What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matt Ballin knee gone again

Magpies Forever

Juniors
I feel for the bloke. No one deserves this. Looks like his career is over.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...y/news-story/2e64ac8656303b38cc292ce0bd1fc807

Jason Taylor’s mind games with Robbie Farah could come back to bite him with news Matt Ballin’s career could come to a premature end.

After playing only two games for his new club, the Wests Tigers confirmed last night the veteran hooker now needs another knee reconstruction, which will sideline him for at least the rest of the season.

Ballin only joined the Tigers this year on a two-year deal after rupturing his ACL in round 24 last year.

But at the age of 32, another significant knee injury would obviously cast doubt over Ballin’s future in the NRL.

...........................................................................................................................

Not sure on how the club will handle this. Promote Cherrington? Promote Liddle? Retain Farah? Get another hooker for 2017 onwards?

This place just keeps on giving in the chuckles department doesnt it?

One would think Cherrington comes back into contention unless he's headed elsewhere. Maybe that's why Seggy has been pushed, Gould already has someone to cover.

Fordy20

Juniors
Geez Manly really sold us a lemon with Ballin.

I hear Isaac De Gois is on the market. Maybe we can get him before the June deadline for an 18 month stint if the club is hell bent on punting Farah.

Magpies Forever

Juniors

I hear Isaac De Gois is on the market. Maybe we can get him before the June deadline for an 18 month stint if the club is hell bent on punting Farah.

If he is fit and can do the job why not? I suspect Cherrington is gone to Penrith and Halatau is in his last season and only a fill in hooker at best. Liddle still needs time and Farah is/should be going to ESL sooner rather than later. I cannot see the club backtracking on the need to be rid of Farah in their opinion or else the entire split for the last 12 months will have been for nothing.

Clifferd

Coach
Liddle was almost thrown in at the start of the season, he was heavily in Taylor's plans

If he was talked up at the start of the season , what harm is there in trying him half way through the season off the bench after a few games in NSW Cup aswell

chopsy_05

Juniors
Why would parra get rid of de gois when they already had to get rid of Peats. If we are just picking players names out of thin air why not say Cameron Smith.

Magpies Forever

Juniors
Why would parra get rid of de gois when they already had to get rid of Peats. If we are just picking players names out of thin air why not say Cameron Smith.

De Gois contract finishes at end of season. Parra may be amenable to allowing him to leave early if WT sign him for 2017-18.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member

Well to be fair, they signed Moltzen.

At least we got some mins out of Ballin

So now Taylor's powerplay has backfired.

Time to let Farah play his natural game

T.T

Juniors
segeyaro use to be a gun. He probably just suffered the same as ET did under griffin. I wouldn't hold my breath that JT would utilise him effectively though.

De Gois is a West junior so that fits :sarcasm:

But does he fit into the 'old boys clique' or did he get out early enough?

In all seriousness if Cherrington hasn't been signed by Gould, start playing him and give him the 1st grade experience he needs. If he has been signed by Gould, leave him in NSW Cup and give Liddle a game or 2

YNWA Tigers

Juniors
One would think Cherrington comes back into contention unless he's headed elsewhere. Maybe that's why Seggy has been pushed, Gould already has someone to cover.

Providing he is not headed to Panthers and I think he just might and wouldn't be surprised if there is an agreement between us and Panthers to make that happen as a part of the deal to get ET. Reading their forums, Panthers supporters certainly seem to think that they got him in the bag from next year and i also wouldn't be surprised if he wanted to re-unite with TMM.

Regarding Ballin, awesome signing JT. The only person who thought he was a half decent signing was JT himself, everyone else knew it was going to be a disaster.
Feel sorry for Ballin though.

If Cherrington is indeed gone, I'd still have a look at Seggy and see what can be done there. Everyone makes mistakes and deserves a second chance.
Or what about Rein?

macnaz

Staff member
Sego on a last chance could be a real winner , he comes across as a decent intelligent bloke and im sure he knows the NRL is his future.
To be honest he hasnt actually done much wrong apart from hang around with deadshits.

Clifferd

Coach
If Taylor wants to follow his plan now of carrying 2 hookers, Cherrington or Liddle must be carried on the bench. I know this won't happen while Halatau is still fit and ready but fudge me it'd be nice

Ballin being injured is now a major dent despite only playing 2 games

Clifferd

Coach
Sego on a last chance could be a real winner , he comes across as a decent intelligent bloke and im sure he knows the NRL is his future.
To be honest he hasnt actually done much wrong apart from hang around with deadshits.

Seggy would be great for impact, when he was at his best he was very energetic and ran rings around the opposition

Get Farah to start and set a platform for the team, then around the 25th min mark bring on Seggy to explode out of the blocks. This could only benefit Teddy/Broses also

Tigerm

First Grade
Well to be fair, they signed Moltzen.

At least we got some mins out of Ballin

So now Taylor's powerplay has backfired.

Time to let Farah play his natural game

MU, how does it work for Ballin now?

If it is a career ending injury are we now stuck with a contract payout, I guess we don't know, but a pre-existing injury would have been factored into his contract, hopefully.

Anyway, I hope he gets looked after somehow.

Latest posts