What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Metallica at the BDO!!! OH YEAH!

Oh yeah, Basement Jaxx was all anyone could think of while Metallica were on stage.

:lol:

Awesome performance as per usual at the Parklands, but Brisbane last night was outstanding. Hopefully this set will be the indoor one since I'll see them again tomorrow night in Sydney. From www.metontour.com :

Fight Fire With Fire
The Four Horsemen
Ride The Lightning
Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
The Thing That Should Not Be
Frantic
Sad But True
Dirty Window
Harvester of Sorrow
One
Damage Inc.
-------------------
Seek and Destroy
Nothing Else Matters
Creeping Death
-------------------
St. Anger
Enter Sandman
-------------------
Last Caress
Hit The Lights

Dirty Window probably sounded different from the album because they stuck a guitar solo into it. Very strange since Kirk made a hoopla over solos not really being possible this time out.

Excuse me, it's been a long night driving and I really need a sleep...

ThrashViking

Juniors
Good setlist,Especially the inclussion of Damage inc & Ride the lightning.
It's unusual to see them leave out Am i Evil though

They haven't played it very much the last 3 years or so. Ever since they cranked out the full version of it live to promote Garage Inc, the shortened version lost it's edge. 'Lightning' was one I've been waiting to see desperately and it didn't disappoint. The entire solo went off without a hitch, unfortunately they're still not playing the tail to the 'Blackened' solo which seems to be staying with the outdoors set. "Damage' was nice, but we had that in Sydney in 1998 anyway.

With any luck they'll pull out 'Phantom Lord' to replace 'Hit the Lights' before tour's end.

EDIT: Just noticed (thanks to a metontour member) that "Master of Puppets" wasn't played last night. Bugger me!

ThrashViking

Juniors
I would really like to see them pull out 'Call of ktulu' on one of their setlist
It's such a incredible instruemental
I agree about 'Hit the lights'-It's fairly mediocre compared to under-rated epics like Metal militia or Phantom Lord

Paullyboy

Coach
Thats really strange that setlist you put up, because its quite severely different to the one they played at the Gold Coast Big Day Out.

At the BDO they finished with one and enter sandman, and at the BDO they did play master of puppets and it went off. They also played Fade to Black and that was brilliant also.

The Gold Coast BDO set was the same as the Auckland BDO set list. So perhaps they're doing an indoor/outdoor split between the sets?

Samwise

Bench
i think thats from the Brisbane sideshow,

the setlist from Goldcoast BDO was:

Blackened
Creeping Death
Harvester of Sorrow
Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
For Whom The Bell Tolls
Frantic
Sad But True
Dirty Window
Seek and Destroy
Fade to black
Battery
--------
St. Anger
Nothing Else Matters
Master of Puppets
--------
One
Enter Sandman

nibbs

Bench
Don't diss Basement Jaxx. It was totally wicked. Gave me something to groove to, while that so called band Metallica pumped out a whole lot of weird uninspiring sounds...

Paullyboy

Coach
nibbletjones said:
Don't diss Basement Jaxx. It was totally wicked. Gave me something to groove to, while that so called band Metallica pumped out a whole lot of weird uninspiring sounds...

Yeh its great fun watching someone press a button on a computer or whatever it is this so called 'musician' does.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Paullyboy said:
nibbletjones said:

Yeh its great fun watching someone press a button on a computer or whatever it is this so called 'musician' does.
Don't diss what you know nothing about. Basement Jaxx put on a wicked stage show. And that's coming from someone who likes metal and will be at the BDO for metallica.

Samwise

Bench
i'm a basement jaxx fan, i though they were on after metallica finished though, wasn't dj afrika bambaata on during metallica? i would have loved to have seen that set too, but you can't have it both ways unfortunately.

Paullyboy

Coach
Metallica were 8-10 roughly, Basement Jax was about 9.30-11.30

So yes you could have seen both.

And SpaceMonkey, i respect people saying dont diss want you dont know about, But I just have no time for someone who relies on a computer or someone elses music to make them seem talented musically.

Paranoid

Juniors
Is it just me or is the underlying question here is who would win in a fight, Metallica or Basement Jaxx ?

Godz Illa

Coach
Paranoid said:
Is it just me or is the underlying question here is who would win in a fight, Metallica or Basement Jaxx ?
Well Metallica are clearly past their best, it goes without sayng that they are no longer spring chickens. Their stamina has also been eroded away by years of drug and alcohol abuse, although James Hatfield is fresh out of rehab.
On the other hand, Basement Jaxx, while young, talented and whacked out to the gills on amphetamines, are sort of nerdy.

I think if the Jaxx can avoid Metallica's big hits in the early rounds, they might just outlast the hard rockin lads and win on points. However, Metallica just need to land one or even half a decent shot.

Anonymous

Juniors
I just have no time for someone who relies on a computer or someone elses music to make them seem talented musically.

And I have no time for anyone who thinks that musical talent revolves around how hard you can whale on a guitar.

Paranoid

Juniors
George_Illa said:
Well Metallica are clearly past their best, it goes without sayng that they are no longer spring chickens. Their stamina has also been eroded away by years of drug and alcohol abuse, although James Hatfield is fresh out of rehab.
On the other hand, Basement Jaxx, while young, talented and whacked out to the gills on amphetamines, are sort of nerdy.

I think if the Jaxx can avoid Metallica's big hits in the early rounds, they might just outlast the hard rockin lads and win on points. However, Metallica just need to land one or even half a decent shot.

I see, so are you saying Metallica's victory would be shortened if they were to fight in a small enclosed arena, like say a thunderdome ?? :?: :?:

Latest posts