What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mid Year Signings

rednwhites

Juniors
I'd prefer one of his team mates if we could get him up here mid year this year. They're not traveling well so maybe we could make a play. Papali, Boyd or even Whitehead, all of whom are good players just in a bad ( poorly coached ) team, a change of scenery could see them fire up again. Tapine also needs a change but I'm not sure we're the team for him.

Dragons generally don't sign Raiders players.

;)

Crush

Coach
If we are putting together a wishlist I'd be happy to have Rapana replace Nightingale and James Roberts for Lafai. That would be a pretty decent backline.

I'd prefer one of his team mates if we could get him up here mid year this year. They're not traveling well so maybe we could make a play. Papali, Boyd or even Whitehead, all of whom are good players just in a bad ( poorly coached ) team, a change of scenery could see them fire up again. Tapine also needs a change but I'm not sure we're the team for him.

Papali is on the puts which Tricky Ricky isn't he?

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Instead of someone such as Folau, I'd rather see a long term potential investment in Lomax harvested.

However, he needs to bide his time in reserve grade for the time being.

I'd say we - the fans - are generally happy with the forward pack but the left centre and wing should always be reviewed.

And yes, Vaughan was a little 'soft' against the Warriors...so to Graham,

Retaining Au Mau must be a priority over everything else.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
No for Folau as he would cost to much. Another good forward would be beneficial, someone that can play front row and on the edges.
Remember we might have to pay bonuses for state origen players if selected.

If they make soo say JDB his bonus would not effect our salary cap till next year.
As far as I know

kit66

Bench
Very funny.

But why?

Straight Shooter

Just a little backhanded swipe at Folau's recent comments on where he believes Gay people might end up.
Or if you meant why wouldn't I want him at our club ? I don't actually care either way except he'd likely cost too much and I'd prefer a decent prop. I also have no idea about his recent form, I don't follow Union or players careers when they walk away from League.

We need one more hard nosed, power running front rower.

Mann and Lomax will cover injuries to outside backs.

I would be targeting the St.George nursery, better known as the Canberra Raiders to see who is available. Shannon Boyd needs a change of scenery, much like Paul Vaughan did.

I know I will be screamed down however if Fonua Blake were to become available I would like to see us pick him up. Is a big powerful unit. Seems as if he has got his life together.

ouryears

Bench
If we are putting together a wishlist I'd be happy to have Rapana replace Nightingale and James Roberts for Lafai. That would be a pretty decent backline.
I used to be a big fan of Roberts.
But watching his defence and very poor hands / ball control, not any more.

He will score one but let in 2 if not 3.

Great speed, exciting player, but too many errors and doesn't enjoy tackling.

As bad as the Canberra players.

Latest posts