What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 7 vs Parramatta @ McDonald Jones Stadium, New Lambton

Who will win? Round 7: Newcastle v Parramatta

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Parramatta Eels 1-12

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Parramatta Eels 13+

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jono078

Referee
Not sure that Clifford is that good, needs everything around him going well, same can be said for about a dozen of the squad, lack of heart and effort
Is it a coaching thing? Clifford seems happy to spread the ball super quick and not draw and pass.

I'm sick of my internal debate of are our players actually not good or is our coaching getting in the way.

Old dog

Juniors
Problems in the ranks that aren’t being addressed is my take on the situation. Has the Ponga saga caused problems, why are the Safiati boys in such lost form and lacking effort.
Need a clear the air meeting, get the squad to discuss what’s wrong.
Safiati boys are the biggest problem because they are quality players not providing the go forward the team needs, sure we lack a bit in spine but those we have can perform ok if given the platform, it’s not happening.
Cant belief coaching staff can’t see it, time to get the head out of the sand.
Dont expect anything but a loss next week but I expect an improvement, shouldn’t be hard based on this weeks performance. We start getting players back after that so it has to happen soon

Knight76

Juniors
Geez AOB has some grim messaging in this conference. He's not happy but he's talking about we need to figure out our why, why we play the game why we want to put our bodies on the line etc. It's hard to find those whys when you're not coached well. Every player needs to know their role and what style to play to really put in.

Ponga just said there was a lack of want and desire today.

This absolutely pisses me off.

Pre game, on the Anzac weekend, he is saying we need to play like a warrior with heart and determination, did the team get that message?

FFS how hard is it for blokes that have been palying footy in most cases since little league, to understand the contest and be up for it?

What is it about Newcastle that causes us to constantly not bring the required effort in the contest? Too laid back a region, too much endless support no matter what from us fans, or something internally at the club allowing medicrity to thrive?

Alex28

Coach
Out effort in defense is okay. Not defense, just the effort.
Sorry Yoshii - can’t agree with you there. The effort in defence - particularly on the try line - was disgraceful. Even the guys you expect to never make a mistake made some lazy ones today (looking at you Klem).

I don’t get what has happened during the off-season. Klem had the Saifiti boys so disciplined and playing really well as a result. Now, all three aren’t up to scratch.

We badly need a halfback. Clune isn’t up to it, Clifford needs a better player next to him. Long-term it needs to be Ponga and someone.

Seage

Juniors
Tarsha Gale Cup team goes alright. They're season ends next week with the GF. If they're free afterwards, I'd bring them in. They obviously know how to win and represent the jersey properly.

Knight Tales

Juniors
Off Topic a little but did anyone hear Kevin Sheedy claiming the AFL could be looking into Newcastle as the next potential
Licence along with Tassie? I get it is a long shot but the way this club is going it would not surprise me if this is the thinking. Knights lack of success makes this area a prime target for the AFL.
We all know with the draft setup success can come real quick in the AFL. If any attempt by the AFL does happen it will be very interesting to see what the NRL does In Response. I can’t see it but the AFL do like a good wind up of the NRL.

Sir Galahad

Juniors
What is it about Newcastle that causes us to constantly not bring the required effort in the contest? Too laid back a region, too much endless support no matter what from us fans, or something internally at the club allowing medicrity to thrive?
Lack of accountability and nepotism

AOB spent all those years with Bellamy and didnt see importance of holding the players to account regardless of win or lose.

The players know they arent getting dropped any time soon, in fact they'll get re-signed or up-graded.

They're not stupid, if they see Kurt Mann and Hoy getting a gig what message does it send out?

Jono078

Referee
Off Topic a little but did anyone hear Kevin Sheedy claiming the AFL could be looking into Newcastle as the next potential
Licence along with Tassie? I get it is a long shot but the way this club is going it would not surprise me if this is the thinking. Knights lack of success makes this area a prime target for the AFL.
We all know with the draft setup success can come real quick in the AFL. If any attempt by the AFL does happen it will be very interesting to see what the NRL does In Response. I can’t see it but the AFL do like a good wind up of the NRL.
I welcome it. It could be a wake-up call. It's also a chance for me to have an each-way bet and hopefully one of them brings me happiness! If they both suck I might have to leave the country and join @Yosh in South Korea.

Loose Cannon

Bench
I welcome it. It could be a wake-up call. It's also a chance for me to have an each-way bet and hopefully one of them brings me happiness! If they both suck I might have to leave the country and join @Yosh in South Korea.
If the Knights continue to suck this bad, I will consider moving to North Korea, and avoid any opportunity to see, hear, or read about the failures.

macavity

Referee
My wife swears we didn’t have anthems at the game yesterday. I can remember both ours and the kiwi anthem (English version only)… please tell me I’m not crazy