What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 8 vs Sea Eagles @ Lottoland

Who will win? Round 8: Sea Eagles v Knights

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zoidberg

First Grade
Scrappy win from a poor performance is still a win.
Lost a lot of go forward when Griffin was off, when he came back out we seemed on the front foot again.
Ponga makes mistakes here and there but I wouldn’t trade him for anyone.
Hopefully over the next 10 or so weeks without Pearce we just get better and better cohesion per week. Have to stick with winning halves.

Jono078

Referee
The great thing is we are still equal on wins with the Storm.. Ponga will slowly become the premier playmaker here. Watson and Cogger will get better each game too.

Today was a great building block for what is ahead for the next few months.

perverse

Referee
The great thing is we are still equal on wins with the Storm.. Ponga will slowly become the premier playmaker here. Watson and Cogger will get better each game too.

Today was a great building block for what is ahead for the next few months.
The confidence they will get from that win will be huge I would think. We were really building that confidence up before Pearce got injured, hopefully we can kick on with it now.

To be able to play badly and win is generally a quality that good teams have. I can see us slowly developing that trait, and it's encouraging... because when things start to click properly, they really click.

Pedge1971

First Grade
The confidence they will get from that win will be huge I would think. We were really building that confidence up before Pearce got injured, hopefully we can kick on with it now.

To be able to play badly and win is generally a quality that good teams have. I can see us slowly developing that trait, and it's encouraging... because when things start to click properly, they really click.

Yep. Wins like that build belief and conversely really hurt your confidence when you are on the other side of it. Manly have a lot of problems.

macavity

Referee
Gotta give a mention to Connor Watson. For his first game back he had some great touches and looked dangerous. Held his dukes up in defence too.

Gotta wonder what if neither he nor Pearce got injured - you can see why we want to run with them as first choice halves, games compliment each other very well.

Old dog

Juniors
Enormous victory for self belief, no Pearce but a win, Manly away, we will be much stronger from here on, Side was better when Griffin was on, Buhrer was not so good at hooker, scrappy game with some very tough performances from Guerra, Esee, Griffin and individual bits of brilliance from Ponga, our centres were solid, Sione and Ross, SKD his usual hot and cold, halves a bit quiet but ok, Heighinton and Dan ok along with Fitz, bit disappointed with Barnett, Sio steady as usual, Yates all go go go, Jake?

Sacrolishes

Juniors
Very strong win. Manly were terrible but when they put some pressure on we looked a little shaken and let in that try but then we’re able to steady themselves and mount a comeback.

Very scrappy, but they kept it very simple which is what they needed to do. You could see that if they stayed in it the time would come for Ponga to break game open and he did.

Rabbitohs will be a completely team to face. Very good form, so will be a real test of our whole team to get the kicking right, defend in middle and edges and be smart in attack to take chances when they come.

But until then, we’ll done lads. One step in front of the other.

Noname36

First Grade
Still play like a young team. Penalties and errors at stupid times.

This is why brown went hard for guys like James Graham. Heigno carried the pack

Well they are a young team still. Pearce and Lillyman out tonight as the lack of experience really showed again...very poor discipline.

There didn’t really seem to be anyone putting their hand up as the leader. I’m hoping someone will in Pearce’s absence.

Ponga is just class though. He makes some mistakes but jeez you want him in your squad in the dying moments when your side needs a try to win.

I’ve noticed that’s one thing we can do really well - and that’s find a try when they need one. Would be nice if we could fix up the discipline though so maybe they didn’t need to find a try in the final minutes to win.

Swarzey

Bench
We were pretty poor in attack and I thought our attack was very similar to last year's except this year we've at least got one halve who has a strong - decent as worse - running game. We have the cattle this year across the park to help whoever plays 7 to adjust so I do hope that soon enough we'll see a little more structure in our attack; confidence certainly breeds that. Watson was a nice return, he challenges the line well.

Our pack is small but they have plenty of heart and determination which does help. Pretty resilient in defence but Manly rolled up the field a little too easily which isn't too different to most weeks. We really need to toughen up in the middle and stop teams from advancing too far.

And again, got my donga out for Ponga. The kid is a rugby league legend in the making. Nobody at 20 years old and half a season worth of experience demands the ball like that and creates the game winning play. Incredible vision to draw the opposition in, be so lethal and then see an opportunity outside on him and put a player through for the win.

Winning at Manly, equaling our wins last year in two months, no Pearce, it's hard not to be happy.

I did see a scrappy game but I'm proud of the teams desire to grind it out again. Theres been alot of judgement towards the team negatively, but it shows it is coming together. Combinations are coming along now,and we are looking more and more likely as a team on the up thats going to draw marquee players that will sign with us.in brown i trust! signings are around the corner for us. Next year we will be a force again. And this year im just enjoying watching the knights again being a team that are not push overs anymore. Up the knights:wink: