What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Metallica at the BDO!!! OH YEAH!

madunit said:
I am so jealous of you guys. I reckon One woulda been awesome to see live.
How did 'Tallica's new songs sound?

:lol:

Got my hands on a very decent bootleg of the Sydney 21/1 concert today. If anyone wants a copy of it, PM me and I'll send you a CD with the files as MP3s and you can burn them yourself. Only real Metallica fans need apply.

:lol:

ThrashViking

Juniors
Danish Moo Cow said:
If anyone wants a copy of it, PM me and I'll send you a CD with the files as MP3s and you can burn them yourself. Only real Metallica fans need apply.

Whats the setlist and what is the sound quality like?

Blackened
Fuel
Seek and Destroy
Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
The Thing That Should Not Be
Frantic
Creeping Death
Dirty Window
Sad But True
One
Whiplash
-------------------
Harvester of Sorrow
Nothing Else Matters
Master Of Puppets
-------------------
St. Anger
Enter Sandman
-------------------
So What!
Hit The Lights

There's the setlist. Its a handheld mic/tape recorder, but its one of the better ones I've heard. Certainly better than the Adelaide 98, 04 and theMelbourne Music Bowl gig this year too. I'd say its just one step down in terms of quality than a soundboard. 3 stars our of 5.

I've just been told today by a friend that he's getting another one, and he reckons its about the same quality, but there's no speaking by the guy holding the mic like in the one I got. Every now and then in mine it has a guy adding a bit. Doesn't ruin it or anything.

If I find out how its done, I'll edit a part out and post it somewhere so you can hear the quality.

ThrashViking

Juniors
Sounds good
Ive got a couple Metallica bootlegs on tape
Bay Area Thrashers-The Early Days & Live+One+Demo
Both sound pretty shitty sound wise as far as bootlegs go
My fiance also has the power metal demo with Dave Mustaine & Ron McGovney in the bands line up

Red Bear

Referee
Metallica were f**ken great in Sydney when i saw em. One was awesome as was Creeping Death and Nothing Else Matter. New songs were suprisingly decent even tho they sound shit on the cd. Master of Puppets was slightly dissapointing but still good. But boy did the brissie sideshow look good!!!!!
Fight Fire With Fire
The Four Horsemen
Ride The Lightning
Frantic
Sad But True
Dirty Window
Harvester of Sorrow
One
Damage Inc.
-------------------
Seek and Destroy
Nothing Else Matters
Creeping Death
-------------------
St. Anger
Enter Sandman
-------------------
Last Caress
Hit The Lights

Swap Damage Inc for BATTERY and swap something for Fade To Black and Geez(neek creeping death in there to) but Ride The Lightning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!That solo woulda been incredible!
Thierry Henry, Metallica aint wailing. If you played guitar you would know how godamn good their solo's are.

Why was Puppets bad?

I've got a few MP3s of the Melbourne gig, but the concert is missing Ride, Horsemen and Sanitarium. Absolute bugger. Sound quality isn't too hot either. Haven't heard of a Brisbane bootleg coming up, but it would be good. Great set, even if the energy wasn't as good as Sydney.

Battery is getting a bit old for me. It doesn't make a bad opener, but either does Fire!! The Ride solo is incredible, but they shortened it this year. I was devasted. But now that the livemetallica.com gigs are coming in, I've learned that it makes the song run a bit better. The Unnamed Feeling UK EP has the full solo on it though, so I'll always have that.

I've got that Bay Area Thrashers CD. Very interesting and its amazing that you can get freaky stuff online... like Cliff's last gig.

Red Bear

Referee
Didnt day it was bad, just slightly dissapointing, I was expecting it to be insane. They shoulda had it in there normal set rather than as an encore. One was the best song they played tho.

Certainly!

Here's a site for Metallica fans, even those that can't be arsed going to see them. No need to be jealous anymore, you can download and listen to the Fillmore's second concert from 2003.

http://sneaky-metallifux.com/metallica.htm

Click on the 19th of May date to get a whole show, concert 2 of 4 from San Francisco. Excellent quality and the setlist...

Blackened
No Remorse
Ride the Lightning
Frantic
Creeping Death
Whiplash
Leper Messiah
Master of Puppets
One
Battery
-------------------------
Harvester of Sorrow
Seek and Destroy
Hit the Lights
-------------------------
So What
Breadfan
Damage, Inc

Wooh.

They've played Dyer's Eve live for the past 2 months on the North America tour, mate. James stuffs the words quite a bit, but Kirk nails it every time.

Yeah, early March in LA was the debut, then they followed it up in San Fran a few nights later. It was shocking the first couple of times they played it, but by the time they made Seattle, they had it nailed. No double kick from Lars, though, so if they got rid of him they could at least play it properly.

By the end of the N. America leg they'd dragged out oldies like Jump in the Fire and Metal Militia. Before the tour kicked off they had a poll on their forum website asking for the most wanted songs, only the God That Failed, Disposable Heroes and Trapped Under Ice need to be played from the top 20 and another European leg kicks off tomorrow before some more north American dates later. Surely some more will come in then.

Did you hear Lars was hospitalised and had Joey Jordison fill in at Donnington a few weeks back?

Not a bad replacement... if only for a night.