazy. We should be cutting our losses and letting him go.

Shredder

Juniors
I just think that given the second half rabble - everyone was shit - and picking names is harsh.

Nofo played well and tried to the end. Teddy played well - he got 3 Daly M points in a losing side.
ET tackled his arse off.

Everyone else was as crap as the rest

Tiger05

First Grade
ET was great. Teddy was great. I think Suli & Idris were great. McIlwrick was awesome again. We had some real good performers out there. I think the team also put in. Ava, Sue and Grant belted it up again. Lawrence was good until he did his typical feet as hands routine. Chee-Kam was great.

Tiger05

First Grade
MCK should start next week, he is much better then Aloiai who's been way down this year.

Woods was crap, Moses second half was one of the worst I've seen from a Tigers half since Braith was disgracing our jersey.

Game was ours and we blew it, this is exactly why we need an experienced half.

Woods on form doesn't make our starting team. MCK should be starting in the backrow. We need a quality half. I don't see Brooks being able to handle that role. Aloiai was close to Woods level.

Ivan Cleary, welcome to the wests tigers. It was a good effort for 55 minutes but as soon we got to 12 ahead we stopped hitting hard in defence and effectively pulled up the shutters in all aspects of the game. The nice consistent defensive line out wide we saw last week soon disappeared this week. We were lucky Parra played so poorly. a good team would have cut us apart out wide and would have won by 30.

Hard not to get exited with Idris' form. He seems to be getting better each week and especially in the last 2 weeks has really started playing some good footy.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
The team has no balance. The attack doesn't flow. It looks 'default'

Clifferd

Coach
Was a weird game. We sort of sucked for the first 15 and thought Parra could get a big roll on. Then dominated from 15-60 min mark then lost our shit

Still, f**k Moses. I'd rather win a game with huge deficiencies then choke at the end with huge deficiencies