What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mid Year Signings

Bench
There are quite a few forwards coming off contract with our feeder club, Canberra.
I hope Millward is looking at some of them.

kit66

Bench
We need one more hard nosed, power running front rower.

Mann and Lomax will cover injuries to outside backs.

I would be targeting the St.George nursery, better known as the Canberra Raiders to see who is available. Shannon Boyd needs a change of scenery, much like Paul Vaughan did.

I know I will be screamed down however if Fonua Blake were to become available I would like to see us pick him up. Is a big powerful unit. Seems as if he has got his life together.[/QUOTE

Ah, what could have been ! Imagine that brick sh*thouse and LAM coming off the bench.

possm

Coach
Our forwards are feeling the pinch and so a big prop is the go. We should be trialing Lomax on the right wing and giving Mann a go at left centre. Shake things up a bit before we repeat the crap of last year. Aitken to the bench and Lafai over to the right centre position. Wouldn't hurt to try something different. We need a prop to replace Latimore, someone who can charge up field and bend/break the line.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Our forwards are feeling the pinch and so a big prop is the go. We should be trialing Lomax on the right wing and giving Mann a go at left centre. Shake things up a bit before we repeat the crap of last year. Aitken to the bench and Lafai over to the right centre position. Wouldn't hurt to try something different. We need a prop to replace Latimore, someone who can charge up field and bend/break the line.
Why would you be moving Lafai to the right center and playing Mann at left centre? I thought it would be more logical to keep Lafai where he is and put Mann to right centre.

I agree re Latimore, that is why I would be moving Frizell to prop and playing Host in his position.

I also agree with you about Lomax playing right wing.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
We have one spot available, unless we are thinking of trading off someone.
There is absolutely no-one that springs to mind (unless you want Jackson Hastings) that clubs are wanting to let go, even Manly need to maintain their 30 player numbers. ESL are not finished with their season either.
I'm guessing our 30th player (unless we have a dig at Folou if he decides to quit rugby) will be promoted from either our current development squad, Jackson Ford comes to mind, or from ISP wether from our club or another.
Koribette also comes to mind he's definitely not very settled so I'm told ..... Millard go for it

possm

Coach
Why would you be moving Lafai to the right center and playing Mann at left centre? I thought it would be more logical to keep Lafai where he is and put Mann to right centre.

I agree re Latimore, that is why I would be moving Frizell to prop and playing Host in his position.

I also agree with you about Lomax playing right wing.
Playing Lafai at right centre would just about eliminate his 10% success rate flick pass and stiffen our right edge defence. He would feed Lomax and Dufty good ball. Mann plays best on the left and proved that in 2016. With good ball from Mann and Widdop, Macdonald would have no more excuses.

MilanDragon

Juniors
Playing Lafai at right centre would just about eliminate his 10% success rate flick pass and stiffen our right edge defence. He would feed Lomax and Dufty good ball. Mann plays best on the left and proved that in 2016. With good ball from Mann and Widdop, Macdonald would have no more excuses.

I reckon he’d throw the flick still.. either still trying to reach MacDonald with a 60 metre flock pass or a flick to the edge forward on his side.. which is even worse. Let’s keep him on the left, with only McDonald to flick to