What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Metallica vs Foo Fighters

Who is better?

• Metallica

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Foo Fighters

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

blink

Juniors
no way i cannot believe that metallica is winning this!!

Dave Grohl leads the Foo's to victory by a MILE!
'The colour and the shape' is by far their best album and it beats anything Metallica has come up with ever!

But thats just my opinio 8)

PS. "My hero" is the greatest Foo Fighters song ever!

blackfriday

Juniors
foo fighters arent shite at all, just that metallica is better. not many bands are better than foo fighters actually.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Metallica win hands down, and not all their music after justice is shit, some people feel like its their god given right to march with the status quo that Metallica sold out, therefore you hate their current music.

As far as I'm concerned, every single one of their CD's are awesome and I listen to them all with no favouritism to any album.

Mong

Post Whore
Metallica never sold out. part of Being a MEtallica fan is that they do whatever they feel like at that time, they have always been like that even back to when they resisited doing a music video until "One". They did it when they were good and ready. Hell, if Metallica sold out every song since the Black album would sound like Sandman. Apparently starting a new record next year (dates just got pushed back), hopefulyl they realise now that they are getting older so an album every half decade or so isnt an option any more. I guess because they tour so much it doesn't leave them that much time.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I dont think they sold out either and I dont think age is a problem in regards to the types of music they create.

I hope theres another album on the way, I can't get enough of them.

fat_mike

Juniors
i'll happily welcome a new album from metallica so long as lars sticks that snare he used on st anger straight up his ass.

ThrashViking

Juniors
I'd be happy if Lars fell off a cliff.
He's a crap drummer, Metallica would be better off without that old danish tart.
Anyway - The Foo Fighters are above average radio friendly rock, it is not my thing.

Simo

First Grade
Metallica, but the foo fighters have some great songs. Everlong and My hero are standouts for me.

Dont care for some of their newer efforts though.

sydraider

First Grade
Foo fighters are a great band but seriously they cant hold a candle to METALLICA. I have seen metallica live 5 times now including the killer show (and the best gig i have ever been to) at the hordern pavillion in 89, to me they are the best live act i have seen and i have seen a lot of bands in my time.
Classic example was the big day out that just past, i was there from start till finish and got to see a heap of great bands. When metallica came on to the stage it was like all the others were rank amatuers, sound wise and performance wise. They truely blew everyone else off stage that day.

BTW- one of the most boring gigs i seen was nirvana at the pheonician club in 91, the music was ok but they were really shitty and cobain never said a word all night, novolesic done all the talking. Foo fighters to me are better than nirvana but like it is in music its all opinion and taste, no one is right or wrong........

madunit said:
Metallica win hands down, and not all their music after justice is sh*t, some people feel like its their god given right to march with the status quo that Metallica sold out, therefore you hate their current music.

As far as I'm concerned, every single one of their CD's are awesome and I listen to them all with no favouritism to any album.

How many times have you seen them live? LOL! :lol:

I've seen both bands live... quite a number of times too. But Dave Grohl pretty much praised Metallica (in particular Cliff Burton) at the Horedern gig in January, 2003. They were very good, but they aren't as good as Metallica. Grohl himself is probably one of the best musicians around, but no-one else in the Foos come close to Lars, Kirk or Cliff/Jason (time will tell on Rob). But seriously, James could well go down as one of the best guitarists ever.

I've got both of their catalogues (both album, single and even a shitload of their stuff on vinyl). Its possible that this poll revolves around my two favourite bands. I'm gonna look through some of my 200+ Metallica bootlegs right now.