What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Members announcement Farah

Rabbits20

Immortal
The form shown in those last few games meant almost zilch!!!!

Sths were obviously using a completely different approach--at very,very long last,in Madge's desperation; the players being given a licence to do as they wished,as most lowly clubs were;hence the upsets!!!
McInnes never enjoyed that luxury due to his tight leash--Cook did,however, have that luxury, & went OK;that's when,of course, he wasn't dropping sitter passes with the line at his mercy!!!

I think COOK is more likely to continue on as a "flash in the pan",unfortunately;as he's always been throughout his entire career! I certainly don't think Cook has the capacity to worry Farah:even though Robbie is stumbling into the Winter of his career!
McInnes wasn't up to it.

He had far too many chances.

In summary Cam is pedestrian with poor direction.

Pommy

Coach
Did Burrow membership jump up by $100 this year?

Edit wrong topic

Last edited:
Member Zone Premium: I'd Go To Bed, Close My Eyes And Picture Myself In A Red And Green Jumper: Farah
Story: Jeremy Monahan

Tue 11th October, 09:41AM

1476141485545.jpg

This Story Is Available To Members In Our New Member Zone - Click Here To See It![/paste:font]

http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2016/10/11/member_zone_premium_.html

alien

Referee
I almost joined Bunnies in '16: Farah

BBxdK0g.img

South Sydney signing Robbie Farah has revealed how close he came to playing for the NRL club in 2016 as he searched for ways to leave the Wests Tigers.

Farah's drawn out exit from Concord began in August 2015, when he was sensationally told by coach Jason Taylor he was free to play for another club.

The then-Tigers captain was immediately linked with a move to the Sydney Roosters, however Farah admitted he almost became a Rabbitoh instead.

"I got to meet (South Sydney coach Michael Maguire) last year about the possibility of coming to Souths this year," Farah told the Rabbitohs' website.

"But that didn't work out at the time."

The veteran rake began this season as the Tigers' No.1 hooker but was demoted to the bench when he went away for State of Origin duty with NSW.

A round 17 game against Penrith was his final match in club colours as he was denied an opportunity to reach 250 NRL games with his local club.

Despite having another season on his contract, Farah was again on the search for a new club, and the Rabbitohs again came calling.

"This time, when things were going sour at the Tigers again, Madge was on the phone to me again, and from day one he made me feel wanted," Farah said.

"I'm happy to put that behind me now and it feels good to get a resolution there.

"I'm just looking forward to a fresh start."

The incumbent Blues hooker had piqued the interest of eventual 2016 premiers Cronulla, as well as St George Illawarra in the latter half of the season.

But he ended up signing a two-year deal with the Bunnies, believing he could play a major role in helping the club back to the finals in 2017.

"To hear how determined Sam (Burgess) and GI (Greg Inglis) and the playing group are to turn things around, I felt that by me coming there would help things turn around next year," he said.

http://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/rugb...unnies-in-16-farah/ar-BBxdVXB?ocid=spartanntp

philgood

Juniors
On a side note look at Alien now flogging off to Farah. You could not stand the guy when he was at the tigers. Continually bagging him at every opportunity. Farq me you're a turncoat, you lack loyalty and any shred of decency.

Tell the real souths supporters how you really feel about farah?

Pommy

Coach
On a side note look at Alien now flogging off to Farah. You could not stand the guy when he was at the tigers. Continually bagging him at every opportunity. Farq me you're a turncoat, you lack loyalty and any shred of decency.

Tell the real souths supporters how you really feel about farah?

It took Farah joining Souths to realise this? I just can't comprehend how a grown man can switch allegiances like that.

rabbitohs95

Bench
Distressing to see Farah in non tigers gear. You guys have a winner . He'll take alot of pressure off adam Reynolds with his ball playing and kicking game
Hopefully he does. In Origin this year I found he was quite slow in promoting the ball, however with them in the same club team and with less pressure, hopefully it will grow to be quite the combination.

Pommy

Coach
Alien has said that he is/was a wests suppoerter that never really embraced the joint venture so it is understandable. I've met Illawarra supporters that feel the similarly about their joint venture with the dragons.

So rather than support half a team that's your original just change to a totally different team. There's no logic in that.

Rabbits20

Immortal
R20 if Souths had merged with the roosters and became Southsroosters with the roosters jersey and colours I doubt that I would follow them..........that's what happened to Wests.
Don't even entertain the thought please.

Alien is now with the best family of the NRL. The Pride of the League.

Pommy

Coach
R20 if Souths had merged with the roosters and became Southsroosters with the roosters jersey and colours I doubt that I would follow them..........that's what happened to Wests.

The issue is he did support them, if he had thrown his toys out of the pram when the merger happened then perhaps I could understand it. But that's not what happened.
He backed them for what around 12 years including a premiership win?